Garmin-Asus nüvifone A50 (Android OS)

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Asus nuvifone A50 (Android OS)

Postby zamad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:56 pm

bro Tuah has an A50 and uses MyTracks (running in the background) to do tracking. You can, too.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

bluedarling7

Postby bluedarling7 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 pm

hi i have htc wildfire. what gps application can i dl? can i use this garmin asus in this post? can anyone direct me to it? i heard papago is available for android phones but i cant seem to find a free download for one. ty

corrochan

Postby corrochan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 pm

hi all, happy new year! Need some advice pls.

1. What are the key difference between Garmin Asus A10 and A50? Both released last year and both using Android 2.1.

2. I saw a newspaper ad that A10 has the shortest time to log on to GPS sat. What about A50? Are these the best GPS phones on the market?

3. Android is now 2.3. Can these be updated to the phones which come with 2.1?

4. Besides GPS, are Garmin Asus phones better than other brands (like HTC which I'm keen too). Any diff? Or are phones now totally dependent on 3rd party aps, since all using Andrioid?

newbie qns, but hope you can help. Thanks.

cstd99

Postby cstd99 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:16 pm

if anyone know how to install the Oxford Dictionary Of English for nuvifone A50?

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

cstd99 wrote:if anyone know how to install the Oxford Dictionary Of English for nuvifone A50?

Apps are installed normally by clicking the *.apk file.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 pm

poodleworld wrote:just get an A50 2 days ago , very good android phone , want to ask at here , MFM garmins maps can load in A50 to use ?

No problem. 2 methods.
Method 1, i:create a new folder in your SDcard. Rename it to "Garmin". ii:Copy the MFM garmin map (gmapsupp.img) into the folder. iii:Then in your a50 navigation setting, click on the menu key then Map Info. iv:You check MFM-Garmin 110516 to select the map. v:It is very important to uncheck Malsing Map and City Navigator Sg/MY maps to prevent crash.
Method 2. If you don't have a SDcard, create a new folder in your internal memory. Rename it to "Map". Repeat step ii to v.
You can copy other country's map into the folder. As long as the file type is *.img, it will auto load the map. i.e indonesia.img, thailand.img.
repeat step iii. You can check other country maps with MFM-garmin map checked. It will not crash at all.
P/s: Method 2 can work on sdcard too.
bye
9W2ZW

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Tue May 17, 2011 10:43 pm

corrochan wrote:hi all, happy new year! Need some advice pls.

1. What are the key difference between Garmin Asus A10 and A50? Both released last year and both using Android 2.1.

2. I saw a newspaper ad that A10 has the shortest time to log on to GPS sat. What about A50? Are these the best GPS phones on the market?

4. Besides GPS, are Garmin Asus phones better than other brands (like HTC which I'm keen too). Any diff? Or are phones now totally dependent on 3rd party aps, since all using Andrioid?

1. A10 memory is twice of A50. A10 is 512MB Ram & Rom but A50 is only 256MB ram & rom. A50 can support 3D building but A10 cannot. A10 camera is 5mp compare to A50 3MP.
2. A50 locking satellite signal also very fast witout A-gps on. I own a A50 too, compare to my cousin A10, locking speed is about the same.
3. I heard A10 can update to 2.2 but A50 cannot because Garmin already broke-up with Asus. No more future update.
4. Garmin A10 and A50 is a very powerful GPS phone. GPS locking signal is amazing. Very Strong and very sensitive receiver compare to original Garmin PND GPS. In 1st floor of 2 storey concrete building, no problem at all to lock satellite signal at all. At the moment, HTC can only use papago gps sotware(other than google maps). Gps locking signal is normal.
9W2ZW

atomic

Postby atomic » Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 pm

zeevon wrote:
corrochan wrote:hi all, happy new year! Need some advice pls.

1. A10 memory is twice of A50. A10 is 512MB Ram & Rom but A50 is only 256MB ram & rom. A50 can support 3D building but A10 cannot. A10 camera is 5mp compare to A50 3MP.
2. A50 locking satellite signal also very fast witout A-gps on. I own a A50 too, compare to my cousin A10, locking speed is about the same.
3. I heard A10 can update to 2.2 but A50 cannot because Garmin already broke-up with Asus. No more future update.
4. Garmin A10 and A50 is a very powerful GPS phone. GPS locking signal is amazing. Very Strong and very sensitive receiver compare to original Garmin PND GPS. In 1st floor of 2 storey concrete building, no problem at all to lock satellite signal at all. At the moment, HTC can only use papago gps sotware(other than google maps). Gps locking signal is normal.

A10 also can support 3D building.

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 pm

zamad wrote:Anyone got the A50 yet? If so, can you give a short review? Wanted to know whether it can log tracks.

A50 is an android phone with firmware 2.1 only. Can log tracks but no option to control. Automatic log when you put the phone on the cradle. Cannot list out log track list. The only way to see you tracks' list is uploading into mapsource. Walking track and waypoints cannot upload to mapsource.
GPS recevier is the strongest I've ever met. Original Garmin PND GPS tak boleh lawan.
Turn on your gps at the 1st floor of a 2 storey building or in a building with metal roof, satellite signal lock within seconds. Cant nuvi gps do that? Tested no!!!
A50 is a little bit lag compare to A10 because of RAM only 256MB.
9W2ZW

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Thu May 19, 2011 7:58 pm

zeevon wrote:
zamad wrote:Anyone got the A50 yet? If so, can you give a short review? Wanted to know whether it can log tracks.

A50 is a little bit lag compare to A10 because of RAM only 256MB.

Set advance task killer to auto kill certain/not frequently use background applications. Some background applications "kacau" especially when in tracking mode for a long distance. ](*,)

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”