Planning for dec 2009 trip!

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
eanson

Re: Planning for dec 2009 trip!

Postby eanson » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 am

how about bukit tinggi?...i heard the hotels at there are owned by berjaya? :-k

soongps

Postby soongps » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 am

bukit tinggi..bukit tinggi...

no memory of fun there except took pic of the nice buildings there..one row of shop, nothing special.

ppls see ppls...thts the only fun there.

BUT!!!

ha...the VVIP Of the trip is before u go up bukit tinggi..

go to the bukit tinggi village instead of go up hill, turn left n u will see an gas station.

at the back of gas station, there is this one steamboat restaurant..

not eat steamboat but their many signature dishes..

such as seafood hot bowl ( wah...the prawn really `Dan Ar'... n many fresh seafood), chili fried chili ( wah very good lah), Salted Baked Fish, Special Duck that make u come back again n again, and many many foods tht u never tasted it before in main town restaurants in malaysia....dt miss it..

then....huu!!!....not enough must go up the village main town (only one street near police station), one shop tht stand out middle row selling wantan mee with Yong Tau Foo...man!!...the soap taste so sweet n natural (no ajinomoto), n the yong tau foo really used fish paste to make ( u dt get this in any shops in klang valley!!).

to be continue...hehe...my contribution in this forum as i belum dapat my gps yet... :mrgreen:

apisfires
Location: MELAKA NEGERI BERSEJARAH- ARAU PERLIS INDERA KAYANGAN (Garmin XT S60)

Postby apisfires » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:01 pm

soongps wrote:bukit tinggi..bukit tinggi...

no memory of fun there except took pic of the nice buildings there..one row of shop, nothing special.

ppls see ppls...thts the only fun there.

BUT!!!

ha...the VVIP Of the trip is before u go up bukit tinggi..

go to the bukit tinggi village instead of go up hill, turn left n u will see an gas station.

at the back of gas station, there is this one steamboat restaurant..

not eat steamboat but their many signature dishes..

such as seafood hot bowl ( wah...the prawn really `Dan Ar'... n many fresh seafood), chili fried chili ( wah very good lah), Salted Baked Fish, Special Duck that make u come back again n again, and many many foods tht u never tasted it before in main town restaurants in malaysia....dt miss it..

then....huu!!!....not enough must go up the village main town (only one street near police station), one shop tht stand out middle row selling wantan mee with Yong Tau Foo...man!!...the soap taste so sweet n natural (no ajinomoto), n the yong tau foo really used fish paste to make ( u dt get this in any shops in klang valley!!).

to be continue...hehe...my contribution in this forum as i belum dapat my gps yet... :mrgreen:

nevermean bro...
kumpul sikit2 lama2 jadi gunung!!!
usaha ya...
but u story about this place good, maybe i wanna go try it too if halal lah....
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE AAAA, WE ALL HAVE FREE MAP NOW!!!!! ITS EASY ONLY,
ALL 4 ONE ONE 4 ALL

soongps

Postby soongps » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:26 pm

bro, i think not halal lah..but up the hill in bukit tinggi guess are all halal liked pizza, etc. we did not eat there as the food well...so so..except one tht sell pizza ( when u walk into the street (only one row of street lah) on the right u will see a italy restaurant tht sell pizza, nice. walk in further u will a bakery shop on the left...tht one...very Lunsi ( Sombong !!!) :thumbsdown: , even ask for a spoon from a lady, she said, Sorry , we don't provides additional spoon!!!..but when kwai loh ask her, she politely gives to him...maybe i not so handsome!!..n the kwai loh looks liked Bat pit!!.. :(

eanson

Postby eanson » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:51 pm

actually genting oso not bad wat...but only when u r going during low peak season...or else will be pack like hell...

guys...is cameron pack too during holiday seasons? :-k

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 pm

eanson wrote:guys...is cameron pack too during holiday seasons? :-k

You guys can read my story here
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:00 am

moeyhc wrote:
sharkteef wrote:frasers hill better than cameron

What's good at Frasers Hills that's is better than Cameron Highland? Never visited Frasers... may make a trip there if H1N1 is a problem in China or Korea in Dec...

Cheers!

golf course and zero traffic

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:51 am

sharkteef wrote:
moeyhc wrote:
sharkteef wrote:frasers hill better than cameron

What's good at Frasers Hills that's is better than Cameron Highland? Never visited Frasers... may make a trip there if H1N1 is a problem in China or Korea in Dec...

Cheers!

golf course and zero traffic

Oh, golf. No wonder you say FH better than CH. I went to both. 3 times to FH and many times to CH. FH quite disappointing to me (but my last trip was 5 years ago, so don't know if any major changes since then). If don't play golf, then there is not much up there.

CH has quite a lot of interesting things like small towns, tea plantation, mossy forest (if go at right time, it is like fairy land), cactus valley, butterfly farm, temples, easy hiking trail with watch tower in the middle, morning market, quite lau juak pasar malam, strawberry farm, etc.

You are right about the zero traffic at FH though. Sometimes, CH traffic can be pretty bad.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:30 am

It depends on what you want most.

If you want a quiet time, walking, trekking, nature, photography and just enjoying the serenity and cool weather, then FH is better. It is less busy and commercial than CH. Yes there's less to see and do in FH. I stayed many times in one of the corporate bungalows and was treated like a lord, with my breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and coffee served for me. Staying outside reading or just playing with my children. Its a great place for lazing around. It is a great place for quiet family time. The weather is best here.

If you want places to visit and see, a lot more choices of places to eat, then CH is better. But it is busier. If you want the same things that FH has to offer in CH then you'll only get it in the remote parts. There are just too many visitors in the more public areas. CH has become congested with cars these days. The CH resorts are too crowded. I used to stay at Lakehouse in the early days. Later we switched to Merlin. We still stay at the Merlin when it became YTL Cameron Resort. I buy my tea from Barrat which cannot be found in KL. I buy flowering plants from CH, which only last for a month.

But in either places, an extended weekend is about the max or else you go crazy especially if you have teens.

Golf in either place is not that great.

Bt Tinggi is crowded during weekends with day trippers. Sometimes, companies hold their family days there. Other than the "French town atmosphere", the jap garden and golf, there's nothing else. I enjoy the ride going and down more than the stay. There used to be street performances during the early days. I've stayed there and it gets boring quite fast. The place is not for trekking or nature. The weather is not as cool as CH and FH.

Genting is a perfect tourist trap. It has entertainment for adults and kids alike. It is very commercialized (which means money here and money there). Teens like it here better. No nature and trekking. It is crowded and noisy as hell especially during school holidays.

Rather than Genting, you are better off in say Sunway Resort Hotel. There's lots more to do. There's the Sunway Lagoon theme park, shopping at Sumway pyramid, cinema, ice skating, food (high end, mid, fast and hawker) galore. But is is too close to home for many of us and I go to Sunway Pyramid almost every week. For visitors it is a great place. Young and old will like it here.

There are a few other places that I may suggest, Cherating, Berjaya Redang, Melaka, Penang, Pangkor, Pangkor Laut, Langkawi.

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi KSgoh, can I entice you with the beauty of our rainforest and take the back road (Karak Highway) to Bentong (U may stop at Janda Baik to try the special prawns there), Raub and Sg Koyan. Road gets better after that through the new Highway to Ringlet via the picturesque Bertam Valley. You will pass through numerous waterfalls and through the vegetable and strawberry farms in Bertam Valley. I am sure the road is all ready now, not like what I went through 2 years ago where the highway is still under construction (tree top height bridges, etc). My children enjoyed the cooling waterfalls on the way.
On my trip we managed to get some fresh water fish from the orang asli settlements and of course not forgetting the veges brought form the farm as you near Ringlet. Dessert was Cameron grown Strawberries with whipped cream.
On the way down if you prefer take the winding road down to Tapah or the much more decent road through Simpang Pulai. All the roads mentioned are in the latest MFM Maps.
If you do go pls tell us about your journey.
I m planning one early next year.
Happy hol;idays.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”