Planning a trip to cambodia- angkor wat

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
vash_h

Planning a trip to cambodia- angkor wat

Postby vash_h » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

hey guys..

i am planning a surprise trip for me & my gf, this year end to Cambodia, to visit tonle sap & angkor wat.

travel date: 2nd dec to 5th dec..

i would like to seek some advice.

anyone here knows where any good tour agency? if possible, i want to join a tour group.. get to know people rather than back packing..

if really no choice, then bag packing.

anyone went to cambodia care to share some tips and travel agents?

thanks in advance :)
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Re: Planning a trip to cambodia- angkor wat

Postby FrancisTLim » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 am

vash_h wrote:anyone here knows where any good tour agency? if possible, i want to join a tour group.. get to know people rather than back packing..

Angkor Wat area is very well known & very well visited by international people, so if you do a search for recommendations on the web, you can read through the opinions and weigh which hostel or agency or driver is best for you. Many many options.

Last time I went, I did research on the web, and decided to start by choosing a hostel. The hostel can usually provide transport to and from the airport. That makes it very much easier when you arrive at a strange place. Once you are at the hostel, you can ask the hostel to recommend a driver, or you can do research on the web to find the contact of a recommended driver.

Usually, the driver is also your tour guide. You can tell him what you want to include. Angkor Wat has a few areas. Some people prefer to only do the main area around Angkor Wat. I opted to do all the areas include the Rolous Group area. He can also take you to Tonle Sap and get a boat at the jetty once you reach there.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”