Jaguar's "Go Kota Kinabalu" 13-16 Nov 08

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jaguar
Valued Contributor

Re: Jaguar's "Go Kota Kinabalu" 13-16 Nov 08

Postby jaguar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:39 pm

The menu

The drum at its entrance..

Oh cheesy… a beautiful wawa puffing away…… =P~

Hey you… don’t look so fierce man… drink up… :lol:

Ooooo…. Cannot resist this tasty lamb curry… I poured full curry into white rice and swallowed !!! :peace:

After the great lunch, we walked towards this entrance into the Poring Hot Spring Staions Recreation Area… Here is a map

Giant bamboo shoots behind the entrance…

Self explanatory signboard behind the entrance… while the botanical gardens is around 3500m above sea level, this place is about 600m above sea level.

Have to walk through a low hanging bridge before reaching the rock pool.

People can bath in the open. There are cold and hot spring water… 40 to 60 deg C….. I am sure you can’t get cooked

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 pm

However, we prefer to rent a private area for our bath… paid RM30 for 2 hours.

My family and Tony spent our time here, while the rest went for the canopy walk. We filled one tub with cold sulphur water and the other tub with hot sulphur water. I don’t know if Tony’s eggs got cooked… oops…. These hot water comes directly raw from the mountain. =P~

This is the start of the canopy walk. A steep 45 degree climb up for about 450m. :nutz:

He is crying for help….. panting…. :tease:

At the top, you will have to walk through these thin hanging bridges high above the tree tops… about 175m in length spread out in a few sections. =D>

The descent…. About 300m back to rock pool… =D>

They bought a jackfruit which we promptly demolished..

I bought this tarap.. a local borneo fruit…. Very funny feel when you touch the skin. Not thorny, but sort of like a carpet feel….. :D

Come taste its white meat… :D

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 pm

Ee family went to see the blooming rafflesia… :lol: maybe it sound like a blooming idiot too.. oops... be nice [-X

4:25pm. We board the bus to descend. It took us about 2.5 hours to return to our hotel. The route down the mountain was foggily misty and drizzled. Here in Borneo, the sun rises early around 5am and sets early from around 5pm.

Arrived back at hotel around 7pm. We went to Yoshimi Japanese restaurant (above Starbucks) for dinner. You must beware that Kota Kinabalu restaurant prices are probably higher than what you would get in Kuala Lumpur. There was a nice 3 person local band at hotel lounge. We went for a few drinks from 11pm till 12:30am. Forgot to take pic of the 2 beautiful wawa singers. :cry:

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:41 pm

16th Nov 2008 (Sunday) : Day 3 in Kota Kinabalu
8:00am. Bernard and Roy came to my hotel in his car. At this point, Joyce and kids wanted to join. So, we waited for them to change and moved off to a morning market around 8:30am. We had noodles and kopi at a coffee shop. Roy’s wife joined us. After breakfast, we took a short stroll through the stalls. Joyce bought some beautifully made magnetic butterflys. Those you stick on your fridge. =D>

Here is a pic of tecrc, berngps and me… at a kopi shop… \:D/

10:30am. Back to the hotel and left the kids there. I and Joyce walked to the Philippines market and bought about RM385 worth of dried fish. :wink:

We skipped the fish maw shop as the asking price started at RM400. We figured his sword is very sharp :(

There are quite a few of these men bent around sewing machines by the road side. Very hardworking lot. :peace:

11:00am. Joined Tony and kids at the hotel pool. Oh my jaguar…you have not grown a bit… =P~

Under watchful eyes of the hotel manager…. :$$:

We checked out around 1:45pm. Put our luggage with the concierge and went to the mall next door for light makan. Left the hotel in 4 taxis (RM20 each) for the airport around 4:30pm. There was a heavy downpour when we boarded the plane around 6:40pm. Umbrellas were issued for the short walk of about 50 metres. Arrived Changi airport around 2055 hrs.

What a wonderful first time experience at KK…. Next stop.. Sandakan ?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

pauchai
Regional Mapper

Postby pauchai » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am

bro jaguar,
Thanks for sharing the beautiful KK trip. :thumbsup: :tq:

Always enjoy reading your travel logs..... :mrgreen: :peace:
http://www.facebook.com/xuandefengshui

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 am

Great commentary Bro Jag. You are paving the way for future trips by us :thumbsup: :good:

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 am

jaguar wrote:I don’t know if Tony’s eggs got cooked… oops…. These hot water comes directly raw from the mountain. =P~

Appears Tony may have consumed half of the water from the other tub....perhaps to cool his toes and all....since it may have been sweltering hot.... :mrgreen:

Interesting travelogue and a :good: brudder for sharing your "figure" with us.... reminds me back then of the Spore wrestler, King Kong, at Great World where lots of matches were held.... :tq: for the sharing of your KK trip.

Image ~ Cruiser ~

tropicalfruitz

Postby tropicalfruitz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 am

Haa...looks like a great KK trip with Big bro Jaguar looking fit in speedos :good: !

Return to “Holiday & Travel”