Trip to Australia

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
aqeef07

Trip to Australia

Postby aqeef07 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi,

Sorry for raising a new thread. My boss is planning for a road trip/tour in Australia. He asked me to look for an Australian map for his Garmin Nuvi. Any idea where I can find the map ? Preferably a fee map, if not, something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :mrgreen:

Thank you for the information :prayer:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Trip to Australia

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 pm

aqeef07 wrote:Hi,

Sorry for raising a new thread. My boss is planning for a road trip/tour in Australia. He asked me to look for an Australian map for his Garmin Nuvi. Any idea where I can find the map ? Preferably a fee map, if not, something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :mrgreen:

Thank you for the information :prayer:

Below are your choices :

Tracks4Australia offers a freeware alternative to commercial maps http://www.gpsoz.com.au/tracks4australia/
This covers only major cities. :-'

You can buy from Garmin direct, Australia + NewZealand ( USD150 ) https://buy.garmin.com/shop/buymaps.do? ... =1450&pId=
You can buy from their distributor / resellers in Singapore / Malaysia

If you are in Singapore, you can rent the map from their distributor www.navicomtechnology.com/

If you are driving, just specify to rental company that you want one that comes with a GPS.

aqeef07

Postby aqeef07 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi Silverbeauty,

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I also called up our local Garmin distributor in Cheras. They are charging RM300 for the map which comes in an SD card. Quite expensive if you ask me :-k

aqeef07

Postby aqeef07 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Silverbeauty,

I have downloaded the Track4Australia map and transferred all the files into my GPS (under Garmin folder). But how come I am not able to view the map. When I go to the Map info menu, no such map exists.

Peninglah :ko:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

What model of Garmin GPS are you using? For the older models you have to name the map file to Gmapsupp.img, Gmapsupp2.img, Gmapoem.img or Gmapprom.img and place them inside the Garmin folder. For newer models you have to place it inside the Maps folder but you can use any filename with .img extension.... hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Mike01

Postby Mike01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Australia is the best place to visit. It has got some really beautiful beaches and landscapes.If your are looking for a map then it is better to search in the internet and find one, or else you can also contact the people who deal with providing facilities for tours and travel.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”