Trip to Japan

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
singawon
Valued Contributor

Re: Trip to Japan

Postby singawon » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:27 am

keong8260 wrote:Do you buy something for me...? :mrgreen:

I bought lots if tidbits... =P~ ...i'll eat them for you.... :lol:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:54 am

Next, we went to the Oshino Hakkai Village, to drink water melt from Mt Fuji... :mrgreen:

Water from Mt fuji.... :lol:

Beautiful scenery
ImageImage

Very clear water pond
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 am

A afternoon view of Mt Fuji

诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:19 pm

tlchuan wrote:wow japan, do you face any difficulty with immigration official ?

hear is very difficult to get in to japan if we are from malaysia :-k

Malaysians need to get a visa to enter Japan. Unlike visas for other countries, the Japanese tourist visa for Malaysians is free.

When applying for the visa, you need to bring to the embassy/consulate:

• Your passport.
  • Photocopy of your passport. (first page details)
  • Passport-size photos taken less than 6 months ago. (I forget how many copies)
  • Last 3 months' bank statement.
  • A letter from your employer confirming your full-time employment.

Unfortunately this is because Malaysians have a reputation of overstaying and working illegally in Japan.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:50 pm

tympg wrote:
Unfortunately this is because Malaysians have a reputation of overstaying and working illegally in Japan.

I think you are right bro tympg, back in the early 90's, i had relatives from Ipoh working in japan, according to them, many of them did that and not much freedom as the fear of getting caught...however, they are now living happily back in their hometown... :-'

And according to our tour guide, japan is now facing new illegal immigrant from the PRC.
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:24 am

singawon wrote:We are supposed to climb up the valley to a small house up there where they cook eggs, according to the locals, after eating one egg from here, your life will be extended another 7 years... :-k
Yum yum.... =P~

Finally, caught up with you... :evil: on lower level and not high up there with those "Kway Nehngs"... :lol: Btw, does that mean you look 7 years younger or older or the mouth gets to be 7x longer??? :shock: :tease:

I also noticed, like you have been with yr camera... R U fetish with toilet snappings??? :rolleyes: :lol:

Nice pics nonetheless... not the WC seats leh... ](*,) but at first sight, I thought you were brudder Howard who lives in Michigan... of Japanese origin... you sure resemble very close to him I must add.... :mrgreen:

How large was your tour group and how was the Japanese food/dishes on an overall score? I'm contemplating on visiting Japan too someday and wonder if driving there would be a confusing task despite using a local map on the Nuvi?

Not too keen on having to be pushed out of bed that early just to finish a collective breakfast and shoot off by 8 sharp... daily :-k ...heheh.

Happy New Year Alfred and welcome back!!! :tq: for sharing Japan with us. :good:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

cruiser wrote:Finally, caught up with you... :evil: on lower level and not high up there with those "Kway Nehngs"... :lol: Btw, does that mean you look 7 years younger or older or the mouth gets to be 7x longer??? :shock: :tease:

I also noticed, like you have been with yr camera... R U fetish with toilet snappings??? :rolleyes: :lol:

Nice pics nonetheless... not the WC seats leh... ](*,) but at first sight, I thought you were brudder Howard who lives in Michigan... of Japanese origin... you sure resemble very close to him I must add.... :mrgreen:

How large was your tour group and how was the Japanese food/dishes on an overall score? I'm contemplating on visiting Japan too someday and wonder if driving there would be a confusing task despite using a local map on the Nuvi?

Not too keen on having to be pushed out of bed that early just to finish a collective breakfast and shoot off by 8 sharp... daily :-k ...heheh.

Happy New Year Alfred and welcome back!!! :tq: for sharing Japan with us. :good:

Oh...where have you been hiding and pop out all of sudden.... :lol: and may the rabbit catch up with you in 2011 and bring happiness to you and Pat.... :thumbsup:

Errr...who is this brudder Howard?? :-k Anyone i know of..?

The eggs supposed to extend life for 7 years, i took 2, so not too sure it will be 14.... :mrgreen:

WC seat.... :shock: , you yet to try those in the hotel....damn...i am thinking whether to install one in my house.... :lol:

We had about 23 persons in one bus and one tour guide to take care of us, he was origin from taiwan, so communication not a problem and he has a japanese wife and live in Hokkaido....(our next holiday destination, but not too sure to go on the summer or winter... :ko: )...probably will get him again when he go there.

I think driving in non city area is quite pleasant with lesser traffic, i saw quite a bit of those flyovers which built very near to some buildings and be sure you know which one to take if not a U turn may take you hours.... [-o< , you can take those train...fast and comfortable....will post these picture later... :wink:

Going with package tour are always rushing, waking up early and reaching hotel late..... :mrgreen: We wake up at 2am to prepare ourselves to catch the 640am flight on our last day of the trip.... :ko:

I am still too lazy these day to continue posting more pictures, those you saw is only the day 1 of my trip....and not complete yet.... :lol:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

egtan

Postby egtan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:28 am

Hi!

Can you share your Garmin Waypoints file for your trip to Tokyo and Mt Fuji?

I have a Japan map but it's very sparse on Points of Interest. Am planning to go there later this year.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”