Malaysia Vipassana Centre

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silvermax

Malaysia Vipassana Centre

Postby silvermax » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi,
Anyone has the coordinate for Vipassana Center?
Below is the full address, appreciate any brother can help to provide the coordinate. thanks
Malaysia Vipassana Meditation Society - Dhamma Malaya
(Opposite University Malaysia Pahang) Gambang Plantation, Lebuhraya MEC, Gambang, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
City Office/Postal Address: No. 30A, Jalan SM12, Taman Sri Manja,
Off Jalan Klang Lama, Batu 6 1/2,
46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

fyh

Re: Malaysia Vipassana Centre

Postby fyh » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:31 pm

base on your given address
should be at N3 04.461 E101 38.697

silvermax

Postby silvermax » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

fyh wrote:base on your given address

Thanks for your fast respond.

Can anyone advise me if I will to take transport from Singapore where should I drop or where should i change from Kuantan. Appreciate any advise.
Thanks in Advance.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

silvermax wrote:
fyh wrote:base on your given address

Thanks for your fast respond.

Can anyone advise me if I will to take transport from Singapore where should I drop or where should i change from Kuantan. Appreciate any advise.
Thanks in Advance.

Public Transport to Dhamma Malaya
Link : http://www.malaya.dhamma.org/en/flight.shtml

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 pm

If you are travelling from KL to Kuantan by bus - it is along the public bus route. Just drop off at the Uni after the bus exit the Gambang toll. I will not be able to advice you if you are taking direct from Sg. what I know (prevously) it takes the coastal route and yu go straight into Ktn town. Being a uni location, there should be public bus that will go there.

Are you going for your rain retreat?

silvermax

Postby silvermax » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks for all the help and advise.
Actually I am helping a friend to ask, he is planning to go a retreat.

leesaipo

Postby leesaipo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:56 am

I do not use GPS device so i don't have the coordinate. However, you can locate University Malaysia Pahang with the GPS. Once you are there, you can see a newly built overhead pedestrian bridge(opb) . If you are travelling from the Highway adn exit from the Gambang toll you will reach the opb first. Once you see this opb keep right to make a u turn 400m form the bridge. After making the u-turn keep left and drive ard 800m to reach the junction to turn in. once turn in just drive a head till u see a bridge, cross the bridge u'll come up to a guardhouse. Pass the guardhouse you will be on a interlocking paving road, just follow the paving road ( signs are there at major turn) will lead you the the centre.

silvermax

Postby silvermax » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:25 am

leesaipo wrote:I do not use GPS device so i don't have the coordinate. However, you can locate University Malaysia Pahang with the GPS. Once you are there, you can see a newly built overhead pedestrian bridge(opb) . If you are travelling from the Highway adn exit from the Gambang toll you will reach the opb first. Once you see this opb keep right to make a u turn 400m form the bridge. After making the u-turn keep left and drive ard 800m to reach the junction to turn in. once turn in just drive a head till u see a bridge, cross the bridge u'll come up to a guardhouse. Pass the guardhouse you will be on a interlocking paving road, just follow the paving road ( signs are there at major turn) will lead you the the centre.

Thanks Bro, that's a very clear instruction.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”