My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project

Free Galactio, Garmin, iGO Primo, Papago and Polnav map for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia and Thailand
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Forum rules


1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 23
Mike_C wrote:
Hi,

I just received an email informing that the E22 is fully opened on 10 June 2011.


See attached:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 

Support Our Sponsor

Support Our Sponsor
 

 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 pm 
Offline
Valued Contributor

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:48 am
Posts: 617
Location: JB
Confirmed the highway is open ...... and tracked for MFM.
Attachment:
Desaru 3.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:46 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Posts: 3428
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3
simseair wrote:
Confirmed the highway is open ...... and tracked for MFM.
Attachment:
Desaru 3.jpg



=D> :thumbsup: Great News :thumbsup: =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Posts: 930
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W
Great! A faster route to Desaru!!

_________________
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, once a while on GarminXT(on Nokia 5800)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:46 pm 
Offline
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 5441
Good news . :thumbsup:
:rox:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 3
hi guys, just got back from Sg Rengit via E22. i am quite disappointed overall with the Cahaya-Penawar section, its single lane, and the surface is bumpy, which makes it no difference from the old Kota road in terms of travelling speed... whats more, due to the free toll, there are quite a lot of cars and i had to jam 2km at the penawar toll in the cahaya-penwar direction. even if u have TnG or SmarTag, still have to jam, because the single jam abruptly split into 4 lanes, 2 for cash and 1 TnG 1 SmarTag. so u have to queue behind all the cash paying cars. then in the penawar-cahaya direction, the jam starts on the bridge itself, all the way until Kong Kong area. Might as well take the Kota Tinggi road...

Maybe once they start charging toll and less people use the road, the traffic might be better, but for me, i wouldn't pay to drive on a single carriageway, might just take the old roads. my parents also agree they'd rather take the old road, got more "activities" along the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Posts: 930
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W
cyktai001 wrote:
hi guys, just got back from Sg Rengit via E22. i am quite disappointed overall with the Cahaya-Penawar section, its single lane, and the surface is bumpy, which makes it no difference from the old Kota road in terms of travelling speed... whats more, due to the free toll, there are quite a lot of cars and i had to jam 2km at the penawar toll in the cahaya-penwar direction. even if u have TnG or SmarTag, still have to jam, because the single jam abruptly split into 4 lanes, 2 for cash and 1 TnG 1 SmarTag. so u have to queue behind all the cash paying cars. then in the penawar-cahaya direction, the jam starts on the bridge itself, all the way until Kong Kong area. Might as well take the Kota Tinggi road...

Maybe once they start charging toll and less people use the road, the traffic might be better, but for me, i wouldn't pay to drive on a single carriageway, might just take the old roads. my parents also agree they'd rather take the old road, got more "activities" along the way.



u mean the stretch on the bridge is a one lane road on each side? and jams are happening in both direction??

_________________
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, once a while on GarminXT(on Nokia 5800)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 54
Funny right? But that's the truth. It was designed as a single carriageway both sides from Cahaya Baru to Penawar intersection. The provision for the second lane is already prepared for, waiting for the right trafic volume of course. :). The highway operator are more hopeful on the traffic from Senai and Pasir Gudang sides, I reckon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Posts: 930
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W
mh1426 wrote:
Funny right? But that's the truth. It was designed as a single carriageway both sides from Cahaya Baru to Penawar intersection. The provision for the second lane is already prepared for, waiting for the right trafic volume of course. :). The highway operator are more hopeful on the traffic from Senai and Pasir Gudang sides, I reckon.



could be, maybe when traffic build up, then they open 2nd lane, like the recent checkpoint jams also :prayer:

_________________
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, once a while on GarminXT(on Nokia 5800)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Senai-Desaru Expressway
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 3
no, the bridge is dual carriageway. but from the Kong Kong area onwards, Pulau Juling inclusive, right up to the bridge is single lane. then bridge dual lane. after bridge become single lane again all the way to desaru. it was enjoyable driving from Ulu Tiram to Kong Kong. but thats about it...

i reckon since i can drive all the way from JB to Ulu Tiram, i might as well take Kota Tinggi Road and bypass the single lane Cahaya-Penawar section altogether WHEN they start charging us... even now, return trip RM9.40, also quite pissed off due to the single lane thing...

i think the jams at the toll is a result of stupid design of the toll area. as for the jam when i was heading back, mainly from bridge to pulau juling to kong kong, its because everyone need to merge from 2 lanes on bridge into a single lane, then most pple dun give way. and when there's a single hogger on the single lane road, everyone gotta slow down


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group