Garmin-Asus nüvifone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
blackhorn

Re: Garmin-Asus nüvifone

Postby blackhorn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 pm

sizmonz wrote:Hi, anyone got any idea how to install new map into nuvifone M10??
I have been trying to add my oz/nz map without success..
I tried copying the img file into My storage/system but it didnt showed up in the phone mapset..
i tried putting it in various files (my storage/system/map,my storage/map, my storage itself) but still no use??

Help would be much appreciated cos it's driving me nuts...

I have no problem in loading maps from the "\my storage\garmin" and I notice that it can read any IMG files in any file name. to check if the map files have been loaded... select "Tools ->manage my data-->map sets---> options ---> map source".

thiang
Polygon Mapper
Location: USJ (Garmin-Asus A10 Taiwan Version) & Ipad Mini Retina with Street Pilot MY/SG

Postby thiang » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 am

Ohhhh my dream phone O:)
山不在高 有仙則名 水不在深 有龍則靈

adon

Postby adon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 am

after installed map, need to reset the phone (off and on back). I have installed some map into the storage card garmin folder. same like other garmin gps.

multi888

Postby multi888 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

Do you guys having green round dots overlapping the custom icon when using MFM maps?
User of M20 here...having this issue when using MFM map, the round green dots is all over the entire map overlapping the all custom icon. Any ideas how to solve this issue?
Thank you.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 am

adon wrote:got mine from M1 at $218. very good price for nuvifone M10.
overall phone look good and fast, so fast no hang yet. \:D/

I also not sure where to install new map and other voice or text file. Hope will get more info here. Thanks.

sizmonz wrote:Hi, anyone got any idea how to install new map into nuvifone M10??
I have been trying to add my oz/nz map without success..
I tried copying the img file into My storage/system but it didnt showed up in the phone mapset..
i tried putting it in various files (my storage/system/map,my storage/map, my storage itself) but still no use??

Help would be much appreciated cos it's driving me nuts...

Bro adon, can you give us a review about M10?

adon

Postby adon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 am

I'm only using for few days and this is not my main phone yet. $218 after $50 vouchers discount, very attractive price and come with the car kits. Lower plan $14/month from M1.

Charging and connection is via Micro-USB cable/adapter. Good if you already have extra micro-usb cable, can be share using.

GPS can be used without insert the Sim card, really strong and fast log in as compare to my 255W. Interface/menu is different from nuvi 255W. GPS also can be log in using via phone station (AGPS ?)

will feed back to you after my trip to china. :peace: =D>

CKKwan

Postby CKKwan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Dear All,

I am having a M10. I manage to pair with my PC once, and Transfer Files using Bluetooth.

But after that, I can't Transfer Files anymore. The M10 appears to pair correctly, it shows up at the Explorer (or my Windows), but I can't browse any folders inside.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

MrEmkay

Postby MrEmkay » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Just got my m10 from starhub last sunday.

Managed to install mfm latest public maps (by replacing the GMAPPROM.IMG with the generated IMG file in the \my storage\system folder) but with a few problems:

1. POI icons on map are not showing, just displayed as a grey dots.
2. Unable to activate recently found (it shows in the background but with an error message).

Here are some screenshots of m10 QUE's interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CKKwan

Postby CKKwan » Sat May 01, 2010 1:18 pm

MrEmkay wrote:Just got my m10 from starhub last sunday.

Managed to install mfm latest public maps (by replacing the GMAPPROM.IMG with the generated IMG file in the \my storage\system folder) but with a few problems:

1. POI icons on map are not showing, just displayed as a grey dots.
2. Unable to activate recently found (it shows in the background but with an error message).

Here are some screenshots of m10 QUE's interface.

5 Ferror Road.... Big House [-o<

multi888

Postby multi888 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Me too, having the same problem with my M20 using MFMbut mine is Green Dots....have tried many method but still can't solve.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”