Senai-Desaru Expressway

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Mike_C

Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway

Postby Mike_C » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Mike_C wrote:Hi,

I just received an email informing that the E22 is fully opened on 10 June 2011.

See attached:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Confirmed the highway is open ...... and tracked for MFM.
Desaru 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:46 am

simseair wrote:Confirmed the highway is open ...... and tracked for MFM.
Desaru 3.jpg

=D> :thumbsup: Great News :thumbsup: =D>

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

Great! A faster route to Desaru!!
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Good news . :thumbsup:
:rox:

cyktai001

Postby cyktai001 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 pm

hi guys, just got back from Sg Rengit via E22. i am quite disappointed overall with the Cahaya-Penawar section, its single lane, and the surface is bumpy, which makes it no difference from the old Kota road in terms of travelling speed... whats more, due to the free toll, there are quite a lot of cars and i had to jam 2km at the penawar toll in the cahaya-penwar direction. even if u have TnG or SmarTag, still have to jam, because the single jam abruptly split into 4 lanes, 2 for cash and 1 TnG 1 SmarTag. so u have to queue behind all the cash paying cars. then in the penawar-cahaya direction, the jam starts on the bridge itself, all the way until Kong Kong area. Might as well take the Kota Tinggi road...

Maybe once they start charging toll and less people use the road, the traffic might be better, but for me, i wouldn't pay to drive on a single carriageway, might just take the old roads. my parents also agree they'd rather take the old road, got more "activities" along the way.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

cyktai001 wrote:hi guys, just got back from Sg Rengit via E22. i am quite disappointed overall with the Cahaya-Penawar section, its single lane, and the surface is bumpy, which makes it no difference from the old Kota road in terms of travelling speed... whats more, due to the free toll, there are quite a lot of cars and i had to jam 2km at the penawar toll in the cahaya-penwar direction. even if u have TnG or SmarTag, still have to jam, because the single jam abruptly split into 4 lanes, 2 for cash and 1 TnG 1 SmarTag. so u have to queue behind all the cash paying cars. then in the penawar-cahaya direction, the jam starts on the bridge itself, all the way until Kong Kong area. Might as well take the Kota Tinggi road...

Maybe once they start charging toll and less people use the road, the traffic might be better, but for me, i wouldn't pay to drive on a single carriageway, might just take the old roads. my parents also agree they'd rather take the old road, got more "activities" along the way.

u mean the stretch on the bridge is a one lane road on each side? and jams are happening in both direction??
User of 205 / 205W

mh1426

Postby mh1426 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Funny right? But that's the truth. It was designed as a single carriageway both sides from Cahaya Baru to Penawar intersection. The provision for the second lane is already prepared for, waiting for the right trafic volume of course. :). The highway operator are more hopeful on the traffic from Senai and Pasir Gudang sides, I reckon.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

mh1426 wrote:Funny right? But that's the truth. It was designed as a single carriageway both sides from Cahaya Baru to Penawar intersection. The provision for the second lane is already prepared for, waiting for the right trafic volume of course. :). The highway operator are more hopeful on the traffic from Senai and Pasir Gudang sides, I reckon.

could be, maybe when traffic build up, then they open 2nd lane, like the recent checkpoint jams also :prayer:
User of 205 / 205W

cyktai001

Postby cyktai001 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 am

no, the bridge is dual carriageway. but from the Kong Kong area onwards, Pulau Juling inclusive, right up to the bridge is single lane. then bridge dual lane. after bridge become single lane again all the way to desaru. it was enjoyable driving from Ulu Tiram to Kong Kong. but thats about it...

i reckon since i can drive all the way from JB to Ulu Tiram, i might as well take Kota Tinggi Road and bypass the single lane Cahaya-Penawar section altogether WHEN they start charging us... even now, return trip RM9.40, also quite pissed off due to the single lane thing...

i think the jams at the toll is a result of stupid design of the toll area. as for the jam when i was heading back, mainly from bridge to pulau juling to kong kong, its because everyone need to merge from 2 lanes on bridge into a single lane, then most pple dun give way. and when there's a single hogger on the single lane road, everyone gotta slow down

Return to “Holiday & Travel”