POIs for Singapore 2010 - July~Aug

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

banduw

Re: POIs for Singapore 2010 - July~Aug

Postby banduw » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Here is the pickup points for NS line. This does not incluce interchanges on NE/EW lines, which are submitted earlier.

Noted that the naming convention used in NE line pickup points don't contain the station name (e.g. "Mrt Ne10 Exit a (Pick Up Point)"). My personal feeling is this is hard to search. In my opinion, it would be more benificial to leave it as "MRT Potong Pasir Exit A".

Can I have some feedback on this naming convention for the benefit of moderators please???

Thanks
Bandu W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:51 pm

V.100712,
Novena Square etc..
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:49 pm

banduw wrote:100712
Here is the pickup points for NS line. This does not incluce interchanges on NE/EW lines, which are submitted earlier.

Noted that the naming convention used in NE line pickup points don't contain the station name (e.g. "Mrt Ne10 Exit a (Pick Up Point)"). My personal feeling is this is hard to search. In my opinion, it would be more benificial to leave it as "MRT Potong Pasir Exit A".

Can I have some feedback on this naming convention for the benefit of moderators please???

Thanks
Bandu W

My 2 cents feedback:
For the example of MRT Ang Mo Kio:
If I am the user and I wish to go to MRT AMK.
First I will check up by which direction and the road immediately w/o finding the meaning of what and which exits (Exits dose not provide useful info. but may be good for tourists) which enable me to rout to the destination safely.
If the destination provided 2 or more directions of rd then the next I will choose the one which most convenient to me to the destination safely.
i.e. MRT amk the official Taxi Stand is position at around AMK Exit B (AMK Ave 8 route). The next alternative unofficial routable location is at the nearby Bus Stop at AMK Ave 3.
Similarly in many places,in the early morning you can see congested cars legally or illegally packed around these locations & positions island wide.
In summery, to me i.e. is the direction of rd which I have to choose from and the next is to drop off safely at the destination poi. The poi location is just around or next to the MRT. Other than that are meaningless to me as a driver and as well the map user.
Thanks.

banduw

Postby banduw » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 am

epi wrote:First I will check up by which direction and the road immediately w/o finding the meaning of what and which exits (Exits dose not provide useful info. but may be good for tourists) which enable me to rout to the destination safely.
If the destination provided 2 or more directions of rd then the next I will choose the one which most convenient to me to the destination safely.

Thanks for the inputs. You are surely right about dropping someone at a MRT station. I would do the same.

However, often the problem I find is in picking up people. Basically, we need a clear way to tell the person "where to go and wait", and a place for the driver to safely stop without having to cross into a bus lane or something. That was the purpose of compiling Pickup point POI list.

My question was more about "how would a typical user would search for it" (assuming him/her wants to find it)?
1. by mrt name? (e.g. "mrt seran...")
2. by mrt code? (e.g. "mrt ne10")
3. by setting "MRT serangoon" as destination and then "search nearby"
4. by "mrt taxi..."
5. by "mrt pick..."

Thanks
Bandu W

banduw

Postby banduw » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Corrected minior roads in Ayer Rajah Crescent. Read lines to be removed, and blue lines to be added.
Ayer rajah crescent.JPG

Thanks

Mappers: Is there a better way to make road/connection corrections to allow you to easily take them in, please let me know.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:54 pm

banduw wrote:
epi wrote:First I will check up by which direction and the road immediately w/o finding the meaning of what and which exits (Exits dose not provide useful info. but may be good for tourists) which enable me to rout to the destination safely.

Thanks for the inputs. You are surely right about dropping someone at a MRT station. I would do the same.

However, often the problem I find is in picking up people. Basically, we need a clear way to tell the person "where to go and wait", and a place for the driver to safely stop without having to cross into a bus lane or something. That was the purpose of compiling Pickup point POI list.

My question was more about "how would a typical user would search for it" (assuming him/her wants to find it)?
1. by mrt name? (e.g. "mrt seran...")
2. by mrt code? (e.g. "mrt ne10")
3. by setting "MRT serangoon" as destination and then "search nearby"
4. by "mrt taxi..."
5. by "mrt pick..."

Thanks
Bandu W

If you have had chosen to view from users perceptive pt of view then I believed you would most probably got the answers by yourself for the questions 1-5 etc..
If I am a blur driver relying on the GPS so much so then I will probably search through MRT xxx as I do not know much of the places and information. Next is for me to choose from the listing which is meaningful to me etc...The listing can be lengthy if it consists of too many less useful xxx . In the end users suffer for information overloaded.
As the users of GPS we are expecting the GPS to do a good job for guiding us correctly to the places safely.
To pick up the peoples from places by assigned pois is seemed to be working the other way round.
At present in the map there are many places and some mrt xxx physical correctly located at the position that are not reachable by cars but reachable by pedestrian users.
There are many places and MRT stations which are build underground without the drop off pt..but with the access pt build at the road side etc..that are meant for pedestrians.
Although the GPS map can guide us correctly and perfectly by the pois to reach at the places front door but many of them build w/o drop off pt.
So, in conclusion we still need to plan ahead by using the GPS before to reach at the destination safely.
Please seek further feedback comments/ approval from the moderator/mapper.
My only 2 cents worth of comments.
Thanks.
Last edited by epi on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

banduw

Postby banduw » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Tanjong Pagar Complex
7 Keppel Road, 089053

And, its highly popular carpark with entrance from Anson Road.

Thanks

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am

V.100712,
Lot 1 etc..
Thanks.

banduw

Postby banduw » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 pm

100712a

Missing addresses & postal codes (for Kinderland Preschool & Childcare).

Bandu W

speedolite

Postby speedolite » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Bro Ong,

just IMHO, currently all expressway exit will include the expressway name (eg. Exit 3 AYE) . Think this is not useful and make the displace of street name longer than neccessary.
Propose to remove the expressway name.
Thanks.

Return to “SG Archives”