Cameron Highlands Q&A

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
roltancc

Re: Queries on Cameron Highlands

Postby roltancc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Redstorm wrote:I recently drove all the way up to Cameron Highland from Sg. Stayed at Century Pines Hotel at Tanah Rata. Very nice, clean and spacious room with a balcony. Many F&B outlets within walking distance such as Mary Brown, Coffee Bean, Mayflower Steamboat, etc. No water issue. You get water from the tap 24/7. :mrgreen:

Bro, how long is the drive from SG to Cameron Highland? I always wanna do that but my OC thinks it is too far to drive there :lol: :lol:

The road up there is one way ? or there is timing for the ups and the downs?

cheers!

twinki

Re: Cameron Highlands Q&A

Postby twinki » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:46 pm

I will be travelling from JB to Sitiawan next month for a wedding. Plan to turn off at Bidor and head towards Lumut from there. Family wants to go to Cameron Highlands since we are already up north.
Grateful if any Perak residents can advise on the best route from Sitiawan to Tapah.
Quite confusing looking at the map.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm

twinki wrote:I will be travelling from JB to Sitiawan next month for a wedding. Plan to turn off at Bidor and head towards Lumut from there. Family wants to go to Cameron Highlands since we are already up north.
Grateful if any Perak residents can advise on the best route from Sitiawan to Tapah.
Quite confusing looking at the map.
There are 2 routes to go to Cameron HIghlands from Sitiawan and distance is not a good indicator as both routes are about the same in distance:
Sitiawan to Brinchang.jpg

The green route is via Simpang Pulai and is 152KM while the magenta route is via Tapah and the old Route 59 and is 165 Km. If your destination is Tanah Rata instead of Brinchang, then the distances via both routes will almost be identical.

However, distance does not indicate the road conditions. The Tapah way is winding and slow - maybe more than 1 hour slower.

Unless you wish to:

1. Test your driving skills
2. Test your family's tolerance to car-sickness
3. Don't mind to spend maybe more than an hour extra on the road

You are best advised to route via Simpang Pulai.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 pm

The easier route from Sitiawan to Cameron Highland is

Sitiawan>Batu Gajah>Simpang Pulai>Cameron Highland (using the new road). Just use Mapsource to route from Sitiawan to Brinchang and you'll see the above route. I prefer this route as the way up is less winding and the road is much wider. You may want to use the Tapah way down to head towards Singapore (beware of trucks).

Hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 am

moeyhc wrote:The easier route from Sitiawan to Cameron Highland is

Sitiawan>Batu Gajah>Simpang Pulai>Cameron Highland (using the new road). Just use Mapsource to route from Sitiawan to Brinchang and you'll see the above route. I prefer this route as the way up is less winding and the road is much wider. You may want to use the Tapah way down to head towards Singapore (beware of trucks).

Hope this helps.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup: . Recently, On my way to KL from Alor Setar, I decided to spend a few nights in Cameron Highlands. From Alor Setar to Cameron, I followed Garmin which took me through Simpang Pulai. However on my way back to KL, I took the Tapah road. Only to find out that not to go through that road ever again. :cry:

twinki

Postby twinki » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Wow You guys are really helpful and so fast in your replies.
Many thanks JasonLee and moeyhc. Jason, the map was especially helpful.

Guess I will head towards Batu Gajah and Simpang Pulai and try the Tapah road on my way home. Don't fancy heading northwards again then go south.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

twinki wrote:Wow You guys are really helpful and so fast in your replies.
Many thanks JasonLee and moeyhc. Jason, the map was especially helpful.

Guess I will head towards Batu Gajah and Simpang Pulai and try the Tapah road on my way home. Don't fancy heading northwards again then go south.

You are most :welcome:

After you have tried both routes, please let us know what your experience/evaluation is.
Lean not on your own understanding

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Hotel and What must eat or Must visit at Cameron Highlands

Postby fancheng » Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello guys,

Coming School Holiday, I thinking visit Cameron Highlands for 3 days 2 night. I have't been there before. :oops:

May you recommend me, a good hotel to stay, what food must eat and where must visit. :thumbsup:

Thank You very much. :prayer:
fancheng

9W2CBL
Polygon Mapper

Re: Hotel and What must eat or Must visit at Cameron Highla

Postby 9W2CBL » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 pm

There are number of good places to stay.. my 1st choice is Equatorial Hotel, Country Lodge is at Brinchang town just behind bomba. Walking distance to brinchang town.

Pasar Malam is at Friday and Saturday night at brinchang town.

The only famous there is Steamboat!

Visit this - http://cameronhighlands.com
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius
The avatar is design by Bro. Sulphur - Thanks!
Owned - nuvi200 (US Version), nuvi255W (TWN -> SGMY -> US -> TWN), Last MobileXT V5.00.60

mh1426

Re: Hotel and What must eat or Must visit at Cameron Highla

Postby mh1426 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Daily pasar malam at Brinchang during the school holiday, if not mistaken =P~

Return to “Holiday & Travel”