UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
AW*
Valued Contributor

Re: UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Postby AW* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:01 pm

strawberries.JPG
crumbs.JPG
pretty little bird.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 pm

all taken with sony alpha 550 and kit lens (1855mm). can't remember the settings but most of them were either auto or programmed modes. if need be, i can check the exif data. the klcc nightscenes were literally "drive-by-shooting", i shot out of the car window as we passed klcc. my fav are still my cats' photos.

am looking forward to going bukit nanas forest reserve as recommended by bro cwyap.
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

acaimoza
Valued Contributor

Postby acaimoza » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

thomashley wrote:all taken with sony alpha 550 and kit lens (1855mm). can't remember the settings but most of them were either auto or programmed modes. if need be, i can check the exif data. the klcc nightscenes were literally "drive-by-shooting", i shot out of the car window as we passed klcc. my fav are still my cats' photos.

am looking forward to going bukit nanas forest reserve as recommended by bro cwyap.

They are fabulous bro thomashley,
The monochrome are interesting as we seldom see black & white pic these day.
I too love Cats & Kitten ...

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:35 pm

thanks for the compliments bro acaimoza :prayer:

i feel better already...my mind is playing mind-tricks on myself each time i take a photo - when i looked at the result - the "angel" would say "great job". the devil would say, "it's your camera, not you!" in the end, i put them aside and don't want to look at my pics cos i :ko: , weird right?

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Ginger 7.JPG
Ginger n Nicky 13.JPG
Nicky .JPG

more black and white photos of my fav models - they're so used to me and my camera - they will "pose" when i request them to pose...usually if i think i'd like to take a shot - i;ll walk up to them and say"pose"...if they agree, they give me a pose, if not they either walk off or politely declined (through vocalisation).
i've tried to shoot my tux cat in colour but somehow i can't get the exposure right. so i decided to do it b&W..after he's in black & white tux..naturally... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

mnoor

Postby mnoor » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:09 pm

moeyhc wrote:
mnoor wrote:A wooden hut at Sekayu, Trengganu.

Good shot and well composed. Beautiful rocks color.... I can live there forever! :D

Thks for the compliment. This is a very old photo and not the original. Picture was re-taken with a digital camera. Sekayu offers good natural sourroudings but unfortunately, it was not well maintained.

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:13 pm

silverbeauty wrote:I love this house. Taken in one of my many trips to Penang via my Panasonic Lumix LX3 auto mode :mrgreen:

this is indeed grand - where is this in penang?

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Taken using my first real digital camera, the Fuji FinePix A101 (a 1.3MP digital camera). This granddaddy is still in service today - now passed to my son for him to learn photography. :thumbsup:
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 am

hi bro cwyap

do share how you manage to get this effect - i liked the "mist"-like" water effect. hopefully you'll share many more with us

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:49 am

thomashley wrote:hi bro cwyap

do share how you manage to get this effect - i liked the "mist"-like" water effect. hopefully you'll share many more with us

The basic point & shoot Fuji FinePix A101 has a "synchro flash" mode which I use to take photos of waterfalls & running rivers. Surprisingly after 8 years it is still as good as before albeit its 1.3MP output. It will only be useful as long as the MMC cards are still functioning; these are huge 1st generation memory cards. Real antique. :mrgreen:

And the clarity of its capture is as good if not better than the Olympus mju700 :thumbsdown: which I have.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”