places to visit in medan and toba lake

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
bdcyl

places to visit in medan and toba lake

Postby bdcyl » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm

i will have my family holiday (10 adults + 2 kids) this coming november, we will go to medan wit a plan to visit lake toba also... but now i dono how to start my journey...

my flight will reach medan around 2pm... so i plan directly drive to lake toba and hav a night there so the next morning can visit around lake toba... i plan to stay in an apartment or homestay that near to lake toba so is easy for us the next morning to visit around...
any suggestion where to stay in lake toba there and where are the places i should visit the next morning?

after a night in toba, we plan to back to medan and stay there, so on the way back to medan is there a place worth for us to stay one night ? or directly back to medan, and where to stay in medan?also plan to stay in an apartment or homestay, and of cos near near to medan town so easy for us to go around the next day...

we will be there from 22nov till 25nov...
can anybody share ur experience wit me and suggestion trip plan... 10q...

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Re: places to visit in medan and toba lake

Postby FrancisTLim » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:11 pm

bdcyl wrote:i will have my family holiday (10 adults + 2 kids) this coming november, we will go to medan wit a plan to visit lake toba also... but now i dono how to start my journey...

my flight will reach medan around 2pm... so i plan directly drive to lake toba and hav a night there so the next morning can visit around lake toba... i plan to stay in an apartment or homestay that near to lake toba so is easy for us the next morning to visit around...
any suggestion where to stay in lake toba there and where are the places i should visit the next morning?

after a night in toba, we plan to back to medan and stay there, so on the way back to medan is there a place worth for us to stay one night ? or directly back to medan, and where to stay in medan?also plan to stay in an apartment or homestay, and of cos near near to medan town so easy for us to go around the next day...

we will be there from 22nov till 25nov...
can anybody share ur experience wit me and suggestion trip plan... 10q...

Medan is a normal town. Big town with small town feeling. I think you can stay at one of the resorts in Samosir Island which is in the middle of Lake Toba. Then you can visit the historical sites in the island itself. Remember that Lake Toba and the island is quite high up in the mountain, so it is slightly cooling (ie. not as hot as at sea level).

On the way back, you can also stay one night at Brastagi. It is a hill resort. When I stayed there, there it was cooling and slightly misty. Nice feeling.

I think that area is quite well documented on the web, so maybe you can do some research on the web for up-to-date info.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

wblee

Postby wblee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:19 am

U may stay in Samosir island if u able to make it on the same day. Not sure the last boat is around 5-6pm. Else u can stay in Parapat town.
There are a lot to resort on the island and near to lake side. no much worry on the accomodation there.

also recommand you stay in Berastagi town rather than Medan. the place is just like Cameron. a relaxing place.
it's ~1400m asl.

Loke Toba area is about 800m asl.

bdcyl

Postby bdcyl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:29 pm

if stay in parapat, then the next morning wana enter lake toba, from which way we should enter ? by using road or the car can enter by ferry like penang?

wblee

Postby wblee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:21 pm

bdcyl wrote:if stay in parapat, then the next morning wana enter lake toba, from which way we should enter ? by using road or the car can enter by ferry like penang?

Parapat also is the place where you can take boat to the island. Cars are unable to be transported by the boat here.

I didn't go by car. but i saw there is road that can go to island from map and it need to go longer way. may be you can check Googles map or Navigasi map :P
and road condition is unknown.

For driving, you probably can have alternate plan. first go Berastagi, then to Samosir Island.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for info. :good:

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “Holiday & Travel”