Valve Tube Amplifiers

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
More Deneiro

Valve Tube Amplifiers

Postby More Deneiro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 am

I'm thinking of building a Valve amp from scratch, anyone knows where to get 12AX7/ECC83 and EL84 tube valves in KL and are they expensive? I'm a little into Hifi, but the amplifier I have in mind is a Guitar amp. :)

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Valve Tube Amplifiers

Postby sobamy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am

More Deneiro wrote:I'm thinking of building a Valve amp from scratch, anyone knows where to get 12AX7/ECC83 and EL84 tube valves in KL and are they expensive? I'm a little into Hifi, but the amplifier I have in mind is a Guitar amp. :)

There are some music shops in the city. The one I have in mind with ease of parking is:

Bentley Music
Damansara Mutiara
(Opp Tesco)
N3 09.539 E101 36.840

You can purchase many sorts of musical instruments there.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Regards
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:47 am

More Deneiro wrote:I'm thinking of building a Valve amp from scratch, anyone knows where to get 12AX7/ECC83 and EL84 tube valves in KL and are they expensive? I'm a little into Hifi, but the amplifier I have in mind is a Guitar amp. :)

If you happen to be in Singapore, try the ground floor ships in Burlington Square Mall Bencoolen St ... got a two shops selling valves and valves amplifier ... Martin Electronics, Well Audio Lab

Else People's Park Centre, Larry Hi-Fi

More Deneiro

Postby More Deneiro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:56 am

Sobamy, Thanks for the information. I remembered I saw Bentley carries some Valve replacements for Valve amps but that was long time ago. I was wondering does Pasar Road have them as well. But I suspect Valve Tubes sourced through boutique shops tend to be more pricier, not sure.

Silverbeauty, thanks for additional information in Singapore too. My current location is in KL.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:07 am

More Deneiro wrote:Sobamy, Thanks for the information. I remembered I saw Bentley carries some Valve replacements for Valve amps but that was long time ago. I was wondering does Pasar Road have them as well. But I suspect Valve Tubes sourced through boutique shops tend to be more pricier, not sure.

Silverbeauty, thanks for additional information in Singapore too. My current location is in KL.

You got it Mate, Pasar Road is a better bet but the parking... #-o ](*,)
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

hmmmm... Valve amp... good stuff. I bought most of my tubes from Wells Audio Lab in Burlington Sq Singapore. The owner Franky is one tough nut to crack.... He holds fast to a no discount policy and stick to it like super bond.... :x But, he offer tubes at reasonable price. You can write to him to ask for shipping assistance.

Another good place to look for it is at Angela. They test all tubes before shipment and also carry a wide range of Tubes, Blackgate and Jansen oil capacitors.

or You can visit my old friend DIY Paradise who is KL based for all your Tube amp needs. He import Tubes, pots, transformers, speakers...etc. Lately he has gone into Class D switching amp.

Hope this helps... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”