Cameron Highlands Q&A

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kwokwah10

Re: Cameron Highlands Q&A

Postby kwokwah10 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:47 am

sky90 wrote:One day Dec2011, Drove KL-Fransers Hill-Raub-Cameron Highlands via the newish road. Nice drive, good roads all the way. Follow GPS (of course la) bcos there's an intersection where one hv to turn left, but without signboard. IIRC, reached Tanah Rata.

Dont forget Ratha's curry fish head in Raub. Nice lamb chops too \:D/

Planning to drive up Cameron Highlands from KL this June 2012 school holidays. I want to try it to avoid the possible school holidays highway jam which is likely to happen. Any comparison with the Simpang Pulai route for those who have tried both?
Nuvi 760 User

cyberian

Postby cyberian » Sat May 26, 2012 7:35 am

kwokwah10 wrote:
Planning to drive up Cameron Highlands from KL this June 2012 school holidays. I want to try it to avoid the possible school holidays highway jam which is likely to happen. Any comparison with the Simpang Pulai route for those who have tried both?

I'm driving up this jun too, 18 jun, with 2 more cars using Simpang Pulai. Tapa too adventurous for me :-' . for a more scenic view on the way up, Tapa is a good choice. Simpang Pulai route for safety.
My GPS - Garmin 255W, Holux 6210+, Garmin 2565LM

kwokwah10

Postby kwokwah10 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 am

I'm driving up this jun too, 18 jun, with 2 more cars using Simpang Pulai. Tapa too adventurous for me :-' . for a more scenic view on the way up, Tapa is a good choice. Simpang Pulai route for safety.

I am more interested in the "KL-Fransers Hill-Raub-Cameron Highlands" which opened in 2011. Not many have travelled this route but may be a better option from KL.
Nuvi 760 User

cyberian

Postby cyberian » Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 am

kwokwah10 wrote:
I am more interested in the "KL-Fransers Hill-Raub-Cameron Highlands" which opened in 2011. Not many have travelled this route but may be a better option from KL.

Is a long distant. If you are not in a hurry, then it could be interesting. :mrgreen:

kwokwah10

Postby kwokwah10 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 am

Is a long distant. If you are not in a hurry, then it could be interesting.

Came back from Cameron Highlands using the Bentong-Raub-Sg Koyan-Cameron Highlands route. It was such a breeze. I took 3 hours from Puchong to reach Ringlet - 1hr from Puchong to Bentong, 1 hr from Bentong to Sg Koyan, 1 hr from Sg Koyan to Ringlet. Total distance 1 way is about 240 km. Very wide dual lane carriage way (2 way) from Sg Koyan to Cameron Highlands. I noticed only "Balak" lorries use them a lot but not on Sunday. Road from Raub to Sg Koyan is a bit narrow as it passes through many Felda estates. No one from KL seems aware of this new route but Bentong folks are familiar with it. I'll definitely use it the next time because it's much safer , less winding, less steep and very low traffic.
Nuvi 760 User

cyberian

Postby cyberian » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 am

kwokwah10 wrote:

Came back from Cameron Highlands using the Bentong-Raub-Sg Koyan-Cameron Highlands route. It was such a breeze. I took 3 hours from Puchong to reach Ringlet - 1hr from Puchong to Bentong, 1 hr from Bentong to Sg Koyan, 1 hr from Sg Koyan to Ringlet. Total distance 1 way is about 240 km. Very wide dual lane carriage way (2 way) from Sg Koyan to Cameron Highlands. I noticed only "Balak" lorries use them a lot but not on Sunday. Road from Raub to Sg Koyan is a bit narrow as it passes through many Felda estates. No one from KL seems aware of this new route but Bentong folks are familiar with it. I'll definitely use it the next time because it's much safer , less winding, less steep and very low traffic.

Do you have the trip log to share? I'm driving to Cameron on this coming monday.

kwokwah10

Postby kwokwah10 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am

cyberian wrote:
kwokwah10 wrote:

Do you have the trip log to share? I'm driving to Cameron on this coming monday.

Sorry didn't log my trip. But beware of many cell phone blind spots from Sg Koyan to Cameron Highlands. Last petrol station is Mobil at Sg Koyan which does not accept credit cards.
Nuvi 760 User

cyberian

Postby cyberian » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 am

kwokwah10 wrote:
cyberian wrote:

Sorry didn't log my trip. But beware of many cell phone blind spots from Sg Koyan to Cameron Highlands. Last petrol station is Mobil at Sg Koyan which does not accept credit cards.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

clax

Postby clax » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Would like to share here that I just went on the 19th June via simpang pulai route.Its safer although its extra about 40km.There's some road quite steep up that my car cant catch up, so I turn off the air cond switch.There's a few stretch of road where you get to overtake with two lanes [-o<
Everything was great.. following my i ternary.Its a 2 day 1 night trip.Here's summary of place I visited
-avant choco factory,Raju's Hill,Bee farm,
-Sg Palas tea centre,Time tunnel,Kea farm,Misc strawberry farm
-Cameron valley tea,butterfly farm/garden
-Sam poh temple,Mardi Agro,moonlight bungalow
-Rose centre,cactus valley/point

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

While going down through Tapah,its a lil winding,these really test out lotus ride& handling. :) on down hill I just use gear 3&4 taking curves with minimal brake.

nnthoo

Postby nnthoo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:26 am

I went there on 13Jun2012. I stayed at the Heritage. I went up by Simpang Pulai and came down by Tapah. Each way took about 1 hour.

There was a blackout that night from about 10pm to 12am. The whole mountain is dark, except the hotel emergency lights.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”