Thailand Map Request/Query

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
rays39

Re: Where to download Thailand map for PAPAGO?

Postby rays39 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 pm

drsec wrote:For this question, I suggest that the best authority to answer it is Papago themselves.

After all, we are in this quandary because of them and since they have the ability to produce maps from the work of others, I am sure they have a Thailand Map somewhere.

agree what did u said, i'm really don't understand how come they don't provide thailand maps for M3 users.
felt regret to purchased my Q6031.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:32 am

rays39 wrote:
drsec wrote:For this question, I suggest that the best authority to answer it is Papago themselves.

After all, we are in this quandary because of them and since they have the ability to produce maps from the work of others, I am sure they have a Thailand Map somewhere.

agree what did u said, i'm really don't understand how come they don't provide thailand maps for M3 users.
felt regret to purchased my Q6031.

Do you talk or write to them about your inquiry...? I think you might not feel regret if you try to contact them.

Please feedback to us after they reply you.

cflai
Valued Contributor
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Postby cflai » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Go to this website and see for yourself, although I do not guarantee it to be still there after pointing it out

http://www.m3shoppe.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=9330&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 30 16.23.jpg

Read the last line. It says Preloaded with Thailand 3D Map besides the rest......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:24 am

i think this adverdtisement not says specific "map per country" in 'diffrerent map file'.
actually mfm's papago included All region of Malaysia, Singapore, Bunei & THAILAND (some Region) also.
for Indonesia, yes it's using different map file (from navnet).

so you must get mfm map & navnet map from purchasing.
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

cflai
Valued Contributor
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Postby cflai » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 am

Inggo wrote:i think this adverdtisement not says specific "map per country" in 'diffrerent map file'.
actually mfm's papago included All region of Malaysia, Singapore, Bunei & THAILAND (some Region) also.
for Indonesia, yes it's using different map file (from navnet).

so you must get mfm map & navnet map from purchasing.

I will like to think it is more than just MFM maps 'cos it says "3D" maps.... If it is MFM maps only, why do they mention only Malaysia/Singapore and Thailand? They should also mention Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam....... because all these are in the MFM map!

I think M3Asia should clarify this....

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am

cflai wrote:I will like to think it is more than just MFM maps 'cos it says "3D" maps.... If it is MFM maps only, why do they mention only Malaysia/Singapore and Thailand? They should also mention Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam....... because all these are in the MFM map!

I think M3Asia should clarify this....

Bro, FYI: MFM's papago is 3D Maps.. ,

Some region of Thailand, Laos Cabodia & Vietnam was pending in our Papago map, but 'not' for mfm's garmin map.
read it carefully in point 13,

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10134&start=0
red mark in map feature.

captbob

Non-MfM Thailand Maps

Postby captbob » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am

Hi, I've been loving my MFM maps of Malaysia since you started, but now I'm moving to Bangkok. I understand that there are Rotweiler maps for a contribution of USD$50+. Can anyone please give me advice, which is best for Bangkok -- these Rotweiler maps or MFM's Thailand (or some other....)

Thanks in advance
:tq:
...with one GPS you know where you are, with two you are lost!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Thailand Maps

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am

captbob wrote:Hi, I've been loving my MFM maps of Malaysia since you started, but now I'm moving to Bangkok. I understand that there are Rotweiler maps for a contribution of USD$50+. Can anyone please give me advice, which is best for Bangkok -- these Rotweiler maps or MFM's Thailand (or some other....)

Thanks in advance

For now, Rotweiler's maps of Thailand is still the better one.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Have you try Esri Map?
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Inggo
Contributor

Postby Inggo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm

captbob wrote:Hi, I've been loving my MFM maps of Malaysia since you started, but now I'm moving to Bangkok. I understand that there are Rotweiler maps for a contribution of USD$50+. Can anyone please give me advice, which is best for Bangkok -- these Rotweiler maps or MFM's Thailand (or some other....)

Thanks in advance

There is other option:
1. Thailand Street Map v.10.x., cover of All 76 Provinces of Thailand about 121 Mb file img.
2. Thailand Map, Include North Thai, NorthEast Thai, Greater Bangkok, Central Thai, East Thai, South Thai & All region Thailand, about 80 Mb img file.
3. Bangkok only, about 39 mb img file.

the best is no.1 but must pay to garmin,
no2 is quite complete, okay lah and most importantly its free :mrgreen:

Return to “Thailand Map Discussion & Feedback”