Sarawak Error/Change Feedback

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Sabah, Sarawak & Brunei. Mapper: tympg, alyem, shideen

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
omegakimia

Re: Sarawak Error/Change Feedback

Postby omegakimia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 pm

shideen wrote:
omegakimia wrote:and i search hospital sarawak.. no result also.. but when i do map view, there is sarawak general hospital.. i think there's some mistakes somewhere..

Its true name is Sarawak General Hospital. No mistake on this 1. :D
swakgenhosp.jpg

i meant i searched "sarawak hospital" in my iphone Papago and no result came out.. so i think there must be some mistakes on this.. it should came out right? although not complete "sarawak general hospital"

And, I cant search kampung niup as well.. i found it in Google map
My blog: www.lwjuan.com

Using iPhone Papago M6

Hometown in JB but currently studying in UNIMAS, Kuching..

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

omegakimia wrote:
shideen wrote:
omegakimia wrote:and i search hospital sarawak.. no result also.. but when i do map view, there is sarawak general hospital.. i think there's some mistakes somewhere..

Its true name is Sarawak General Hospital. No mistake on this 1. :D
swakgenhosp.jpg

i meant i searched "sarawak hospital" in my iphone Papago and no result came out.. so i think there must be some mistakes on this.. it should came out right? although not complete "sarawak general hospital"

And, I cant search kampung niup as well.. i found it in Google map

Bro,

If you type in sarawak hospital, it won't be able to search and there is general in between, just type hospital, it should come out, for kampung niup, maybe not in our map yet, appreciate if you could marked the location and contribtute to us.

Cheers.

bhthong

Postby bhthong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Pls advice Papago M6 Pro to Iphone installation procedure without jailbreakin the iphone.

Bought Papago M6 Pro (Mal/Sing) of Iphone from App Store, the GPS is not able to function as expected. No matter where I am in Malaysia, it kept show that my current location near Jln P Ramlee. Reinstalled, Enable Location Service, ... still nothing happen.
:ko:

omegakimia

Postby omegakimia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

there is no KFC at saberkas anymore.. close already..

Using iPhone Papago M6

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 am

bhthong wrote:Pls advice Papago M6 Pro to Iphone installation procedure without jailbreakin the iphone.

Bought Papago M6 Pro (Mal/Sing) of Iphone from App Store, the GPS is not able to function as expected. No matter where I am in Malaysia, it kept show that my current location near Jln P Ramlee. Reinstalled, Enable Location Service, ... still nothing happen.
:ko:

Hi bhthong,

The better place to ask your question is here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6613
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Wed May 05, 2010 7:28 am

Update to POI name: Kolej Bersatu Sarawak/United College Sarawak (UCS) is now known as Kolej Laila Taib (KLT).

2. Please remove the Maybank POI at: N2 17 31.1 E111 49 31.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

omegakimia

Postby omegakimia » Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

No such thing as Lorong Salok.. should be Lorong Satok.. in Satok, Kuching

Thx..

Using iPhone Papago M6

khokk

Re: Kuching feedback

Postby khokk » Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

edchuang wrote:Wokkaayyyy. Thanks and Welcome to MFM. :welcome:

Updated. 180410. ~ed

Thank you.
However I downloaded the latest map MFM-Garmin 100503 and installed on my Nokia 5800 and found that the missing section of road is still not updated :ko:

khokk

Postby khokk » Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 pm

There is a road which I am using everyday which is not shown in the MFM map althought it is a very old road. It is part of Lorong Pasir which connects Jalan Permata with Jalan Rock in Kuching. I am attaching a mapsource file LorongPasir.gdb where the missing section of road is showned as a track as well as a Google Earth picture LorongPasir.jpg showing the exact location.

Note: I posted this last month under the topic "Kuching Feedback". EDChuang informed of update on 180410. However when I downloaded the latest map MFM-Garmin 100503 and installed on my Nokia 5800, I found that the section of road is still missing.

Thanks.

NOTE: Just found out that update already done in MFM-Garmin 100510. Thanks a lot. :D :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by khokk on Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylinestar
Valued Contributor

Postby Skylinestar » Sat May 08, 2010 10:13 pm

my updates after a trip from kuching to sibu, mukah and kanowit.

in my opinion, the junctions POI are good for those who wanna know how far they are from the junctions to the town they want to go. it it's also good for those who may get lost and just wanna find their way back to the main road junctions. or maybe some just wanna rest their cars near the junctions after a long car drive. or it may be useful to prove yorself right when your wife argue with you saying that you're not supposed to turn into that junctions.

the hilly road POI is just an indication of the highest part of the road in a hilly area. it's good for majority of us who don't bother with topo elevation view. some people may drive at 70kph..but just when they're going uphill, the car doesn't have the momentum to go up, thus you have to accelerate your car "tekan minyak", struggling your car to go up. if you're being aware that the hilly area is nearby, you'll accelerate you car fast enough so that your car is ready to climb up that road easily.

last of all, i hope those mappers can draw more roads in sarawak because google maps already have an updated satellite view of sarawak. (and yes, the kuching new airport, boulevard, spring shopping mall are in now in google satellite view)

Updated east of E112 -- tympg 9/5/10

Return to “East Malaysia & Brunei Map Feedback”