Papago - M3gps Consultant - V1

Feedback for MFM-Papago map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Papago map only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
cititank

Re: Papago - M3gps Consultant

Postby cititank » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi M3gps consultant,

I am using Papago R6300T with Papago X9. Would like to know, can I save my map into MicroSD card and view the map from MicroSD card?

FYI, I tried to save the map into MicroSD, but the Papago X9 not able to view the file. However, I able to play the MP3 file from the MicroSD card.

Regards,
Cititank

stanxx

Papago M9 with Cyanogen 9

Postby stanxx » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Image Image Image

ONLY For Sharing and ONLY for ppl who understand about Cyanogen 9

Sit in my car, not moving, turn on my SGS2, turn on GPS, no data connection, no Wifi.

Then turn on Papago M9, after about 1 minute Papago M9 fully loaded (it will freeze for a while before fully loaded because Papago M9 is detecting asisted GPS or aGPS which will need data connection/wifi, later when aGPS not detected then M9 will continue to load), after that with less than 1 minute Papago M9 can fix GPS location.

Then started to drive my car to do testing, about 15 minutes with more than 20 times of re-routing, everything just fine, no FC no problem at all.

stanxx

Papago M9 with Resurrection Remix 2.61

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 am

ONLY For Sharing and ONLY for ppl who understand about Resurrection Remix.

I just flashed Resurrection Remix 2.61 (latest version) and tried out Papago M9 with my SGS2.

Image Image Image Image Image

I sit in my car, not moving, turn on my SGS2, turn on GPS, no data connection, no Wifi.

Then turn on Papago M9, after about 1 minute Papago M9 fully loaded (it will freeze for a while before fully loaded because Papago M9 is detecting asisted GPS or aGPS which will need data connection/wifi, later when aGPS not detected then M9 will continue to load), after that with less than 1 minute Papago M9 can fix GPS location.

Papage freeze for a while to detect aGPS network.

If this pop up, then press "wait"

Then started to drive my car to do testing, after trying more than 20 times of re-routing, everything just fine, no FC no problem at all :thumbsup:
Last edited by stanxx on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jusbella
Contributor

Postby jusbella » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 am

That cool~ Stanxx...

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 am

jusbella wrote:That cool~ Stanxx...

Thanks Jusbella, I would like to share out if i found something new because I'm also using Papago O:)

GKnight

Postby GKnight » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

stanxx wrote:
GKnight wrote:Why blame Samsung when other navigation programs such as Igo, NDrive, Sygic, CoPilot that I have tried with a Samsung phone without problem. Don't you think it the Papago software that is inferior compared to those mentioned.

Yes, i totally agree that Papago is not a very good software because cannot compatible with all brands.

One thing you need to think again, if Papago is an "inferior" software, then in this world there are a lot of "inferior" people who is using Papago, maybe daily, maybe you too, who knows.
A lot of people use Papago is not by choice my friend, why so worked up. If not for the map updates I wouldn't give it a second look. My first choice is still Sygic. Using Sygic in city and Papago if I go to somewhere ulu.

Ask you one question, you say don't blame Samsung, DO YOU KNOW THAT ONLY SAMSUNG PHONE IS HAVING PROBLEM with Papago? You know or not? Know? or don't know??
Why so Stressed, Relax-lah brother. I can't agree with you on that. Other make are also having issues with Papago. Maybe those in this forum are waiting quietly for the fix from M3GPS while the Samsungs are making all the noise. Just google and see.

Do you know after my SGS2 upgraded to latest ICS version, then i have no more problem when using Papago, DO YOU KNOW THIS? You know? or not? Why like this? You know or not?
I have no issue using Papago on my old ACE running on stock rom and now on my S3 also on stock rom. In other words right out of the box no issue. Maybe I'm the lucky one and you're the unlucky one. Hope you won't buy another Samsung.

This is because Samsung old version firmware not good, you know?
Is it? If it is so, why other GPS programs can work without issue. Do you know this? You know? or not? Why like this? You know or not? It's not the hardware but the software that causes the problem. :peace:

GKnight

Re: Papago M9 with Resurrection Remix 2.61

Postby GKnight » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 am

stanxx wrote:ONLY For Sharing and ONLY for ppl who understand about Resurrection Remix.

I just flashed Resurrection Remix 2.61 (latest version) and tried out Papago M9 with my SGS2.

I sit in my car, not moving, turn on my SGS2, turn on GPS, no data connection, no Wifi.

Papage freeze for a while to detect aGPS network.

If this pop up, then press "wait"

Then started to drive my car to do testing, after trying more than 20 times of re-routing, everything just fine, no FC no problem at all :thumbsup:

Something is not right with your phone or your M9. Haven't seen that error message "Papago is not responding......" before. Do you know that there might be a way to tweak it. What happen if it detect data connection is turned on. You must be a Linux programmer to know that it searches for aGPS before loading all this.

iveswoo

Postby iveswoo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 am

just want to ask if i upgrade new map, will all my existing favorites disapear from my gps?

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 am

GKnight wrote:
stanxx wrote:
GKnight wrote:Why blame Samsung when other navigation programs such as Igo, NDrive, Sygic, CoPilot that I have tried with a Samsung phone without problem. Don't you think it the Papago software that is inferior compared to those mentioned.

Yes, i totally agree that Papago is not a very good software because cannot compatible with all brands.

One thing you need to think again, if Papago is an "inferior" software, then in this world there are a lot of "inferior" people who is using Papago, maybe daily, maybe you too, who knows.
A lot of people use Papago is not by choice my friend, why so worked up. If not for the map updates I wouldn't give it a second look. My first choice is still Sygic. Using Sygic in city and Papago if I go to somewhere ulu.
You have no choice right????? because papage has it own advantages also right?? suggest you can totally abandon papago and go to use sygic, if no updated map, then suggest you can complain sygic there..

Ask you one question, you say don't blame Samsung, DO YOU KNOW THAT ONLY SAMSUNG PHONE IS HAVING PROBLEM with Papago? You know or not? Know? or don't know??
Why so Stressed, Relax-lah brother. I can't agree with you on that. Other make are also having issues with Papago. Maybe those in this forum are waiting quietly for the fix from M3GPS while the Samsungs are making all the noise. Just google and see.
Hahas, you mean the Navxxxx cracked version??? =P~ make me laugh.. :lol:

Do you know after my SGS2 upgraded to latest ICS version, then i have no more problem when using Papago, DO YOU KNOW THIS? You know? or not? Why like this? You know or not?
I have no issue using Papago on my old ACE running on stock rom and now on my S3 also on stock rom. In other words right out of the box no issue. Maybe I'm the lucky one and you're the unlucky one. Hope you won't buy another Samsung.

This is because Samsung old version firmware not good, you know?
Is it? If it is so, why other GPS programs can work without issue. Do you know this? You know? or not? Why like this? You know or not? It's not the hardware but the software that causes the problem. :peace:
Hahahahahahass... lol.... you really make me laugh and roll on the floor again :lol: if software that cause problem than why can be used in other phone??? why can be used in new version stock rom??? why??

stanxx

Re: Papago M9 with Resurrection Remix 2.61

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 am

GKnight wrote:Something is not right with your phone or your M9. Haven't seen that error message "Papago is not responding......" before.
Please go and learn what is "ARN" function first.

Do you know that there might be a way to tweak it.
So far thru my experience, i don't think there is a way tweak, unless i know how to make my own rom so i can modify the rom. To make it clear again, this is not an error, papago only freeze for a while because papago need to detect aGPS, so it gives command to the rom, and the rom still keep trying to detect networking available, so it will delay a while. On the other hand, Stock rom or some custom rom will have more clear cut decision, if no networking can be detected then immediately it reject the command from papago, that means papago can load up immediately.

What happen if it detect data connection is turned on.
i never tried before because i don't have data plan for my maxis line.

You must be a Linux programmer to know that it searches for aGPS before loading all this.
As i said just now, I not programmer, only learn thru experience.

Return to “MFM-Papago map/software feedback”