Papago - M3gps Consultant - V1

Feedback for MFM-Papago map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Papago map only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
stanxx

Papago M9 with PARANOIDANDROID 1.92 (Hybrid mode)

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 am

ONLY For Sharing and ONLY for ppl who understand about PARANOIDANDROID .

PARANOIDANDROID 1.92 (Hybrid mode)(Updated 27/7/2012)
Base: CyanogenMod 9

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Papago Testing
Stood in front of my open space terrace house, turned on my SGS2, turned on GPS, no data connection, no Wifi.

Then turned on Papago M9 and it loaded immediately without freezing, and after less than half a minute Papago M9 can fix gps location (it ever happened that Papago M9 can fix location in less than 10 seconds).

Will try Papago gps on the road tomorrow morning. ...to be continued...

Testing result:
1st Try > FC problem
2nd Try > after 1st Try FC then immediately reload papago, found no more FC, will observe again..

3rd Try > still FC problem
**Conclusion, Paranoidandroid is not suitable with Papago.

Last edited by stanxx on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stanxx

Re: Papago - M3gps Consultant

Postby stanxx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:07 am

iveswoo wrote:just want to ask if i upgrade new map, will all my existing favorites disapear from my gps?

No worries, thru my experience, if you ONLY upgrade/replace new map, your favorites will not disappear, for sure.

pg6ryan

Postby pg6ryan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 am

jusbella wrote:
m3support wrote:
jusbella wrote:Where can I download Thailand map in English language for Papago M9?

Hi jusbella,

After advised by my technical team, you may download the latest Thailand map at below link:-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54091838/TH_120501_M_Z_9M.rar

Thank you.

OK, thanks for the link ^^

I tried the Dropbox link but not valid anymore for Thai map. Can u upload again? I am using Papago 8.5

aceninja

Postby aceninja » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 am

jusbella wrote:
stanxx wrote:
sHawTY wrote:And do you know there are a lot of people is also having problem running Papago on HTC, LG, Motorola android phones?
Papago IS an inferior software.

You just don't see it because they didn't file their complaints in here.

hahas... you know? there are far too many ppl who are using papago gps with their non-samsung devices with no problem at all, and of course they won't post a thread here and praise about papago..

Yes indeed, like me, I'm on HTC one X and Desire HD, no issue at all...

My phone is Xperia Arc S with stock ICS rom. And i've problem running Papago M9, and i believe i did complained here before.
who are you to say ONLY SAMSUNG got problem?

anyway, the papago M9 on my phone still has the same problem, ie when internet data is on the GPS locks to a very far far away wrong position. i now only come here to check if solutions are out or something. and i especially likes the "you know? you know or not? you don't know? you know?" sounds cool and funny, lols.

sHawTY
Contributor

Postby sHawTY » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 pm

aceninja wrote:My phone is Xperia Arc S with stock ICS rom. And i've problem running Papago M9, and i believe i did complained here before.

anyway, the papago M9 on my phone still has the same problem, ie when internet data is on the GPS locks to a very far far away wrong position. i now only come here to check if solutions are out or something. and i especially likes the "you know? you know or not? you don't know? you know?" sounds cool and funny, lols.
What do you have to say stanxx?

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Please tell the M3gps consultant again what is your problem?

The best is email directly to them and show you lisence.

This is to avoid all ppl using INFERIOR cracked version and just simply post here. :peace:

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 pm

sHawTY wrote:
aceninja wrote:My phone is Xperia Arc S with stock ICS rom. And i've problem running Papago M9, and i believe i did complained here before.

What do you have to say stanxx?

Thank you for still remember me :peace:

spirit3510

Postby spirit3510 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 pm

my R6600 is updated to x8.5,
but when i tried to update the map "MFM-PPG- X8.5-X9-120704",
my device just stuck on the papago logo screen and won't go further,
how can i fix this?

GKnight

Postby GKnight » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:08 am

aceninja wrote:
stanxx wrote:
sHawTY wrote:And do you know there are a lot of people is also having problem running Papago on HTC, LG, Motorola android phones?
Papago IS an inferior software.

You just don't see it because they didn't file their complaints in here.

hahas... you know? there are far too many ppl who are using papago gps with their non-samsung devices with no problem at all, and of course they won't post a thread here and praise about papago..

My phone is Xperia Arc S with stock ICS rom. And i've problem running Papago M9, and i believe i did complained here before.

Strange enough I read a lot of people having this issue with the internet data turned on, regardless of phone brand, M9 locks to somewhere else. Some how, like some, I do not have this issue when using with the internet data turned on. Someone tweaked the \etc\host and changed the 127.0.0.1 localhost to 127.0.0.1 "www.papago.com.tw" and problem solved. You may want to give it a try and see whether it works.

zhihao

Postby zhihao » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

GKnight wrote:Strange enough I read a lot of people having this issue with the internet data turned on, regardless of phone brand, M9 locks to somewhere else. Some how, like some, I do not have this issue when using with the internet data turned on. Someone tweaked the \etc\host and changed the 127.0.0.1 localhost to 127.0.0.1 "www.papago.com.tw" and problem solved. You may want to give it a try and see whether it works.

Waiting someone ask:

jusbella wrote:=_= lol is it legal?

Return to “MFM-Papago map/software feedback”