A short Trip to Mersing, Paloh & Kluang

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Franklkk

A short Trip to Mersing, Paloh & Kluang

Postby Franklkk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi all, this coming March holiday starting from one of weekends (Friday to Sunday). I am planning to drive my family to my old kampong at Jemaluang to visit my relatives. Noon time, I will drive to Mersing to tour around the city, walk along the beach then look for a reasonable 2 to 3 star hotel to stay for a night.

Next day, I will drive to Paloh to visit my another relatives. I will stay there throughout the morning. After lunch, I will drive to Kluang to stay at the city for a night (look for a reasonable 2 to 3 star hotel again). As I have never been to Kluang before and I hope my GPS will bring me to explore some shopping centres & tourist attractions.

The 3rd day, I will attend my relative wedding lunch at one of the Kluang's restaurant till about 5pm. After that, I will drive back to Singapore by North South highway. Throughout the trip, I will be relying on my Marbella M880 GPS. Can I trust my GPS? :-?

I would like to get some advices from the bro & sis here. Is my trip tough for my family? Any suggestion or recommendation such hotel, places to visit, any other routes should I take and the toll charges along the way & back to Singapore.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Frankie

zuree
Valued Contributor

Re: A short Trip to Mersing, Paloh & Kluang

Postby zuree » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Franklkk wrote:Hi all, this coming March holiday starting from one of weekends (Friday to Sunday). I am planning to drive my family to my old kampong at Jemaluang to visit my relatives. Noon time, I will drive to Mersing to tour around the city, walk along the beach then look for a reasonable 2 to 3 star hotel to stay for a night.

Next day, I will drive to Paloh to visit my another relatives. I will stay there throughout the morning. After lunch, I will drive to Kluang to stay at the city for a night (look for a reasonable 2 to 3 star hotel again). As I have never been to Kluang before and I hope my GPS will bring me to explore some shopping centres & tourist attractions.

The 3rd day, I will attend my relative wedding lunch at one of the Kluang's restaurant till about 5pm. After that, I will drive back to Singapore by North South highway. Throughout the trip, I will be relying on my Marbella M880 GPS. Can I trust my GPS? :-?

I would like to get some advices from the bro & sis here. Is my trip tough for my family? Any suggestion or recommendation such hotel, places to visit, any other routes should I take and the toll charges along the way & back to Singapore.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Frankie

Never try Marbella before this and if you ask me i trust my old Garmin Nuvi 200w. No problem so far \:D/

Franklkk

Postby Franklkk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 pm

zuree wrote:Never try Marbella before this and if you ask me i trust my old Garmin Nuvi 200w. No problem so far \:D/

Hi, I have my handphone Garmin XT on stand-by in case Marbella fail me. Therefore, I have to thanks mfm to have my HTC installed with the Garmin map. Too bad, no junction view.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Kluang Town Johor

Places of interest :
Zenxing Organic Park Kluang N1 57.755 E103 12.713
Gunung Lambak Water Park N2 01.523 E103 20.665

Places to Makan
Kluang Railway Coffee Kluang N2 01.996 E103 19.057
Chop Foo Chew TsimSum Kluang N2 02.212 E103 19.165
Tong Jiat Beef Noodle Kluang N2 02.215 E103 19.157
Sam Kee Bbq Place for good roasted pork! N2 01.570 E103 19.215
Botak Curry Mee Kluang N2 01.736 E103 19.263

Places to Shop
Kluang Parade N2 02.163 E103 19.223
The Store N2 02.011 E103 19.282
Pacific Kluang Mall N2 02.377 E103 19.205

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:01 pm

if can, spend more time in mersing and go tioman for duty free shopping..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

Franklkk

Postby Franklkk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks to Silverbeauty & Vash_h suggestions. I am now able to plan better with all these info. However, I can't spend more time to go Tioman as my schedule is very tight. This time round I will give it a miss. Maybe end of the year I may go Tioman to relax with my family.

michaeleu

Postby michaeleu » Sat May 07, 2011 11:32 am

Was planing to go to Kluang next weekend, was wondering which hotel to stay.
After searching the internet, was looking at Anika hotel.
Any comments on this hotel, or any other recommendations?

Thanks.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat May 07, 2011 12:28 pm

michaeleu wrote:Was planing to go to Kluang next weekend, was wondering which hotel to stay.
After searching the internet, was looking at Anika hotel.
Any comments on this hotel, or any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Bro michaeleu, here something to explore that is out of the normal hotel which is near Kluang town :thumbsup:

http://www.organic-kahang.com/

Look under Pictorials, gate rates

http://www.ukfarm.com.my/uk-agroresort.htm

michaeleu

Postby michaeleu » Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 am

Thanks SilverBueaty :wink:

My parent recommend me White House Hotel, Kluang. :zzz:
Any comment ?
Last edited by michaeleu on Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 am

michaeleu wrote:Thanks SilverBueaty :wink:

My oarent recommend me White House Hotel, Kluang. :zzz:
Any comment ?

Sorry never stay there. Most of hotels in Kluang are small outfits so your expectations bar should be lowered.

IMHO, I would prefer Ailang Hotel. Closer to Parkson / Giant and makan places. White House is nearer to The Store Mall

Rail Cafe at Kluang Railway Station for breakfast ( roti bakar + kopi satu + Nasi Lemak ) is not to be missed. They have a branch opposite Kluang Parade ( N2 02.212 E103 19.224 ) if you do not want to go to the railway station.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”