Trip Up North again

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
roltancc

Trip Up North again

Postby roltancc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am

It's a short school holiday again. Nothing like taking a ride up North for the long distance for which we can clear the carbon in our car lol.

Head up to Desaru again , this time stayed in LOtus Desaru ( former Impian hotel ) the journey through the causeway was surprisingly fast without much hassle for a Tuesday afternoon .. Maybe the control of petrol have make it not so attractive to just go in for petrol.

As usual go there for the Seafood and Beaches , other than that nothing much you can do there. ( and that's what I wanted: doing nothing hoho!)

The trip is generally the same except I manage to capture the construction of the Senai Desaru bridge " still under construction "

This bridge will save us a lot of time when it's ready. So going to Desaru for a day trip will be just a breeze. Hope it can be ready by end of the year. ( it was supposed to be ready beginning of this year I think , but it was delayed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dvpro

Re: Trip Up North again

Postby dvpro » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 am

roltancc wrote:The trip is generally the same except I manage to capture the construction of the Senai Desaru bridge " still under construction "

This bridge will save us a lot of time when it's ready. So going to Desaru for a day trip will be just a breeze. Hope it can be ready by end of the year. ( it was supposed to be ready beginning of this year I think , but it was delayed.

Senai-Desaru highway to begin operation early next year
By AUSTIN CAMOENS
newsdesk@thestar.com.my

KOTA TINGGI: The final 27km stretch of the Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE) will be fully operational by early next year.

Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman announced that the remaining stretch of the highway, including the 1.7km-long bridge spanning Sungai Johor, would be accessible to the public by February or March next year.
[More...]
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

banduw

Postby banduw » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:38 am

I am thinking of driving (with my family) to Desaru Golden Beach Resort for the long National Day weekend (from Singapore).

I thought of taking the 2nd link checkpoint, and then simply following the route given by MFM.

Since this is the first time I am driving to Malaysia, (and in a brand new car :)), I would highly appreciate any advise - things to do or not to do!

Bandu W

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 pm

since it is your first trip up north, my advise to you is to have sufficient rest day before the trip, leave early and come back early if you coming back on the Monday. expect heavy traffic jam at both causeway.... :-' ,

you may also wana go further to sg rengit, famous for lobster seafood.... :thumbsup:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:16 pm

banduw wrote:I am thinking of driving (with my family) to Desaru Golden Beach Resort for the long National Day weekend (from Singapore).

I thought of taking the 2nd link checkpoint, and then simply following the route given by MFM.

Since this is the first time I am driving to Malaysia, (and in a brand new car :)), I would highly appreciate any advise - things to do or not to do!

Bandu W

desaru is on the east, why enter malaysia via the west side? seems to be a detour.
plan your route and enter via woodlands earlier. go in jb or breakfast and do a slow drive
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 pm

dvpro wrote:
roltancc wrote:The trip is generally the same except I manage to capture the construction of the Senai Desaru bridge " still under construction "

Senai-Desaru highway to begin operation early next year
By AUSTIN CAMOENS
newsdesk@thestar.com.my

KOTA TINGGI: The final 27km stretch of the Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE) will be fully operational by early next year.

Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman announced that the remaining stretch of the highway, including the 1.7km-long bridge spanning Sungai Johor, would be accessible to the public by February or March next year.
[More...]

would it shorten the trip to desaru much?
btw is it seen on the map updates?
User of 205 / 205W

banduw

Postby banduw » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 pm

gpsnerd wrote:desaru is on the east, why enter malaysia via the west side? seems to be a detour.
plan your route and enter via woodlands earlier. go in jb or breakfast and do a slow drive

When I read the forums, everyone seemed to be going through the 2nd Link. So, I thought that is the best way through.

I actually don't plan to stop in JB on my way up, and would prefer a longer path over a crowded path :).

Under that situation, would it be still better for me to pass through Woodlands? It is actualy closer to me becaue I live in Serangoon.

Thanks a lot!

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm

gpsnerd wrote:would it shorten the trip to desaru much?

It's stated in the official website that:
http://www.e22.com.my/About-Us.html
<< Click here to download fullmap >>

Travelling time will be shorten from a 2hr journey to a 45minutes journey from Senai (west) to Desaru (east). Previously, the Federal Route FR3 & FR92 was the only gateway to Desaru, with a typical journey of 2hrs.

gpsnerd wrote:btw is it seen on the map updates?

Yes, the open section, right up to Cahaya Baru Interchange (and Pasir Gudang Interchange), is already mapped in MFM.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 pm

banduw wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:desaru is on the east, why enter malaysia via the west side? seems to be a detour.

When I read the forums, everyone seemed to be going through the 2nd Link. So, I thought that is the best way through.

I actually don't plan to stop in JB on my way up, and would prefer a longer path over a crowded path :).

Under that situation, would it be still better for me to pass through Woodlands? It is actualy closer to me becaue I live in Serangoon.

Thanks a lot!

yes, and leave earlier to avoid jams
User of 205 / 205W

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm

dvpro wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:would it shorten the trip to desaru much?

It's stated in the official website that:
http://www.e22.com.my/About-Us.html
<< Click here to download fullmap >>

Travelling time will be shorten from a 2hr journey to a 45minutes journey from Senai (west) to Desaru (east). Previously, the Federal Route FR3 & FR92 was the only gateway to Desaru, with a typical journey of 2hrs.

gpsnerd wrote:btw is it seen on the map updates?

Yes, the open section, right up to Cahaya Baru Interchange (and Pasir Gudang Interchange), is already mapped in MFM.

thanks for the info
User of 205 / 205W

Return to “Holiday & Travel”