HD Media Player

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Re: HD Media Player

Postby sunn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 am

Bro Alyem,

Buy PS 3 lah. Best of two worlds. Watch movies and play games. :mrgreen:
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am

sunn wrote:Bro Alyem,

PS 3 can play like Media player meh?
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

alyem wrote:
sunn wrote:Bro Alyem,

PS 3 can play like Media player meh?

Stream from PC lah....
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 am

:ko: :ko: :ko:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Bro Alyem,

Too many HD media player around lar....just go out and select which one you comfortable with. Most important is support for all formats, which most media player claimed, but better to test it out as sometime it will not be the case, and full HD 1080p output....some play 1080p movie but the output only 720p.

For your references:

Sunn - TVIX HD M-6600A/N & PS3 Bluray & Game console.
Stimix - ACRyran
76gpsguys - Hisense MP800H
Sharkteef - Notebook with gomplayer
Me - Hisense MP800H

Cheers.

stimix

Postby stimix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 am

Ah Shark no use notebook wan..he use his powderfull super computer wth the most expensive GUI card & sound card to play wan....Fulamak more expensive than Media player liao :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage

NoX

Postby NoX » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I use WDTV Live, bought it in LA for USD 119.99, now available here last I saw in Digital Mall PJ for RM 500.00. I believe price will get cheaper as with any electronics device.

WDTV Live will play almost everything inclusive MKV format at up to 1080p , but it will not do RMV/RMVB I don't have those anyway so not a problem. I use a Dlink wifi dongle to make it wified, and its play Youtube, there are hack for it to make it a torrent client. No build in storage just plug in anything it will use it.

The plug in storage is also available for other LAN user as a low cost NAS. The WDTV Live will access any of your shared folder or in Win 7 anything in your Video folder from any PC connected to your LAN, it just need your password.

I am waiting for the TM HSBB which is available in my area end of March, then the internet capability will be interesting to see.

A cut and paste review:

The successor to the highly successful WDTV. Similar to the original in interface and external design. Uses the new and powerful Sigma 8655 chipset with Ethernet network capability, HDMI 1.3, DTS downmix + passthrough, Dolby TrueHD downmix + pass-through, DTS MA downmix, and a component output.

The big surprise with the WDTV Live was that the chipset used is the new Sigma 8655, which had never been seen before. It is brand new and has significantly improved performance over both the old WDTV and all other Media Players. Tests have shown the WDTV Live to be capable of playing very high reframe video files that no other Media Player is powerful enough to cope with. The user interface is similar to the old WDTV and, whilst not stunning, is a big improvement over the early firmware Realtek players. After several weeks of usage the only major failing discovered is the lack of DVD or Blu-Ray ISO menu support, it will play the video but without menus.

As with previous WDTV products, firmware support is of a different nature to many of the other products we feature. Releases are usually confined to bug fixes and improved functionality is minimal.

After a slow start, availability is now good worldwide. As of 07-Jan there is stock at Amazon (USA $119.00, UK £97.75, Germany €108.95) with free shipping, and Buy.com $119.99.
The WDTV Live has more power than any Media Player that has come before. Yes, it has a few niggles and one glaring missing feature (DVD ISO menus), but overall it is one incredible machine for the price.

For your references:

Sunn - TVIX HD M-6600A/N & PS3 Bluray & Game console.
Stimix - ACRyran
76gpsguys - Hisense MP800H
Sharkteef - Notebook with gomplayer
edchuang - Hisense MP800H
me - WDTV Live

NoX
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:07 pm

chew85 wrote:
alyem wrote:Anyone heard of Hornettek? dunno what model..

At Ikano selling at RM499 on promotion..

nvr heard be4, but expensive. I had done some research, i think the best is EAGET X6, which come with 3years warranty and just RM399.

Where to buy ? if can please provide the shop contact number, plan to get 1 move unit

NoX

Postby NoX » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 pm

EAGET X6

Look very good on specification and functionality and its RM 399.00 with warranty of 3 years... anybody have it appreciate a brief review.

NoX
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 pm

sunn wrote:
stimix wrote:Ask unker Sunny. His the most canggih media player liao :lol:

Aiyah..kena already.

Yeah...canggih Model: M6600N at RM1199 :$gone: :$gone: :$gone:

You can read the spec HERE

So far no regret. :)

Anyone in JB familiar with the media player which includes a TV tuner? As the TV signal from Singapore is poor around my area, my local friendly electrical shop dealer quoted me RM 2200 for the same player like what Uncle Sunn has but with a tuner. He claimed that the tuner is able to tune in those stations from Singapore with HD signal.

I would prefer to buy the media player and the tuner myself for a DIY but not sure if I can easily tune in the signal. Anyone with experience on the set up?

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”