Cameron Highlands Q&A

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
LEHMAN

Re: Queries on Cameron Highlands

Postby LEHMAN » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 am

1.Been there many time never come across or heard water problem.
2.Good choice for holiday..but remember! 'SAFETY FIRTS' upon driving up to cameron highland 'DO NOT OVERTAKE' other vehicles unless necessary.when overtake do it with care. approaching bends/blind spots..horn your car.unwind your window and off the aircon and enjoy the cool breeze.
3.been staying at starwberry park resort.you may park your car right at your doorstep.nice,spacious and comfy(cause of the cool atmophere..he he he)
4.you may buy a map of cameron highland at tanah rata for you to move about.
5.have a safe trip. bon voyage :peace:

divemuster
Contributor

Postby divemuster » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 am

joeyao wrote:1. There is apparently some issues concerning the water supply in Cameron Highlands. Is this true and if so any updates?

There were some water supply issues in the past when the dams silted up due to wanton over-development & land-clearing in the higher regions. Most of the water shortage affected the farmland over at the blue-valley & Kg. Raja but there were a few times when it spilled over to Brinchang & Tanah Rata. The major hotels had sufficient water stored so it did not affect their guests but residents taps ran dry during the peak holiday season.

In the recent 2 years, no news of the same happening.
To Air is Human, To Nitrox Divine!!

stimix

~

Postby stimix » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Just share abit of my adventure on my recent trip to Cameron Highland, I hv posted abit of photos here: viewtopic.php?p=43409#p43409 but that one is more on ttracklogs contribution. :oops:

Well we stayed at Rosa Pasadena...Very Clean, reasonable sized room wth small bathroom but not recommended because the back portion facing Shell Station & also main road..pretty noisy during day & nite ](*,)

This time round I decided to Hunt for refflesia flower which I hv researched b4 the journey via Naim's friend website http://rafflesia-in-bloom.blogspot.com & also http://www.cameronsecrets.com/Articles/ ... esia-Tour/ (My agent..although I booked from another guy :oops: )

It cost me RM60/pax (Children RM30) for 1/2 day tour. For the full day tour (RM88), they will pick-u up from respective hotels ( I think -din chk wth them) The1/2 day tour starting/pick-up point was at the Kea Farm 1st Butterfly farm which is just ~200m further from Equatorial.

The full day journey started from Tanah Rata at 8:30am but they picked me at 9:30am due to the jam at Brinchang & Kea far (Holiday season now!)

I took us 45 min before reaching Lojing's Teminag ornag asli village at Gua Musang (~25km from the Pahang/Kelantan Border)

The starting point of the off road is 200M away from the orang asli kampung, therafter the road condition is so bad...roller coaster and on few occasions, we almost stucked in the mud!
cameron logging road.jpg

After ~2.3km roller coaster off road, we arrived at the end of the road & thereafter another 2.2km hike passing thru bamboo forest, few river crossings & 2 waterfalls (One wth natural swimming pool but small fall & one big rocky fall..impressive actually but no pool & less water.) before reaching the refflesia site..
cameron rock fall.jpg

cameron river crossing.jpg

Here's the photos of the largest refflesia species in Pen Malaysia & the 3rd largest of this species in the world...The one I saw was actually the size of my daughter as you can see here:
cameron refflesia compare.jpg

cameron refflesia kerrii.jpg

Going down the hill was not easy...I fell down here..Crocs sandal not really good for tracking although water proof:
Cameron decending refflesia hill.jpg

Out of 16ppl in 2 land rovers, only 3 Malaysian (My family-lah) & another Chinese looking couple (Probably Singaporean), others..all Mat Salleh! According to Francis (Our driver & guide wth super fluent English..making my england damn shameful), only ~2-5% of the refflesia tours are Malaysian...haizz...why Malaysian so scare masuk hutan

Another place of Interest that I missed in my past CH trip is the Time Tunnel Museum...For RM5...I think it is good to learn more & see more of old Cameron Highland photos during the 30', 40', 50' till current...Very interesting museum actually although from outside it does not look tempting...Atleast I have seeing the 1st Eastern Hotel before demolished for Century Pine, Seeing the really old brinchang town way back in 1950 n& even Tanah Rata in 1930...interesting...lotsa 1960/1970' exhibits as well....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
ImageImage

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 am

why use mspaint to black out face, use la fotoshop have sum class abit

skylai
Valued Contributor

Postby skylai » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 pm

:thumbsup: 090606 in cameron
Ticket RM4.00/person
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Android 把nokia symbian 手机改朝换代了…

HAT

Postby HAT » Tue May 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Redstorm wrote:I recently drove all the way up to Cameron Highland from Sg. Stayed at Century Pines Hotel at Tanah Rata. Very nice, clean and spacious room with a balcony. Many F&B outlets within walking distance such as Mary Brown, Coffee Bean, Mayflower Steamboat, etc. No water issue. You get water from the tap 24/7. :mrgreen:

hi Redstorm:

Can you elaborate in more detail on how you get to Cameron Highlands by using North South from SG :)
Are you using the Simpang Pulai exit or Tapah?

naim

Re: Cameron Highlands Q&A

Postby naim » Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm

HAT wrote:hi Redstorm:

Can you elaborate in more detail on how you get to Cameron Highlands by using North South from SG :)

I'd recommend Simpang Pulai. Via Tapah you'd have to use the old narrow winding road which is not only dangerous (traffic, tree falls, landslips), but could make ppl puke as well. :)
Pls see my travelogues at http://naim.my - THANKS!

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 am

naim wrote:

I'd recommend Simpang Pulai. Via Tapah you'd have to use the old narrow winding road which is not only dangerous (traffic, tree falls, landslips), but could make ppl puke as well. :)

Yeah, I'd recommend you take the Simpang Pulai route as well. Beats the Tapah route hands down, unless you enjoy tight turns. :mrgreen:

HAT

Postby HAT » Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 am

wwloon wrote:
naim wrote:

Yeah, I'd recommend you take the Simpang Pulai route as well. Beats the Tapah route hands down, unless you enjoy tight turns. :mrgreen:

Thanks all, how about the north south? should be all the way from JB, anything I shall take note, if travel all the way from SG using North South?

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Wed May 12, 2010 9:44 am

wwloon wrote:
naim wrote:

I am regular of CH, take the Simpang Pulai route going up and take the Tapah route going down. It is enjoyable.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”