My Trip to Penang and Ipoh June 2009

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
keanhoe
Contributor
Location: Alor Setar / Pokok Sena, Kedah (nuvi 765 SG/MY, Papago M9 for Android)

Re: Trip to Penang

Postby keanhoe » Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm

aikliang wrote:Bro edgarchen, I am going down to Penang for annual pilgramage for Feast of St Anne at Bukit Mertajam. Do you have the co-ordiantes for the 3 places? I already have the one for Ghee Hiang. Want to try the others as alsways being buying Ghee Hiang.

Him Heang N5 25.443 E100 19.279 Jalan Burma. Before reaching Him Heang, you can look out for a small Ghee Hiang window kiosk outlet on the right hand side of the road. Fairly a new outlet this one. This kiosk closes at 7pm.

Soon Hiang Tambun Biscuit N5 24.682 E100 19.460 Jalan Kuantan
mfm - on the way to being the best community mapping project.

aikliang
Contributor

Re: Trip to Penang

Postby aikliang » Mon May 24, 2010 4:40 pm

keanhoe wrote:
aikliang wrote:Bro edgarchen, I am going down to Penang for annual pilgramage for Feast of St Anne at Bukit Mertajam. Do you have the co-ordiantes for the 3 places? I already have the one for Ghee Hiang. Want to try the others as alsways being buying Ghee Hiang.

Him Heang N5 25.443 E100 19.279 Jalan Burma. Before reaching Him Heang, you can look out for a small Ghee Hiang window kiosk outlet on the right hand side of the road. Fairly a new outlet this one. This kiosk closes at 7pm.

Soon Hiang Tambun Biscuit N5 24.682 E100 19.460 Jalan Kuantan

bro keanhoe :tq: Just discovered that the shops are already in the maps.. :oops: :oops: when I was keying in the co-ordinates in mapsource
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

keanhoe
Contributor
Location: Alor Setar / Pokok Sena, Kedah (nuvi 765 SG/MY, Papago M9 for Android)

Re: My Trip to Penang and Ipoh June 2009

Postby keanhoe » Mon May 24, 2010 5:10 pm

:D Ya, they are in the maps ready. Only the Ghee Hiang kiosk not there. I found it the other day but didn't have my Nuvi with me ](*,)

There is also Loong Nam (also in the maps) where you can get roti jari, roti kapai and sesame biscuits. This one also quite an old and famous biscuit shop in Pg.
mfm - on the way to being the best community mapping project.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”