Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) Trip

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) Trip

Postby moeyhc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:10 am

Ni Hao too bro...

I have a Taiwan 205W and the offset is still there... only the 'Offset Corrected' version of the map can be used... I have tested it with the UK, Taiwan and US sets.

May I know what's the temperature and wind chill at HuangShan?

Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

khanuar23
Valued Contributor

Postby khanuar23 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 am

moeyhc wrote:Ni Hao too bro...

I have a Taiwan 205W and the offset is still there... only the 'Offset Corrected' version of the map can be used... I have tested it with the UK, Taiwan and US sets.

May I know what's the temperature and wind chill at HuangShan?

Cheers!

Yes...I have to confess that I used 'Offset Corrected' version of China map, I know it is illegal but I have to, no other choice if you want to use Nuvi other than Chinese version. The temperature at Huangshan during my visit (Feb 2010) was -20C and the windchill was about -30C. All the snow become ice like we are at Harbin.
http://www.facebook.com/2khairul

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 am

It's harsh weather up the mountains. We Malaysians are blessed with warmth all year round and have long forgotten the fiery and icy jungles out there... Have a good stay in Shanghai. Cheers!

jemin75

Postby jemin75 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

cam berminat plak tgk salji...hehehe. apa lagi yg menarik kat shanghai?

tq for nice pic.

khanuar23
Valued Contributor

Postby khanuar23 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

jemin75 wrote:apa lagi yg menarik kat shanghai?

Banyak jugak tempat yang menarik di Shanghai untuk di lawati kalau nak cerita. Nanti saya akan post lagi gambar2 tentang Shanghai.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:59 pm

[quote="silverbeauty"]Bro khanuar23, thanks for sharing the nice pictures :thumbsup:

Which pic??? =P~ =P~ =P~

AlexWang

Postby AlexWang » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:56 pm

so nice photo!! thx for sharing bro!!

khanuar23
Valued Contributor

Postby khanuar23 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:36 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Which GPS are you using ?

Actually I am not using my Papago X6 because I am not driving. Transportation inside Shanghai city is considered both convenient and satisfactory. Shanghai has taxis roaming the city and they are available 24 hours a day. Visitors can take a taxi from virtually anywhere, and it is the most common means of transportation to get around Shanghai. All taxi have GPS tracking device and fare receipt. If you feel you get cheated by taxi driver by driving "pusing pusing jauh", take the receipt then make a report. The taxi company will check the GPS tracking of the taxi. I was cheated once. The bus system in Shanghai is probably the cheapest and most convenient way to get around the city. The bus lines in the downtown area, crisscrosses Shanghai like a spider web. There are 13 subway lines which have connections all over the city of Shanghai, and have stops at or nearby all of the main attractions and commercial areas. Except during rush hour, the subway is the fastest and most comfortable way for visitors to get around Shanghai.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Agree that the Shanghai Sub way is efficient, fast and cheap... use it as much as possible. The ticket dispensing machines are dual language (English & Chinese). You can plan your route using Google maps too. This is a great way to move around in Shanghai. The GPS map of Shanghai is rather disappointing... if you plan to drive be prepared for errors.... Cheers!

Return to “Holiday & Travel”