HD vs HD Ready Plasma TV

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ajay

Re: HD vs HD Ready Plasma TV

Postby ajay » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:49 am

silverbeauty wrote:
ajay wrote:hey this IS stil a gps thread, u can see mapsource on 42" screen meh.. :)

Boleh, got input for PC la ..... :thumbsup: Run Garmin PC Mobile ... wah lagi shiok :mrgreen:
that's what i meant la.. but don't tell me u gonna put that 42incher inside the car.. :)
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:55 am

ajay wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
ajay wrote:hey this IS stil a gps thread, u can see mapsource on 42" screen meh.. :)

Boleh, got input for PC la ..... :thumbsup: Run Garmin PC Mobile ... wah lagi shiok :mrgreen:
that's what i meant la.. but don't tell me u gonna put that 42incher inside the car.. :)

Its for the children to follow the routing in the back.....

it stops them saying "Are we there yet?"

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 pm

sunn wrote:In my opinion, Plasma have reflective screen. You can see yourself digging your nose when watching movie or during when the screen is black. :mrgreen:

I sold my 32" Sony Bravia HD Ready LCD TV for a 46" Sharp Full HD. exclusively for PS3. There is a difference.

Invested in a Monster HDMI cable (can get cheap) and wah-loh, can't really explain how awesome the display is.

Also include in your budget for a PS3. You won't regret it. Want to watch Sports/Movies in full-hd thru PS3.

Ask bro sharkteef where to get it for free. :mrgreen:

unker sunny always promo me for all these. i good boy la unker sunny.
btw my 1080p tv using pc to play. no blu-ray rom yet coz its still too costly. RM 1k + wor. better to just ... down....load.....
here is pic of my setup

1 komputer
2 skrins running 2 separate apps (can game on one and watch full hd on the other)
normally i game and my wife will watch.

30042009383.jpg

30042009384.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:31 pm

SOSweet wrote:You can hear the different in sound quality beside improving your living environment as the resonator had the added benefit of a ionizer (not many ppl know about this added benefit), it clean up the electronic smog in the surrounding beside creating negative ion.

I asked the Sales guy at te shop abt this resonator unit but to no avail.... ](*,)

Brudder, I may have to ask you to help me buy one when we arrive in Autumn.

By then, I would have upgraded my current hardwares and have another new PC with SATA motherboards... \:D/
Image ~ Cruiser ~

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:49 pm

silverbeauty wrote:I am looking at replacing my aging TV. :tq:

Bro SB, if I were you, I will buy the Samsung LED TV. It had all the latest technologies in one unit.
It is money well spent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=television&type=television&subtype=ledtv&model_cd=UA40B7000WMXXS
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 pm

cruiser wrote:I asked the Sales guy at te shop abt this resonator unit but to no avail.... ](*,)

Brudder, I may have to ask you to help me buy one when we arrive in Autumn.
By then, I would have upgraded my current hardwares and have another new PC with SATA motherboards... \:D/

Bro Cruiser, you will never regret of having one.
BTW, I'm not in any way related or benefitted to this "recommendation". :peace:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Bro SOSweet, I saw Plasma, LCD and LED TV at Harvey Norman at Bukit Panjang. The salesman was accomodating and played TV5 HD program on all 3 models. The LED stands out but so do the price ... $4K+ for a 42" .... I can get the Plasma szme size for $999 ... now times bad so expectations also goes south ... :(

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 pm

silverbeauty wrote:I can get the Plasma same size for $999 :(

Bro SB, are you sure you can get a 42" for less than $1k ? I saw one model LG 42PQ60 selling $1,600.00 at Courts.
If you can get one at less than $1k, mai tu liao. :tease:
But if there is no immediate need of replacement, just wait for a while when the economic improve or the price dropped then buy the LED. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 pm

SOSweet wrote:Bro Cruiser, you will never regret of having one.
BTW, I'm not in any way related or benefitted to this "recommendation". :peace:

No need to sound paiseh meh....heheh... :mrgreen:

If product is worth having and it performs well as expected aaaand, I want to have it nonetheless, I can only be thankful for your tip and/or recommendation.

Suspicious of linkage???... Not me lah... Good things recommended from good advises are always FREE... :prayer:

I practise this myself!!! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :-' Talk 2U later on this... :-$
Image ~ Cruiser ~

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 01, 2009 12:53 am

I learn one big lesson during my Hifi days..... never never never compare what you have with others. Be satisfied with what you have is the best policy. From solid state to tubes....length of cables enough to stretch across a basketball court. It never end. :$gone:

Hence, the LCD and LED TV differences don't disappoint me after I got my LCD TV. Paying too much on a new technology is a mistake I experience one time too many.... couldn't afford it anymore. There's always the next model that will make yours obsolete! Buy what you think is value for money... than forget about what's coming and most important of all.... don't compare. Technology is for us to enjoy not :x ... cheers

Happy Labor's day!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”