Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hatimanis

Re: Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby hatimanis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm

rhan wrote:
hatimanis wrote:Will it work on iPod Touch 4th Gen???

Yes, it will..

Thanks bro. I downloaded the software and got stuck in 'acquiring satellite' postition. The help section is not helpful. Any bros can advise???

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:24 pm

koochy_rat wrote:6) Run '<deleted>' on both the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on your PC. <deleted>. (Yes, we have to unlock our own FREE MFM map :P)

This item will be deleted soon as it is breaking Forum Rule #6.

Please re-word your instructions or find another way of incorporating the MfM map without contravening the rules.

Edit -- deleted
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

sauying

Postby sauying » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 pm

guiledave wrote:
toytoy wrote:
guiledave wrote:Use this IMG file in map folder for correct time zone from USA to SG/MY. Don't forget change permission if needed.

Thanks so much for this file, i was just wondering why there's no option to change the time hehe, always showing US time only.

So if I use USA version with MFM map, I cannot use Junction View?

I am using USA no map version and i only put in the renamed MFM map. No basemap etc. it's working fine. Do I need any other files?

Can i add Custom POI downloaded from MFM into the POI directory? Will it work?

Also is it confirmed we cannot use the Address Search Function with MFM Maps? We can only use POI to search for address? The app always crash when i search address.

Last question, if i download the 2012.10NT Map, will Junction view work?

Junction View and Address Search will work if you download MFM or MSM map from:
http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/
Tried and success on both last afternoon.
It seem absolute cannot work on weekly/monthly update MFM/MSM maps.

I haven't try on POI yet, you can try it and share how's the results.

Tried, can do POI search, like Pasar Malam, but no icon in map

klse82

Postby klse82 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi, is this apply to Garmin US version?

koochy_rat wrote:Garmin SG/MY MFM replacement guide

Ok, here it is.. the first ever guide to replace the MSM map in Garmin SG/MY with MFM! Works on both jailbroken and unjailbroken phones. With almost FULL function, including junction view and 3D buildings!

1) Go to http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/, select Singapore/Malaysia, then scroll right to the bottom and download Malfreemaps for Nuvi 3790V/3790. This mapset contains high resolution junction view images. You don't need to enter the unlock code.

2) Run the installer until you get to the 'Garmin Map Installer' dialog. Don't close the window and go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\MapData and copy gmapsupp.img and SgMyMFM.JCV out. You can now close the installer.

3) Run i-Funbox and connect your phone. (You need iTunes installed on the machine first)

4) Go to "User Applications/SG & MY/garmin-nav.app/storage-singapore-malaysia/.System"

5) Copy gmap3d.img out to your PC. Rename gmapprom.img to gmapprom.bak and gmapprom1.img to gmapprom1.bak on your phone.

6) Run '<deleted>' on both the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on your PC. <deleted>. (Yes, we have to unlock our own FREE MFM map :P)

7) Run GmapTool (<deleted>) and select the unlocked gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img to a new gmapmerged.img file. Give the mapset a name. Click 'Join all' to merge them.
gmaptool.jpg

8) Now rename this gmapmerged.img to gmap3d.img and replace the gmap3d.img in your phone.

9) Rename SgMyMFM.JCV to MALSING.JCV and replace the MALSING.JCV under the JCV folder in your phone.

10) Congrats! You now have MFM with junction view, speed limits and 3D buildings. The only functionality missing is lane assist, which isn't too big a deal since there is junction view. Start Garmin SG/MY and try it out! Please post feedback here.
IMG_1165.jpg

Note: you can use the weekly MFM (cgpsmapper) map instead but you will lose junction view.

koochy_rat

Postby koochy_rat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm

tympg wrote:
koochy_rat wrote:6) Run '<deleted>' on both the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on your PC. <deleted>. (Yes, we have to unlock our own FREE MFM map :P)

This item will be deleted soon as it is breaking Forum Rule #6.

Please re-word your instructions or find another way of incorporating the MfM map without contravening the rules.

Edit -- deleted

Sorry, I thought only links weren't allowed. Edited already to be less specific.

koochy_rat

Postby koochy_rat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:10 pm

klse82 wrote:Hi, is this apply to Garmin US version?

koochy_rat wrote:Garmin SG/MY MFM replacement guide

I've never tried, but in theory should work also. You may need to change your gmaptz.img to Malaysian time zone.

sauying

Postby sauying » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Right now i'm using both USA and SG/MY on my IPHONE
- USA - Using original SG/MY MSM with junction view, lane assist , 3D maps (unlock it and change the permission using Ifile)

- SG/MY - Using koochy_rat's method which combined both MFM and 3D maps ! works great !
- Currently SG/MY support MFM POI ... but shows nothing in regular 'VIEW MAP', no icon ... can search using POI

kaplex

Re: Garmin Apps on iPhone

Postby kaplex » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm

koochy_rat wrote:
kaplex wrote:i think i found the temporary solution without replacing base maps.
You have to rename mfm to "gmap3d.img" and replace the current gmap3d.img in .System folder and delete gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img.

Fantastic! Confirmed can work for me as well on Garmin SG/MY. On the normal MFM weekly map, voice routing works, however still no junction view, lane guidance or speed limits.

Using the MFM Garmin NT maps, I managed to get junction view working, however the images appear to be MSM's. Will investigate more and post results tomorrow.

erm, mine after replacing gmap3d.img still have lane guidance. im using mfm weekly update.

klse82

Postby klse82 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 am

sauying wrote:Right now i'm using both USA and SG/MY on my IPHONE
- USA - Using original SG/MY MSM with junction view, lane assist , 3D maps (unlock it and change the permission using Ifile)

- SG/MY - Using koochy_rat's method which combined both MFM and 3D maps ! works great !
- Currently SG/MY support MFM POI ... but shows nothing in regular 'VIEW MAP', no icon ... can search using POI

Hi, I'm newbies. Can you provide guide how to attach original SG/MY MSM with junction view, lane assist , 3D maps? Because my USA version is come with no map & JCV. Thanks.

Lance

Postby Lance » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

The guide works for me. Thank you koochy_rat! :tq: :good:
:rox:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”