Amateur Radio

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
9W2BYZ

Re: Amateur Radio

Postby 9W2BYZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 pm

9w2cbl,
so you decided to stick to your studies seminar & skip the CW this time round.... :mrgreen:

9w2yon
Contributor

Postby 9w2yon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:13 pm

thanks bro sulphur... nice...

Operating Garmin Nuvi 255W SG/MY version with:
- SW 2.80

- MFM-Garmin map

9W2CBL
Polygon Mapper

Postby 9W2CBL » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:04 pm

9W2BYZ wrote:

9w2cbl,
so you decided to stick to your studies seminar & skip the CW this time round.... :mrgreen:

Yes decided to stick to my studies and skip this time.. is my priority to have studies first. Ham Radio is my hobby. I can still take another times....

Congratulation to those who pass the exam, and to those who did not make it this time, don't give up! I shall sit with you together in 2nd term.

73!
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius
The avatar is design by Bro. Sulphur - Thanks!
Owned - nuvi200 (US Version), nuvi255W (TWN -> SGMY -> US -> TWN), Last MobileXT V5.00.60

Joncy

Postby Joncy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 am

sulphur wrote:Sorry to those who pmed me earlier as I was @ Aceh. I hope everybody have their new avatars.

BTW the MFM GG on April 10th is on, in addition I am thinking to have an 1/2 hour or 1 hour talk on APRS Technical Talk. Any speaker? Any Hams/APRS sifus from North?

Hams MFM Members,
Pls give feedback.

thanks for the avatar... where will this GG will be held? i can ask a few of us who r now been playing with aprs to join this n discuss about aprs. we not that good as we also still learning... :)

piju

Postby piju » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 am

avatar ? i dont want an avatar. i want a sticker!
http://9m2pju.blogspot.com

piju

Postby piju » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Joncy wrote:
sulphur wrote:Sorry to those who pmed me earlier as I was @ Aceh. I hope everybody have their new avatars.

BTW the MFM GG on April 10th is on, in addition I am thinking to have an 1/2 hour or 1 hour talk on APRS Technical Talk. Any speaker? Any Hams/APRS sifus from North?

Hams MFM Members,
Pls give feedback.

thanks for the avatar... where will this GG will be held? i can ask a few of us who r now been playing with aprs to join this n discuss about aprs. we not that good as we also still learning... :)

i think 9w2acy is now good to go on aprs.
can you help sulphur by giving talk to his students ?
i dont know anything about aprs yet. still learning.
do some talk, demo and do it youself session.
i think Johor Bharu got more aprs users than Kuala Lumpur
and obviously, Penang is growing.

sulphur
Valued Contributor

Postby sulphur » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 pm

piju wrote:

Not for students, it is for MFM North GG @ ?Mapping Clinic? @ QNA on April 10th.
It is just a kick to get more MFM members to involve in Hams too. Come la 9W2PJU, give a helping hand with your valuable expertises on Hams...

piju

Postby piju » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 pm

sulphur wrote:
piju wrote:

Not for students, it is for MFM North GG @ ?Mapping Clinic? @ QNA on April 10th.
It is just a kick to get more MFM members to involve in Hams too. Come la 9W2PJU, give a helping hand with your valuable expertises on Hams...

im not good on aprs. you better find someone who is expert on aprs.
here in KL, i know lots of expertise. some of them are 9w2tpt, 9w2rut, 9m2cj, 9w2ll, 9w2smf. their discussing channel is myaprs on yahoo groups. check out http://9w2tpt.blogspot.com/2009/12/new- ... rs-in.html

Joncy

Postby Joncy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:35 pm

i also still new.. but i will try to ask other ham in penang that been experimenting with aprs to join. i notice that tlchuan@9W2KDX also now active on aprs. as for ham in kl those mentioned by piju can consider sifu on aprs. i also leanrning from them unofficially through thier blog and MY APRS yahoogroups.

piju

Postby piju » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Joncy wrote:i also still new.. but i will try to ask other ham in penang that been experimenting with aprs to join. i notice that tlchuan@9W2KDX also now active on aprs. as for ham in kl those mentioned by piju can consider sifu on aprs. i also leanrning from them unofficially through thier blog and MY APRS yahoogroups.

IMHO, APRS is combination from eletronics, computer and radio. gps device receive signal from satellites, and convert it to packet radio and send it to digipeater (relay) it to igate which is computer/router connected to the internet. correct me if im wrong. i know lots of ppl that never shutdown their devices, because they know how to fix that circuits. if you know how to flash certain router firmware, then you can make it igate or using your computer to become an igate. if you know eletronics, then you will know how to fix your APRS devices, but some component are hard to find. i am thinking to update my facebook status using APRS. somebody just made 73s.org. you can tweet to your twitter account using 73s.org. APRS also have their own email gateway, you can use APRS to send an email. but not to receive an email. just a MTA (mail transfer agent). there is lots of APRS application for your windows computer or linux computer, windows mobile smartphones/PDA and also iphone. but some are paid and some are free to use. i hope that 9w2acy will help sulphur to give a talk about APRS. there is issue (which i dont care) for emission class here in Malaysia. 9m2 and 9w2 dont have F2D class of radio emission (Data transmission by frequency modulation of a radio frequency). do ask you overseas contact. do they have this class in their apparatus assignment ? enough said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_radio_emissions

i am not an expert. im not graduate from any universities. i am not owning any high end devices. just my opinion. blame me if you want. swear to me if you want.

sorry for my bad english.

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”