UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mnoor

UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Postby mnoor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 am

Title: Going Back Home

This shot was captured using a Nikon PNS many many years ago. At that time I do not know how to use Photoshop yet, so no editing whatsoever other than minor cropping.

What do you think of this photo? Please comment.

vash_h

Re: UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Postby vash_h » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm

look nice.. but the sky is a bit blank..

here's mine from my recent trip to bird park.. comments?

my camera not as canggih as your all one.. shot this using 40D and 55-250mm IS lens..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 am

Here are my favorite shots of Animals.... any comments appreciated.
If my memories doesn't fail me.....

This shot is done through the bird cage netting at the Taiping Zoo. Zoom in onto your subject to catch as little of the netting as possible. Open up the Aperture for a shallow depth of field to blur the obstructions.
Bird1.jpg

Utilizing the C750 Ultra Zoom capability I zoomed onto the subject to wait for the right composition. I was waiting for the Swan to make a small whirl pool pattern on the water for greater effect, but this never happened.... arghhh...
TheSwan.jpg

Still at the Zoo, saw the Tiger going for a swim. Focusing through the over hanging roots to the Tiger is not an easy task. Spend too much time Focusing and you loose the shot... I cheated... the Grass in the back ground looks super sharp.... :mrgreen: This also gives a sense of depth.
Tiger2.jpg

My most successful shots of animals is setting the camera to AUTO... yes Auto... this gives me ample time to focus on the composition.

Pictures taken using the Olympus C750 Ultra Zoom (unedited).

Edited: 20101207 - add comments to pics as suggested by Bro acaimoza
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by moeyhc on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 am

Here are some unprocessed pictures as taken at Malacca Zoo in 2007 using a humble Casio P&S EX-Z40 camera

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Taken during my family's trip to Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve in Kuala Lumpur recently. That place is a photographer's haven but the mosquitoes there were bloody huge & numerous!

Taken using my Canon PowerShot SX100 IS.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Here are some Wawas pics that I really like from my C750UZ

All three pictures taken at the Toy Museum in Penang.
Shooting through glass cabinet requires some forward planning. Avoiding reflection both from the Glass cabinet and the subject is any photographer's main concerns. Choosing the right angle to shoot while maintaining the composition is always a challenge. I used my handkerchief to shield the ambient light to the cabinet and shooting through the viewfinder to block other light source from getting to the lens. On digital still life photography, you have all the time to do anything.... in my case some very angry people trying to see what I'm trying to hide behind my hanky.... :lol:

Any comments appreciated.
ChineseWaWa-1.jpg

ChineseWaWa-2.jpg

JapaneseWaWa-1.jpg

Edited: 20101207 - add comments to pics as suggested by Bro acaimoza
Last edited by moeyhc on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

acaimoza
Valued Contributor

Postby acaimoza » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Hiii Photographers,

I'm not a good photographer, but I love the art and all those good beautiful photos.
Just a suggestions ....
When a photo is uploaded, please do give some tips on how you get that wonderful picture.
Or probably some kind of guide on use of additional filters; speed; ASA or some sort ...

Regards
[moza]

Chuah
Polygon Mapper
Location: SG Nuvi 200, 76CX, Holux GPSmile 62 + Papago X2, 3, 5 + Omnia 2 GMXT

Postby Chuah » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:09 pm

How about this.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm

acaimoza wrote:Hiii Photographers,

I'm not a good photographer, but I love the art and all those good beautiful photos.
Just a suggestions ....
When a photo is uploaded, please do give some tips on how you get that wonderful picture.
Or probably some kind of guide on use of additional filters; speed; ASA or some sort ...

Regards
[moza]

Try this site http://www.dcviews.com/tutors.htm :thumbsup:

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm

I love this house. Taken in one of my many trips to Penang via my Panasonic Lumix LX3 auto mode :mrgreen:

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”