MFM party van goes to north ...... 10th april

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

myin
Valued Contributor

Re: MFM party van goes to north ...... 10th april

Postby myin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 pm

cwchoo85 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
cwchoo85 wrote:i am now staying at penang hotel for this weekend.
MFM look like still not good using in Penang compare with KL.
road is not accurate. less junction view, incorrect instruction given (different with what it show in maps, map show follow left but direction ask you follow right lane). weird.
hope penang mappers can improve this.

I have been using the MFM maps which did not disappoint me in providing good navigational directions to POI in my business and pleasure visits.

Please advise what GPS model are you using and can you provide examples of the inaccuracies, incorrect instructions etc... . with co-ordinates :tq:

china GPS, atlas4, 128MB and 4GB build in. Papago X5 SE.
i not familiar with Penang roads, somemore forgot to stop down and record the road that got error.
just remember one of the confuse routing is going to Bayan Baru Pos office, near the sunshine square there.
2nd is from sunshine square going to PISA, it ask me use small road (go into the Malay Kampung instead of main road).
3rd wrong routing is from queens bay area want going back to bayan baru, the maps show using left lane but the voice and directions show follow right lane, it make me almost accident yesterday. ha ha

can think Papago R6600 :thumbsup:

sulphur
Valued Contributor

Postby sulphur » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Thank you to everybody who make an effort to come today. :thumbsup:

So many small separate serious discussions at various tables after the formal talks.
I assumed only our table has a very 'high quality academically inclined' :nutz: :nutz: discussion.

Thank you again to antyong + mfm party van official members. Also to Ipoh, Penang and Kedah gangs. =D> =D>

Have a safe journey home.

73 de 9W2TAD

Note:
Based on the money collected, 39 members turned up.

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks to Bro Sulphur for arranging such a fantastic place for our GG. Good auditorium with comfortable seats, good air-con, projection & sound system for the presentations. After that, the cafetaria with "small" but not so small (haha) lunch. The cafetaria was really conducive to group discussions, with air-con & so many round tables. All exclusive to our GG. Really wonderful place. Thanks also to the KL team who drove all the way here. I got some valuable information today. A very good GG for me.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

mrlee2k

Postby mrlee2k » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:37 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:Thanks to Bro Sulphur for arranging such a fantastic place for our GG. Good auditorium with comfortable seats, good air-con, projection & sound system for the presentations. After that, the cafetaria with "small" but not so small (haha) lunch. The cafetaria was really conducive to group discussions, with air-con & so many round tables. All exclusive to our GG. Really wonderful place. Thanks also to the KL team who drove all the way here. I got some valuable information today. A very good GG for me.

I felt jelous and deeply sorry for me as i miss this wonderful, cheerfull, confortable and beneficial GG. I hope that I can joint and learn more about polygon mapping and doing some serious pplygon as many polygon mappers are there and i can learn and ask what ia want.

But I mss them all, misas their lesson and miss their valueble answers. Don't know if this opportunity will come agaim to me.

Anyway thanks to sulphur for the perfect place and to all mfms team that came all the way to penang.

Lastly I thrully jelous to Sulphur for his wonderfull mapping of ILPNT (the event place), hope one day I can do the same thing.

Thank you, and sorry....

Joncy

Postby Joncy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:09 pm

its nice to meet all us MFMers... c u all again some other time.... thanks bro sulphur for hosting the event... thanks again to all...

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank You Abang sulphur
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

trekker1
Valued Contributor

Postby trekker1 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I dont have many photos of today's GG, most of our photos were taken by brother "the eagle owl" including group photo....

In a mean time, some photos here to quench your thirst... :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chindian
Contributor

Postby chindian » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 pm

first and foremost :tq: to the organisers, secondly to the presenters and last but not least to all who made the effort to be there. some were first time acquaintance for me. overall :good: .
Latitude is Where We are Lost,
Longitude is How Long We've been Lost There!

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm

:good: :rox: =D> =D> =D>

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Itu Mee goreng , curry puff & kuih sedap :mrgreen: