[Planning to] Langkawi

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
feiming
Valued Contributor

[Planning to] Langkawi

Postby feiming » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:07 am

Any suggestion on bars,foods and alcohol store!!
Last edited by feiming on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

map1629

Re: Flying to Langkawi

Postby map1629 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Heard the Wonderland Food Store near Kuah town is very good highly recommended. I missed it during my recent June 09 trip. (You can find it on Garmin POI.) I went to the nearby Teo's restuarant (so so only)

Link here Tripadvisor review;

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... Kedah.html

astroace

Postby astroace » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi Feiming,
I'm a regular visitor to Langkawi. There are quite a number of food pois already in the latest malfree maps.
Try not to miss these;
1) Cactus Restaurant in Pantai Tengah opp Holiday Villa (Western food, very good service & atmosphere, popular with foreign visitors, bosses very friendly)
2) Malay Ikan Bakar Restaurant in Bkt Malut near Prawn Farm (Malay style cooking, fishing village, very fresh seafood, some fishes still alive, plenty of mosquitoes due to swarmland)
3) Wonderland Seafood in Psn Mutiara 2 near Bella Vista (Chinese style cooking, everytime crowded)
4) Restaurant Dominos near Hotel Bayview (Authentic German food, own & run by retired German guy, aircond need servicing)
Encl Food.gdb file for No-2 & 4

Happy Holiday,
astroace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

feiming
Valued Contributor

Postby feiming » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:49 am

astroace wrote:Hi Feiming,
I'm a regular visitor to Langkawi. There are quite a number of food pois already in the latest malfree maps.
Try not to miss these;
1) Cactus Restaurant in Pantai Tengah opp Holiday Villa (Western food, very good service & atmosphere, popular with foreign visitors, bosses very friendly)
2) Malay Ikan Bakar Restaurant in Bkt Malut near Prawn Farm (Malay style cooking, fishing village, very fresh seafood, some fishes still alive, plenty of mosquitoes due to swarmland)
3) Wonderland Seafood in Psn Mutiara 2 near Bella Vista (Chinese style cooking, everytime crowded)
4) Restaurant Dominos near Hotel Bayview (Authentic German food, own & run by retired German guy, aircond need servicing)
Encl Food.gdb file for No-2 & 4

Happy Holiday,
astroace

Thanks...anyone know where's the cheapest plan to rent a car?

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Re: [Planning to] Langkawi

Postby uncle wong » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Remember to buy more Budweiser beer :mrgreen:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:36 pm

feiming wrote:Thanks...anyone know where's the cheapest plan to rent a car?

Do get the car from a licensed agency even though it means that you would be paying slightly higher. It would saved you the headache later. I knew because I had a bad experience with an unlicensed one outside the ferry terminal. Claimed I broke some of the accessories and asking for RM500 for the compensation. After some argument, they just forfeited my deposits of RM50. It could be just one case in a million like someone said, but I would definitely not going for unlicensed agency again.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 pm

astroace wrote:...

Hi Astroace, is this the one named Medan Ikan Bakar Nelayan?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

feiming
Valued Contributor

Postby feiming » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:20 pm

uncle wong wrote:Remember to buy more Budweiser beer :mrgreen:

I'll remember to drink Budweiser but not bring those back.I'm trying to bring back some black label and many small bottles alcohol.

mdfaisal

Postby mdfaisal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Very new to this gps thingy..very happy with it. Hope that I can help contribute in updating the map. Special thanx to those who have been hardworking in preparing this.
:rox:

Anyway, just came back from Langkawi last week. Brought Mobile XT, very helpful. Yes, Name of the Malay Ikan Bakar is "Nelayan". The place is pretty plain and not a grand restaurant, and decent food. To go there, you can plug in the bearings : N 06* 19.171' and E 99* 47.761' in your GPS.

Some Tips: Don't ask to cook Sweet Sour..not so nice. Maybe can ask to try to cook "Tiga Rasa".

We were charged for RM208 ( 8 of us), 2 kerapu, 1 kg of prawns and 700g of sotongs.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks Mdfaisal for verifying the name of the place. Any other recommended places to eat around Langkawi (with coordinates of course)? :)
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”