Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tangyp

Re: Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby tangyp » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm

pohkf wrote:
tangyp wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion how to backup the favorites that are stored in the Garmin app, so they can be easily restored later?

Thanks.

Backup the file call "mylocations.db".

Thanks... will try it.

extercy

Re: StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby extercy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm

pohkf wrote:I already bought the apps USD 19.90.

I only know how to add the Vehicle Icon(X-Wing). see attachment.

Anybody know how to add MFM map to this app?

Mine does not have the ON/Off functions for the maps. I am using Western-EU.ipa since I can't get the USA ones. I am currently using MFM. Does the ON/Off for maps only for Gramin maps ?

Thanks.

ahmoy

Postby ahmoy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:19 pm

<..> doesnt work...i only can unlock gmap3d.img..Can tell me how to unlock gmapsupp.img???

You need to be more specific about "doesnt work". I have tested gmapsupp.img downloaded from MFM (you dont need to unlock this img file), you will get a working latest MFM map but without a JCV.
Btw, what koochy_rat has used is the MFM map downloaded from Garmin website and not the latest map from MFM.

Mine does not have the ON/Off functions for the maps. I am using Western-EU.ipa since I can't get the USA ones. I am currently using MFM. Does the ON/Off for maps only for Gramin maps ?

The ON/OFF option to select a map set is only available for SG & MY version (not inside USA and Western Europe version)

suntzulee

Re: StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby suntzulee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm

pohkf wrote:I already bought the apps USD 19.90.

I only know how to add the Vehicle Icon(X-Wing). see attachment.

Anybody know how to add MFM map to this app?

bro, how u actually add maps into mymaps?

zhiyuel

Re: Garmin Apps on iPhone

Postby zhiyuel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:04 pm

kaplex wrote:i think i found the temporary solution without replacing base maps.
You have to rename mfm to "gmap3d.img" and replace the current gmap3d.img in .System folder and delete gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img.

thanks..
its working at least for now, but not all POI is available.. is there any way to add POI... folks?
Knowledge is power. Share it we must!!!

gearosv2

Postby gearosv2 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 am

gearosv2 wrote:Does anyone knows if the Garmin SG/MY has tunnel simulation feature?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kimu

Got a reply from Garmin customer support. This version does not support tunnel simulation. :(

ahmoy

Postby ahmoy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:22 pm

gearosv2 wrote:
gearosv2 wrote:Does anyone knows if the Garmin SG/MY has tunnel simulation feature?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kimu

Got a reply from Garmin customer support. This version does not support tunnel simulation. :(

What is a tunnel simulation? If a normal simulation (no GPS needed and the car will driver by itself) then got lah.

gearosv2

Postby gearosv2 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 pm

ahmoy wrote:
gearosv2 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kimu

What is a tunnel simulation? If a normal simulation (no GPS needed and the car will driver by itself) then got lah.

When u enter the tunnel and lost satellite signal. The tracking is simulated at the last known speed with the signal and assume that you are travelling at the speed until a signal is received again. Instead of reporting lost of signal.

jasonmy99

Postby jasonmy99 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

koochy_rat wrote:Garmin SG/MY MFM replacement guide

Ok, here it is.. the first ever guide to replace the MSM map in Garmin SG/MY with MFM! Works on both jailbroken and unjailbroken phones. With almost FULL function, including junction view and 3D buildings!

1) Go to http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/, select Singapore/Malaysia, then scroll right to the bottom and download Malfreemaps for Nuvi 3790V/3790. This mapset contains high resolution junction view images. You don't need to enter the unlock code.

2) Run the installer until you get to the 'Garmin Map Installer' dialog. Don't close the window and go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\MapData and copy gmapsupp.img and SgMyMFM.JCV out. You can now close the installer.

3) Run i-Funbox and connect your phone. (You need iTunes installed on the machine first)

4) Go to "User Applications/SG & MY/garmin-nav.app/storage-singapore-malaysia/.System"

5) Copy gmap3d.img out to your PC. Rename gmapprom.img to gmapprom.bak and gmapprom1.img to gmapprom1.bak on your phone.

6) Unlock both the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on your PC.

7) Run GmapTool and select the unlocked gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img to a new gmapmerged.img file. Give the mapset a name. Click 'Join all' to merge them.
gmaptool.jpg

8) Now rename this gmapmerged.img to gmap3d.img and replace the gmap3d.img in your phone.

9) Rename SgMyMFM.JCV to MALSING.JCV and replace the MALSING.JCV under the JCV folder in your phone.

10) Congrats! You now have MFM with junction view, speed limits and 3D buildings. The only functionality missing is lane assist, which isn't too big a deal since there is junction view. Start Garmin SG/MY and try it out! Please post feedback here.
IMG_1165.jpg

Note: you can use the weekly MFM (cgpsmapper) map instead but you will lose junction view.

Hi, koochy_rat.
Have you try to download the map from 2575RLM version? I believe the reason of lane info is not working on your map because the device is not support lane info. I checked the 2575RLM device, it is actually support the lane info. Using this map maybe you can get all the features.
Last edited by jasonmy99 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

adkoh

Postby adkoh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:54 pm

jasonmy99 wrote:
koochy_rat wrote:Garmin SG/MY MFM replacement guide

Ok, here it is.. the first ever guide to replace the MSM map in Garmin SG/MY with MFM! Works on both jailbroken and unjailbroken phones. With almost FULL function, including junction view and 3D buildings!

1) Go to http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/, select Singapore/Malaysia, then scroll right to the bottom and download Malfreemaps for Nuvi 3790V/3790. This mapset contains high resolution junction view images. You don't need to enter the unlock code.

2) Run the installer until you get to the 'Garmin Map Installer' dialog. Don't close the window and go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\MapData and copy gmapsupp.img and SgMyMFM.JCV out. You can now close the installer.

3) Run i-Funbox and connect your phone. (You need iTunes installed on the machine first)

4) Go to "User Applications/SG & MY/garmin-nav.app/storage-singapore-malaysia/.System"

5) Copy gmap3d.img out to your PC. Rename gmapprom.img to gmapprom.bak and gmapprom1.img to gmapprom1.bak on your phone.

6) Unlock both the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on your PC.

7) Run GmapTool and select the unlocked gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img to a new gmapmerged.img file. Give the mapset a name. Click 'Join all' to merge them.
gmaptool.jpg

8) Now rename this gmapmerged.img to gmap3d.img and replace the gmap3d.img in your phone.

9) Rename SgMyMFM.JCV to MALSING.JCV and replace the MALSING.JCV under the JCV folder in your phone.

10) Congrats! You now have MFM with junction view, speed limits and 3D buildings. The only functionality missing is lane assist, which isn't too big a deal since there is junction view. Start Garmin SG/MY and try it out! Please post feedback here.
IMG_1165.jpg

Note: you can use the weekly MFM (cgpsmapper) map instead but you will lose junction view.

Hi, koochy_rat.
Have you try to download the map from 2575RLM version? I believe the reason of lane info is not working on your map because the device is not support lane info. I checked the 2575RLM device, it is actually support the lane info. Using this map maybe you can get all the features.

Hi, I'm newbie here and would like to install the garmin for my iphone.... I've follow all the steps above until I'm stuck at steps 6. :cry:
May i know how am i suppose to unlock the gmapsupp.img and gmap3d.img on PC?
When i perform the step 7, i got error message shown as below. Wish i can get some guide & advise from GURU & Expert here.... :prayer:
Thank in advanced.

Program start.

====================================================================

Join all maps.
Input file: C:/Users/itadm/Desktop/Garmin SG-MY For IPhone/gmap3d.img.
Input file: C:/Users/itadm/Desktop/Garmin SG-MY For IPhone/gmapsupp.img.
Reading file C:/Users/itadm/Desktop/Garmin SG-MY For IPhone/gmap3d.img.
Reading file C:/Users/itadm/Desktop/Garmin SG-MY For IPhone/gmapsupp.img.
Size: block 4096, header 40960, file 58880000
Create output file error, file C:/Users/itadm/Desktop/Garmin SG-MY For IPhone.

There were errors, result is faulty.

End.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”