What Must eat or Must visit at Bali Island?

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
robo
Senior Mapper

Re: What Must eat or Must visit at Bali Island?

Postby robo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 am

stimix wrote:Opss robo...On Yogya food, what I mean is resoanble & not really fantastic..haha.. :oops:

BTW, one missing heritage or culture if one looking at the old footage of Bali circ ~ 1950....Their ladies walking on the street or even in the market braless & topless wth only sarong after the wraist.... darn...after 60's no more liao ](*,)

It's ok, got it. (Yogya)

WAH! Seems like we born too late??? :D
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

wmq8741

Postby wmq8741 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:29 am

I am going to Bali too, soon. Is there any good makan place other than babi guling? I mean muslim food?

stimix

Postby stimix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Except for their Nasi Padang & those specifically mentioned muslim food...others are Non-hala wor..
ImageImage
ImageImage

wmq8741

Postby wmq8741 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:49 am

stimix wrote:Except for their Nasi Padang & those specifically mentioned muslim food...others are Non-hala wor..

Thanks bro stimix, got to ask pak supir then to recommend

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:08 am

wmq8741 wrote:
stimix wrote:Except for their Nasi Padang & those specifically mentioned muslim food...others are Non-hala wor..

"supir" means "Driver angkot" :mrgreen:
angkot means van-car using for mini bus.. :wink: :-'
a lot of angkot there , and you can ask anything to pak Supir.. from any food until last hot politic there.. :lol: :lol:
just sit near pak supir, then ask :thumbsup:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:22 pm

robo wrote:There's another one call Naughty Nuri Warong (coorect if I'm wrong) is good about Pork Rib, source from internet...have you try it?

If you like hearty western food, then this restaurant is good. There are two branches within about 100 meters of each other on the same side of the road. They grill the thick juicy pieces of meat on the pit just outside the restaurant. The most popular ones finish very quickly. Their burger patty is huge. Also their large pork chop. All looks very well marinaded. I tried the ribs, very good. But that is because I like western food very much lah. But the portions quite big, and only 3 of us, so cannot order too many things. Somemore, the restaurant is a bit far from town (relative speaking lah), because the rest of the town can be covered on foot (but have to walk long distances lah).

When I saw their Kacak dance, I almost fainted. They really use their mouth to say Kacak kacak kacak, continuously. Haha!!

If you have time, go up to the North of the Bali Island to see the dolphins (if you like to see dolphins). Really large concentration of dolphins in their natural environment. Once in a while, a dolphin will jump up high into the air, then do a dance by twisting round. I thought they only do that for show at the sea world. I didn't know that they also like to do that in their natural environment. I think they do that to play and show off to their mates, since they are supposed to have quite high level of intelligence.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

robo wrote:Beside the Babi Guling at Ibu Oka & Smoke Duck at Bebek Bengil...

I tried the Babi Guling bought at roadside stalls along the highway kampung, and also the one at Ibu Oka. I much prefer the kampung ones. Actually, it is our "sio buk" (roasted pork) mixed with rice and some ulam leaves, etc.

Bebek Bengil depends on your luck. We ordered one, then later on another since the first one was good. The second one was so skinny and dry, so unlike the first one. Seems like their QC not so good.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:04 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:
robo wrote:There's another one call Naughty Nuri Warong (coorect if I'm wrong) is good about Pork Rib, source from internet...have you try it?

If you like hearty western food, then this restaurant is good. There are two branches within about 100 meters of each other on the same side of the road. They grill the thick juicy pieces of meat on the pit just outside the restaurant. The most popular ones finish very quickly. Their burger patty is huge. Also their large pork chop. All looks very well marinaded. I tried the ribs, very good. But that is because I like western food very much lah. But the portions quite big, and only 3 of us, so cannot order too many things. Somemore, the restaurant is a bit far from town (relative speaking lah), because the rest of the town can be covered on foot (but have to walk long distances lah).

When I saw their Kacak dance, I almost fainted. They really use their mouth to say Kacak kacak kacak, continuously. Haha!!

If you have time, go up to the North of the Bali Island to see the dolphins (if you like to see dolphins). Really large concentration of dolphins in their natural environment. Once in a while, a dolphin will jump up high into the air, then do a dance by twisting round. I thought they only do that for show at the sea world. I didn't know that they also like to do that in their natural environment. I think they do that to play and show off to their mates, since they are supposed to have quite high level of intelligence.

Thanks Francis.
We skip the Nuri's Warung, Kecak Dance & Dolphins. All because of limited time!! Anyway, I definitely be back to Bali again!! One visit to me is not enough. Haha!

FrancisTLim wrote:I tried the Babi Guling bought at roadside stalls along the highway kampung, and also the one at Ibu Oka. I much prefer the kampung ones. Actually, it is our "sio buk" (roasted pork) mixed with rice and some ulam leaves, etc.

Bebek Bengil depends on your luck. We ordered one, then later on another since the first one was good. The second one was so skinny and dry, so unlike the first one. Seems like their QC not so good.

We tasted the Babi Guiling Ibu Oka at Ubud, tasty! But a bit dry...
We did order the Smoke Duck one day in advance from Bebek Bengil, the duck was perfectly delicious! Not only the smoke duck but the Crispy Duck also VERY nice! :)
I will post the whole Bali trip in my blog, stay tune! Haha! :)
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

stimix

Postby stimix » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:01 pm

BTW be warned hor...those supir/ drivers like to recommend those cut throat Mat Salleh pricing seafood esp if you ask them for Jimbaran seafood. Beware!! There are lotsa slaughtering houses there & the drivers actually earned commission for recommending tourist...The price of those " driver's recommended" restaurants really crazy..There were cases of seafood dinner touching RM500 for a small family of 3-4!!

So far, only Lia Cafe cheap althouigh don't really getting the crowd bcos no commission based restaurant. The worst those drivers will tel you Lia's no0 more or dunno that place!! Although the old seafood complex is so wellknown
wmq8741 wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 am

stimix wrote:So far, only Lia Cafe cheap althouigh don't really getting the crowd bcos no commission based restaurant. The worst those drivers will tel you Lia's no0 more or dunno that place!! Although the old seafood complex is so wellknown

You are right stimix,
The driver said don't know how to go to Lia Cafe?! But I just asked him to follow my GPS! Then he got no more excuses and no choice, he gotta drove us there! Haha! :)

Return to “Holiday & Travel”