AirAsia sale

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: AirAsia sale

Postby tuah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

stimix wrote:haha Drsec = MAS pilot liao

Pssttt bro drsec.. can get free seat or not :mrgreen:

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 pm

tuah wrote:
stimix wrote:haha Drsec = MAS pilot liao

Pssttt bro drsec.. can get free seat or not :mrgreen:

Bangku ade

naim

Postby naim » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

dvpro wrote:
naim wrote:No-show seats cannot be resold, so no extra rev for AK.

Maybe there is, less load (passenger and baggage) means fuel savings. :mrgreen:

For conventional airline model, there's an assumption of 20% no-show out of total pax (hence overbooking), but I suppose for LCC model, this figure is somewhat much smaller because ppl know there'd be no refund/rebook if they miss the flight.
Pls see my travelogues at http://naim.my - THANKS!

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 pm

naim wrote:
dvpro wrote:
naim wrote:No-show seats cannot be resold, so no extra rev for AK.

Maybe there is, less load (passenger and baggage) means fuel savings. :mrgreen:

For conventional airline model, there's an assumption of 20% no-show out of total pax (hence overbooking), but I suppose for LCC model, this figure is somewhat much smaller because ppl know there'd be no refund/rebook if they miss the flight.

I would not like to put the "no-show" figure with such absoluteness. No-show for Full Service Carriers vary very greatly with season, sector, and many other factors. No-show for FSC differ very greatly from Low Cost Carriers such that it woudl be wrong for anyone to compare the 2 models. The Revenue Management philosophy utilized by these 2 types of carriers vary greatly.

I dont think this is the correct place to have such a technical discussion.

I was merely making a remark to would-be buyers to be sure of their travel before committing. Sometimes the low price is meant to be so attractive. They'll end up buying something they dont want or at some time that they cannot travel or at a price that they did not initially want. They will then be forced to go on the trip because it is paid or burning it.

stimix

Postby stimix » Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am

AA Zero fare started this Morning 12 AM...argghhhhh still stuck/hang while choosing seat..Wanna go borrobudor nxt yr liao \:D/
ImageImage
ImageImage

gcteck

Postby gcteck » Wed May 19, 2010 4:03 am

AK takes your money in advance and roll...roll...roll
not forgeting interest earned.
Few months later God knows whether you can
travel with AK becos no leave no time etc etc. ](*,)
AK earning millions per year on these no-show paxs.
MH Low fare follow AK or LCC fare concept, of course
with much fewer seats avaiable per flight and depending
on the time of travel.
Don't be compulsive buying AK tickets but can't travel later
and be a sucker. :cry:

:peace:

stimix

Postby stimix » Wed May 19, 2010 7:44 am

Ehhh I've been using AK flights. All via this big promo for years now..I dun missed any flight & enjoyed it ..U tell me where else can get a return ticket to Jakarta for RM42/pax & to Jogya at RM60/pax?? \:D/

No problem for me.. :-'
ImageImage
ImageImage

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

Stimix, :$$: =P~

wow :shock: I also want to follow balek kampung
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

keanhoe
Contributor
Location: Alor Setar / Pokok Sena, Kedah (nuvi 765 SG/MY, Papago M9 for Android)

Postby keanhoe » Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 pm

[/quote]

I would not like to put the "no-show" figure with such absoluteness. No-show for Full Service Carriers vary very greatly with season, sector, and many other factors. No-show for FSC differ very greatly from Low Cost Carriers such that it woudl be wrong for anyone to compare the 2 models. The Revenue Management philosophy utilized by these 2 types of carriers vary greatly.

I dont think this is the correct place to have such a technical discussion.

I was merely making a remark to would-be buyers to be sure of their travel before committing. Sometimes the low price is meant to be so attractive. They'll end up buying something they dont want or at some time that they cannot travel or at a price that they did not initially want. They will then be forced to go on the trip because it is paid or burning it.[/quote]

I agree with drsec. I kena once before. Bought AK flight to Bangkok really cheap 1 year in advance. Come the time to travel, cannot go because got other more important things to do... Burn lah.
mfm - on the way to being the best community mapping project.

stimix

Postby stimix » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:28 am

Forgotten to bump this earlier..Within the past 3 weeks, Air Asia ki siao liao (crazy dy :mrgreen: ). Every week promo..3 weeks ago they launched the Korea RM74 ticket..(Yeah I got it), last week, Air Asia RM1 promo (me also got it) and starting this Morning 12am..another sales...now at Air Asia X! ...To Taipei return, only RM250 all-in & to Mumbai, Only RM150 all-in..crazy....Too bad me fully booked liao till Aug nxt year..sigh.

So for those missed the earlier 2 sales...grab now...Mumbai RM0 fare! & its real when I last login to AA this Morning 12:30am
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Holiday & Travel”