Singapore - Feedback

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Singapore - Feedback

Postby indrapr » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:01 am

Some of my tracklogs to help MFM mappers to kickstart in creating the Singapore tile of the map. :) Mostly on the west side of the island, where I currently live and work. Have removed some duplicate/overlapped tracks. Using WMMiniGPS to track so the quality might not be as good as GPSProxy.

Even though I'll also still be contributing to MSM and will still use their maps for my navigation in Singapore, I really hope to see the MFM version of the Singapore map being launched soon. :) :)

Thanks! - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

singawon
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore - Feedback

Postby singawon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:38 am

I think it will be a good start for all those who had not in such mapping process to be involve now,be it a hobby or to learn some new tricks......which you can't learn from elsewhere even you willy to pay for it.

I'll go and dig out those tracklogs I collected so far and post them here.

And for "sing's" sake....we need someone to compile all these data.
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 am

singawon wrote:we need someone to compile all these data.

According to Antyong on another thread:

viewtopic.php?p=884#p884

He already "has some friends mapping Singapore" and that the map will be added later. So I believe the MFM's version of Singapore map project has been started. Perhaps Antyong can clarify?

If that's the case, I guess what we have to do now is to submit as many tracklogs and POIs as possible to help the mappers in building the map.

Can't wait and looking forward to see the MFM's version of the map soon. :) Although I understand that since the map is going to be built from scratch, I won't expect that the map will be as comprehensive as the current MSM's version of the map.

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Postby JJ007 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:36 pm

I believe SG map tile is there (as well as JHR), how can we be sure that whatever we contribute to MFM will not be accused by MSM mapper that the piece of work was his efforts?

I do not think we want to start from stratch?? even using Mapedit with Google map overlay and trace over will take sometime .... :cry:
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:49 pm

JJ007 wrote: how can we be sure that whatever we contribute to MFM will not be accused by MSM mapper that the piece of work was his efforts?

I think they can't accuse us lah,we submit the contribution, they compile,how to copy the data out of the compiled format???
We still need to submit our contribution in .gdb format so the mapper here will compile it again.
Hope I am right on this.
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:56 pm

JJ007 wrote:I believe SG map tile is there (as well as JHR)

On MFM v1.01, SG map tile is not there yet. Only JHR has been added. Note that the mapper in-charge of SG and Johor maptiles is from MSM, not MFM. :) :)

JJ007 wrote:how can we be sure that whatever we contribute to MFM will not be accused by MSM mapper that the piece of work was his efforts?

Even though the mappers might claim "ownership" on the maptiles, but the contributions are ours. We have the rights and the choice to contribute to both MSM and MFM. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:08 pm

indrapr wrote: Note that the mapper in-charge of SG and Johor maptiles is from MSM, not MFM. :) :)

Bro indrapr,I a bit blur here,you mean the mapper in msm is also helping to map in mfm?
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Contribution for Singapore.... should i post it here?

Eight Degree (restaurant, lounge, karaoke) - N1 18.215 E103 47.379

Done! 003 - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Royal Sporting House Factory Outlet (N1 19.765 E103 52.456)

Done! 003 - OngCC
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:35 pm

singawon wrote:I think it will be a good start for all those who had not in such mapping process to be involve now,be it a hobby or to learn some new tricks......which you can't learn from elsewhere even you willy to pay for it.

I'll go and dig out those tracklogs I collected so far and post them here.

And for "sing's" sake....we need someone to compile all these data.

yah, i'm willing to learn mapping process with GPS too. If ok, i can help in mapping around my living place Ang Mo Kio area too... haha
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

Return to “SG Archives”