Bear Grylls Outdoor Clothing

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
aikliang
Contributor

Re: Bear Grylls Outdoor Clothing

Postby aikliang » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:38 am

cwyap wrote:
aikliang wrote:2-day/1-night camping trip @ Hutan Rekreasi Gn Nuang, Ulu Langat, Selangor - 14 & 15 May 2011 (using new trail) Tentative I am ok for this. When do you need me to confirm?

Gn Tahan expedition using Merapoh Trail - 7 to 10 June 2011
(already obtained verbal approval from Taman Negara Pahang, Sg Relau & they will reply in writing within the next couple of days. but my permit is for 4 pax. if you are interested, I can guide you through with the application and subsequent upon reaching TNP Sg Relau, both our groups can merge & share 1 guide as long as the total number people does not exceed 12 pax).Sorry this one tak boleh. Don't think I am ready for long haul hikes yet.

For the Gn Nuang camping trip, just let me know again by 7 May 2011 and I'll re-confirm where/when we all meet up.

Gn Tahan - if you can participate in the Strongman Challenge (the title speaks for itself), you are fit enough :thumbsup: . But I can understand your concern; even my team mates who are physically fitter than me continue to have doubts but for me it's "Let's go have fun" (of course, I do take all necessary precautions to ensure safety).
hahaha... I am participating??... I can't even lift some of the apparatus.. No-lah, we are organizing the strongman challenge. This is already the 5th year we are doing it. If any bros & sistas are free, do come and have a look. Qualifying is on the 17th and final on 24th April, starting at 2.00 PM

This year, we are spicing things up a bit by making the qualifying more difficult and the final more tougher still. Ours is the only real strongman event in Malaysia and we have competitors coming from Singapore, even though the prize money is not that much (Champion only get RM2K cash).
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

rozmiyunus
Valued Contributor
Location: KL(Nuvi 200 & Forerunner 405 + heart rate monitor + speed/cadence sensor)

Postby rozmiyunus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 am

Where the event will be?
themarathonworld.blogspot.com

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

rozmiyunus wrote:Where the event will be?

Which event are you referring to?
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:00 pm

rozmiyunus wrote:Where the event will be?
If you are talking about the Strongman Challenge, it will be in Kulaijaya Johor. Co-ordiantes as per gdb file.
IOI Mall Kulai Johor.gdb

Events line up are:

Qualifying (17th April 2011):-
Tire flip
Fingal Fingers
Farmer Walk
Dead Lift Viking Press

7 qualifiers + 3 reserves will go through to the final

Final (24th April 2011):-
Relay Race
Thor's Hammer
IOI Stones
Culvert Roll
Farmer Carry (Course)
Stone Circle
High Throw

Winner get RM. 2,000 cash prize + winner belt. The amount is small (compare to Singapore Strongman SGD 10,000 + car), but the winner gets the satisfaction of being called the strongest man in Singapore and Malaysia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”