Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Postby keong8260 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm

xerver wrote:Dear Bros..

I just went to Aeco Technologies, the authorised Garmin Distributor in Malaysia and highlighted my problem with them. The technical assistant checked my map loaded in the device and successfully identified the problem.

According to them, If we are using original Garmin's Malsingmap, we should not use the Malfreemap together as the device will read Malsingmap in confusion as well as slower the speed of the processor. It should be either Malsingmap or Malfreemap, by 'checking' and 'unchecking' the relevant maps you are intending to use from the 'Map' option following by 'info'.

So in short, if we are using within Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei, just 'check' the Malsingmap and if you are going outside of these 3 countries, then 'check' only the Malfreemap.

Hope this information may provide some helps to anyone who has encounter the same problem with me.

On the contrary... I unchecked Malsingmap at all time and check Malfreemaps at full time!

xerver

Postby xerver » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Yes Bro.. you are right...

Malfreemap is more informative and details enriched than the Malsingmap. But the only drawback of Malfreemap is the absence of Junction View as supported by latest model of the Garmin device.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm

xerver wrote:Yes Bro.. you are right...

Malfreemap is more informative and details enriched than the Malsingmap. But the only drawback of Malfreemap is the absence of Junction View as supported by latest model of the Garmin device.

You win some . you lose some....
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Using whichever, when & where one's in as necessary. Both have their advantages depending on just where one travels about frequently but I can see the value most are awarding to... in better favor for :rox: .
Image ~ Cruiser ~

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 am

cruiser wrote:Using whichever, when & where one's in as necessary. Both have their advantages depending on just where one travels about frequently but I can see the value most are awarding to... in better favor for :rox: .

If only " They" open the door for :rox:

As for now......... [-X [-X No Comment...

How are you Cruiser...
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 pm

alyem wrote:
cruiser wrote:Using whichever, when & where one's in as necessary. Both have their advantages depending on just where one travels about frequently but I can see the value most are awarding to... in better favor for :rox: .

If only " They" open the door for :rox:

As for now......... [-X [-X No Comment...

How are you Cruiser...

Finger cross! [-o<

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 pm

alyem wrote:
If only " They" open the door for :rox: As for now......... [-X [-X No Comment...

How are you Cruiser...

Yes and I'm afraid... its the all awaiting game of Wait & See outcome...hmmm and for yr part too, a NDA restriction perhaps :frus:

Nonetheless... most are currently happy as things are and soon, the demand for more 3-D viewing display will become inevitable as the upper next level...sheesh... we all end up as buying non-stop!!! :nutz: :lol:

I'm doing fine less some extra "belly" encounter or so says my sexy, slanky Dietist herself... so I'm on that lookout with cholesterol rich foods.... hahaaa.

Next pit-stop is again Thailand to burn up with their temps and hot spicy dishes... a craving culinary cycle. =P~

I hope someday to meet up with you too at a GG Meet and how is yr little daughter? She must be a tall girl by now?
Image ~ Cruiser ~

rhysng

Postby rhysng » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 am

Some missing road which I filter out while I'm on the trip to Bangkok.....

Thailand Coach Trip.gdb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 am

POI during my trip to Thailand in Jan 2011

1. Please remove Salinda Hotel (no longer there)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

payedsan

Postby payedsan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 am

hi..i'm newbie..just wanna ask..by using papagox5,how to update latest map for thailand..i've map for that but last update on 2/9/09.tq so much

Return to “Thailand Map Discussion & Feedback”