Drive Recorder - DREC3000 and DREC2000

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Drive Recorder - DREC3000 and DREC2000

Postby chaicka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:21 pm

coolerbok wrote:May I please ask where you got the DREC3000 from?

I took a chance last year and got someone visiting from Japan to bring in the DREC2000 with cig adapter but have had a problem getting it to work. After inserting the SD card, all I get is blinking LEDs. Strangely enough, it did write a new directory onto a new SD card.

Thanks.

Original Post: viewtopic.php?p=47303#p47303
Last edited by chaicka on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Re: Drive Recorder - DREC3000 and DREC2000

Postby chaicka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Well, it is not convenient to disclose the source but if you have demand (I believe you should know it's not exactly cheap :wink: ), I can make necessary arrangements to get either DREC2000 or DREC3000. I am still contemplating if I should spend the effort to organize GB since demand is low, and price isn't for the weak hearted.

Here is what I gotten (5 sets of it):
1. DREC3000
2. Optional Push-Button Switch

The installation we have is direct to vehicle's accessory power circuit (leaving the power socket free for other use like GPS) done with flown-in mechanic who's trustworthy and very familiar with Honda cars, not those 'anyhow' workshop/mechanic.

If I am correct, your LEDs are blinking in the following sequence:
Green LED lights up while the other two off, and the other two lights up while green LED off. Basically, all 3 LEDs are flashing, just in different sequence.

I think I can help you 'initialize' the drive recorder. It took me awhile to figure it out and all those friends who knows Japanese weren't of any help too. ;)

coolerbok
Valued Contributor

Postby coolerbok » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi, chaicka.

Thanks for the reply. I would be keen to get the DREC3000 to be installed in my car. Do you have any left?

I actually had a Japanese friend bring in 2 units of the DREC2000 last year, but as I said, I was unable to get it to work. The 2 units have been sitting in my store since last year's F1 GP. The reason I needed it portable was because I had intended it for quick assembly and disassembly in 4X4 for use when in Africa.

I shall be grateful if you can tell me how to "initialise" the unit. (I have to hook it up again to find out the sequence of lights blinking.)

By the way, have you checked this out?
http://www.radars.com.au/radar_detector ... corder.php

Thanks again.

Cheers.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Nope, I do not have extra set as it's per demand basis and I am not in automobile related industry at all. Juz happen to find a source to get DRECs into Singapore.

If you are really keen to get the DREC3000, let me know. I have to let you know the 'clauses'. Actually, if you don't need the extra functionality in DREC3000, why not get the DREC2000 installed and I can just meet up with you to get it initialized (I am not sure if it's the same for DREC2000 but I highly suspect so but need to interpret the LED blink sequence to ensure it's the same error/cause).

For the ADR3000, it was one of the drive recorder I have researched. However, it does not fit the requirements I (and my friends) have. But it's definitely a good recorder with its build-in GPS despite more costly than DREC. The DREC3000 I have are mounted front and rear, and given its size, it's almost not noticeable.

Are you located in Singapore?

coolerbok wrote:Hi, chaicka.

Thanks for the reply. I would be keen to get the DREC3000 to be installed in my car. Do you have any left?

I actually had a Japanese friend bring in 2 units of the DREC2000 last year, but as I said, I was unable to get it to work. The 2 units have been sitting in my store since last year's F1 GP. The reason I needed it portable was because I had intended it for quick assembly and disassembly in 4X4 for use when in Africa.

I shall be grateful if you can tell me how to "initialise" the unit. (I have to hook it up again to find out the sequence of lights blinking.)

By the way, have you checked this out?
http://www.radars.com.au/radar_detector ... corder.php

Thanks again.

Cheers.

coolerbok
Valued Contributor

Postby coolerbok » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:31 pm

I guess you are right. The wiser option is to hook up my existing DREC2000 and can get it working first.

Yes, I am in Singapore. Thanks very much for offering to help. I have pm my contact to you. Please let me know when you will be free to meet.

Thanks again. Cheers.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 pm

By the way, if you are looking for portable drive recorder, you may want to take a look a UBone (Korean) DRS1100 Pro. I believe there is a new model out, DRS2000.

http://www.ubone.co.kr/eng/drs1100pro/features.asp

Parallel import is cheaper though there is an online retailing it in SG with local warranty.

aaron22

Postby aaron22 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for the link here
http://www.radars.com.au/radar_detectr ... corder.php

Ive also noticed http://www.radarsdirect.com.au

does anyone know heaps about these? any comments appreciated

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”