[HELP] Avoiding Karak Highway from K.Terengganu to Putrajaya

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
matrixgl

[HELP] Avoiding Karak Highway from K.Terengganu to Putrajaya

Postby matrixgl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 am

Hi all, i need advise how to avoid Karak Highway, if i start travel from K.Terengganu to Putrajaya? i'm try not to use high altitude road such as Karak Highway... my car gearbox is not in very good shape now...

please assist me to pick shortest possible route...

thank you in advance....

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: [HELP] Avoiding Karak Highway from K.Terengganu to Putra

Postby alharis299 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 am

matrixgl wrote:Hi all, i need advise how to avoid Karak Highway, if i start travel from K.Terengganu to Putrajaya? i'm try not to use high altitude road such as Karak Highway... my car gearbox is not in very good shape now...

please assist me to pick shortest possible route...

thank you in advance....

Try to use Shortest Distance & Tollway Avoidance

Hope this helps

:peace:

:rox:

matrixgl

Postby matrixgl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 am

alharis299 wrote:
Try to use Shortest Distance & Tollway Avoidance

Hope this helps

:peace:

:rox:

thanks for advice....

btw i'm trying to find alternative road to avoid Karak Highway, or any other road which have same characteristics (lot of bend & hi-low altitude)..

my papago don't have "custom avoidance" such as garmin...

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:24 am

There's little alternative for a East-West travel... you need to cross the Titiwangsa Range. It'll take you almost twice as long if you travel via Mersing - Pagoh. The other route via Muadzam - Kuala Pilah is nearer but it is winding/hilly too. Maybe, the best route is to use the 'old' Federal Road (before the East-West Highway) with less gradient but.... banyak lori balak.

If you have Mapsource on your PC, install the West Malaysia Topo map too. You can plan your journey that way.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

matrixgl

Postby matrixgl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:37 pm

zamad wrote:There's little alternative for a East-West travel... you need to cross the Titiwangsa Range. It'll take you almost twice as long if you travel via Mersing - Pagoh. The other route via Muadzam - Kuala Pilah is nearer but it is winding/hilly too. Maybe, the best route is to use the 'old' Federal Road (before the East-West Highway) with less gradient but.... banyak lori balak.

If you have Mapsource on your PC, install the West Malaysia Topo map too. You can plan your journey that way.

how about kuala pilah - seremban route...? rough terrain also...?

albertteh

Postby albertteh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:49 pm

matrixgl wrote:
zamad wrote:There's little alternative for a East-West travel... you need to cross the Titiwangsa Range. It'll take you almost twice as long if you travel via Mersing - Pagoh. The other route via Muadzam - Kuala Pilah is nearer but it is winding/hilly too. Maybe, the best route is to use the 'old' Federal Road (before the East-West Highway) with less gradient but.... banyak lori balak.

how about kuala pilah - seremban route...? rough terrain also...?

Properly that was the best choices, if you wish to avoid the dangerous karak highway route. Dont take the Pekan route to kuala pilah, take the Temerloh route instead. After you ve reach senanwan intersection, you can take the Lekas highway on your right. After you ve pass the Kajang exit for about 3 to 5km, than turn left to Silk highway. From there it wil take you all the way to Putrajaya after passing Serdang Hospital. Drive safely. Gluck

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:20 pm

albertteh wrote:Properly that was the best choices, if you wish to avoid the dangerous karak highway route. Dont take the Pekan route to kuala pilah, take the Temerloh route instead. After you ve reach senanwan intersection, you can take the Lekas highway on your right. After you ve pass the Kajang exit for about 3 to 5km, than turn left to Silk highway. From there it wil take you all the way to Putrajaya after passing Serdang Hospital. Drive safely. Gluck
Map Route.... 524km.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

albertteh

Postby albertteh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:14 pm

zamad wrote:
albertteh wrote:Properly that was the best choices, if you wish to avoid the dangerous karak highway route. Dont take the Pekan route to kuala pilah, take the Temerloh route instead. After you ve reach senanwan intersection, you can take the Lekas highway on your right. After you ve pass the Kajang exit for about 3 to 5km, than turn left to Silk highway. From there it wil take you all the way to Putrajaya after passing Serdang Hospital. Drive safely. Gluck
Map Route.... 524km.

From my calculation with a manual map. The distances was only 462km. I never ve trust the gps. Cos i ve travel thru out malaysia n i dont need a gps navigation. Gps was just a hobby when i was travelling

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:39 pm

albertteh wrote:
zamad wrote:
Map Route.... 524km.

From my calculation with a manual map. The distances was only 462km. I never ve trust the gps. Cos i ve travel thru out malaysia n i dont need a gps navigation. Gps was just a hobby when i was travelling

Wau... 62km difference
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

albertteh

Postby albertteh » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm

zamad wrote:
Map Route.... 524km.

Bro Zamad, how did you got that route? What map are you using? Thou Mfm havent upgrade the second pharse of Lekas highway yet

Return to “Holiday & Travel”