Aquaponics - My Hobby

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: Aquaponics - My Hobby

Postby doraemon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 pm

A few more questions.

1) What "stuff" do you feed the fish?
2) Let the water circulate 12/7 to the plant? Turn off the water pump midnight 12am?
3) And oxygen or air pump needed to supply fresh air to the fish tank?

Thanks for bro nox advices. :prayer:

NoX

Postby NoX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 pm

doraemon wrote:A few more questions.

1) What "stuff" do you feed the fish?
2) Let the water circulate 12/7 to the plant? Turn off the water pump midnight 12am?
3) And oxygen or air pump needed to supply fresh air to the fish tank?

Thanks for bro nox advices. :prayer:

1) Pellet from fish shop, about RM 55.00 for 20kg and kitchen waste.
2) I use timer for pump 7am to 7 pm "ON" and 7pm to 7am "OFF", aerator I use a photo switch to turn it "ON" at night. I need to modify the photo switch, to turn ON pump during the day and turn ON the aerator at night.(something like a relay switch)
3) Yes, partly see item 2.)

Note on item 2)

I am using "Flood and Flush" method to control water to growbeds. Different water control timing will be needed if "Timed Flood and Drain" system used.

Flood and Flush utilised "Auto Siphon" (Bell Valve) to control water flushing and pump runs continuously during the day and stop at night.

Timed Flood and Drain, will run the pump during the day (night OFF) at 15 min ON and 45 min OFF (Estimated) and instead of an Auto Siphon, most people employ a tiny leak hole in the outlet.

Switching OFF the water pump at night have positive effect on system.

1) Plants grow better.
2) Pump during OFF, stuck debris like fish food etc, will be naturally cleaned. This make the time between pump cleaning longer.
3) Less noise during the night.
4) Less power consumption.

I'm trying to design smaller setup for schools, it will be ideal for their science project.

BTW Those diagram that I've posted here are brief sketches, full instructions are on my blog. Its just to display the concept not to explain in details.

NoX
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

NoX

Postby NoX » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Got my name recognise as person that design that particular siphon that I use in Aquaponics..., the forum in Australia use my name to it... [-o<

NoX
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”