PS3 or Xbox 360

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hancool

Re: PS3 or Xbox 360

Postby hancool » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

sunn wrote:I am not sure of the lastest technology of Xbox since I know the previous generations of Xbox got overheating problem (R.O.D.) after a few months of usage.

With the yearly subscription for Xbox gaming, I rather go for PS3 as I got an option to be a premium member(Paid) or an ordinary one (free). Current PS3 can't be modified as to Xbox with cheaper pirated game, the experience is in the online gaming.

Online gaming is fun, addictive, making online friends and releasing tension. I have a group of friends which I meet online and we have yamcha session quite often here in KL. We also share DLC map pack.

Besides, I can also enjoy Blu-ray movies in 3D or 2D in fullHD resolution with 7.1ch audio output. Acting as a Media Centre, I can also stream HD movies, photos and musics from my server or PC.

There are more coming as to PS3 technology here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KywklJJoJ5s

Thanks sunn.....for the info
Garmin nuvi 255w + MFM110117 = THE BEST GPS EVER!!! = YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET LOST (I hope so) :P

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

If you decide to purchase a PS3, give me your nick and I will add you to my friend list.

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 am

Today digital life publish saying that are some some upgrade to ps3, making it to work similar to wii.....another plus point for me to get one... :thumbsup:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

sbanboy

Postby sbanboy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 am

I just got myself a PS3 and no regrets and I am hooked on Final Fantasy 13 and uncharted 2. I also use it a lot as my media player to stream music,videos from my PC :)

Hope to meet new friends on PS3 :)

Oh yeah ... which country did you make an account for the PSN? The seller was telling me if I make a US acc .. more downloadable stuffs etc. Anyway I made myself a Malaysian PSN acc and a US acc just to download demos etc.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

sbanboy wrote:I just got myself a PS3 and no regrets and I am hooked on Final Fantasy 13 and uncharted 2. I also use it a lot as my media player to stream music,videos from my PC :)

Oh yeah ... which country did you make an account for the PSN? The seller was telling me if I make a US acc .. more downloadable stuffs etc. Anyway I made myself a Malaysian PSN acc and a US acc just to download demos etc.

Good to hear you made the right decisions. If Final Fantasy is multi-player online than this is good. Heard at the moment its only for PC version.

Yes, creating a US account has more download stuff like demos etc. This is the restriction of contents imposed on certain countries. You can't find Online Purchase of MW2 game and DLC in Asian PSN. Further, you can get US PSN Card selling in Lowyat at markup price. Don't mind paying for it cos our CC can't be use for US PSN. Besides US, I have also MY, SG, Australia, Europe PSN account. I usually use my SG account to go online.

Is sbanboy your nick in PSN? Thought I saw that nick playing MW2. :)

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

sunn
Senior Mapper

Postby sunn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 am

singawon wrote:Today digital life publish saying that are some some upgrade to ps3, making it to work similar to wii.....another plus point for me to get one... :thumbsup:

Join the club.....lah.

sbanboy

Postby sbanboy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 pm

sunn wrote:
sbanboy wrote:I just got myself a PS3 and no regrets and I am hooked on Final Fantasy 13 and uncharted 2. I also use it a lot as my media player to stream music,videos from my PC :)

Good to hear you made the right decisions. If Final Fantasy is multi-player online than this is good. Heard at the moment its only for PC version.

Yes, creating a US account has more download stuff like demos etc. This is the restriction of contents imposed on certain countries. You can't find Online Purchase of MW2 game and DLC in Asian PSN. Further, you can get US PSN Card selling in Lowyat at markup price. Don't mind paying for it cos our CC can't be use for US PSN. Besides US, I have also MY, SG, Australia, Europe PSN account. I usually use my SG account to go online.

Is sbanboy your nick in PSN? Thought I saw that nick playing MW2. :)

Wow meaning we can create so many accounts ... my main games are played using my malaysian account. By the way can we buy the PSN top up from Sony Malaysia and load up the US account ? Will it work? I am planning to download the older Final Fantasy optimised for PS3.

I really like that PS3 is quite versatile ... I can just hook up my wireless keyboard and mouse and it works :)

Do add me in your PS3 friend's list ... I will pm u my id.... gotta save up for MW2 :)

Cheers.

sunn
Senior Mapper

Postby sunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 am

sbanboy wrote:
Wow meaning we can create so many accounts ... my main games are played using my malaysian account. By the way can we buy the PSN top up from Sony Malaysia and load up the US account ? Will it work? I am planning to download the older Final Fantasy optimised for PS3.

I really like that PS3 is quite versatile ... I can just hook up my wireless keyboard and mouse and it works :)

Do add me in your PS3 friend's list ... I will pm u my id.... gotta save up for MW2 :)

Cheers.

sbanboy,

Received your PSN ID. :tq:

Sony Malaysia does not sell US PSN Card. Surf http://forum.lowyat.net/Playstation for guys who are selling them online or in Lowyat Plaza.

There are also guys in Lowyat.net selling New/Secondhand games as well as New/Used Blu-ray Movies.

Regards

sbanboy

Postby sbanboy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Yippee Playstation Move controller will be launched on September 15th 2010 :)

Playstation Home launched in Malaysia ..... a great place to meet new friends online in PS3.

See you guys there.

Cheers.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:23 pm

I must be leaving in the Stone Age :ko:

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”