Papago X5 for Android

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: HELP - PAPAGO X5 on Android 2.2

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 am

My China Android Tablet don't have Bluetooth and it won't pair with my BT dongle.... If you know how please let me know. I have Holux M1200, M240, M1000, M1000B & M1000C....
Common Sense Is Not Common.

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 am

moeyhc wrote:My China Android Tablet don't have Bluetooth and it won't pair with my BT dongle.... If you know how please let me know. I have Holux M1200, M240, M1000, M1000B & M1000C....

if yr android tablet doesnt hv bluetooth, the only thing that MAY (but prob a long shot) work is if it can accept a usb bluetooth dongle to give it bluetooth capability. Even then there's no guarantee it will pair with yr Holuxes (nice collection btw).

I have a China Android Tablet too - the SmartQ 4.3". It can connect via built-in bluetooth to my Holux 1000C but Papago does not support its 800X480 resolution - prob bec my tablet can only operate in landscape mode

ajay

Postby ajay » Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 pm

csn u trick it to support the resolution? that's what we do on the samsung tab
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Fri May 06, 2011 7:26 pm

ultrafire88 wrote:
JayCee wrote:Well, you have enlightened me.
Rather have the Papago X5 sitting idling I will give your alternative a try.
I still have my Qstarz intact. Need to find and install all software with W7 environment.
--JC

Just to give u further details so u dont get the wrong equipment.

I hv 2 Holuxes, the 1000B n the 1000C. Diff is 1000C has built-in logger.

- My ipod touches n ipad wifi connects easily to both Holuxes. Needs to be jbed.

- For Samsung Galaxy SL, somehow it only connects to my 1000C thru the Bluetooth App although some other apps with built-in bluetooth function like Locus can connect to the 1000B.

- My HTC Legend refuses to even pair with any of the Holuxes so i hv to use the internal gps chip.

Hope the above helps. Of course there r other bluetooth gps out there like Garmin etc but i hv not tried them. Let me know the results if u try.

P.s: just reread n saw tt u mentioned u hv the Qstarz, presumably a bluetooth gps? Let us know if u get it to work with yr Samsung

I am still charging my Qstarz BT-1000.
The green led should light up during charging but didn't.
Hope this is not a sign of device malfunction.

I have found two software close to your mentioning in Market:
1. Bluetooth GPS by Googoo Android and
2. Bluetooth GPS Provided by mobile-j.de.

Hope you don't telling us which is the one you are recommending.

--JC

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:36 pm

JayCee wrote:
ultrafire88 wrote:
JayCee wrote:Well, you have enlightened me.
Rather have the Papago X5 sitting idling I will give your alternative a try.
I still have my Qstarz intact. Need to find and install all software with W7 environment.
--JC

Just to give u further details so u dont get the wrong equipment.

I hv 2 Holuxes, the 1000B n the 1000C. Diff is 1000C has built-in logger.

- My ipod touches n ipad wifi connects easily to both Holuxes. Needs to be jbed.

- For Samsung Galaxy SL, somehow it only connects to my 1000C thru the Bluetooth App although some other apps with built-in bluetooth function like Locus can connect to the 1000B.

- My HTC Legend refuses to even pair with any of the Holuxes so i hv to use the internal gps chip.

Hope the above helps. Of course there r other bluetooth gps out there like Garmin etc but i hv not tried them. Let me know the results if u try.

P.s: just reread n saw tt u mentioned u hv the Qstarz, presumably a bluetooth gps? Let us know if u get it to work with yr Samsung

I am still charging my Qstarz BT-1000.
The green led should light up during charging but didn't.
Hope this is not a sign of device malfunction.

I have found two software close to your mentioning in Market:
1. Bluetooth GPS by Googoo Android and
2. Bluetooth GPS Provided by mobile-j.de.

Hope you don't telling us which is the one you are recommending.

--JC

The one i m using is by googoo android. There's also another one called Bluetooth GPS Provider but it didnt work for me. make sure to enable Mock GPS Provider in yr phone settings and in the app

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 pm

ajay wrote:csn u trick it to support the resolution? that's what we do on the samsung tab

Yes i read about that n the use of spare parts. Not sure how to do it though. May try to research further on this

ajay

Postby ajay » Fri May 06, 2011 8:02 pm

ultrafire88 wrote:
ajay wrote:csn u trick it to support the resolution? that's what we do on the samsung tab

Yes i read about that n the use of spare parts. Not sure how to do it though. May try to research further on this

u can try by
1. renaming one of the folder inside 'organic' folder so that it matches your device's native resolution (eg. 600X1024). then change also the inside th language folder (CH, EN. . .)
2. look for spare parts in android market & follow the instruction (tick/untick compatibity mode, reboot etc). there's a video on this on utube
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 pm

ajay wrote:
ultrafire88 wrote:

u can try by
1. renaming one of the folder inside 'organic' folder so that it matches your device's native resolution (eg. 600X1024). then change also the inside th language folder (CH, EN. . .)
2. look for spare parts in android market & follow the instruction (tick/untick compatibity mode, reboot etc). there's a video on this on utube

Thks for the tips. Will try n read up further before trying.

Funny thing is, the resol of my SmartQ tablet is 800x480 which is the same as my galaxy sl. If Papago X5 can run on my galaxy in both portrait n landscape mode, i dun c why it cannot run on my tablet

mikelim
Location: Melaka, Dell Axim 50v + Haicom CF GPS + Agis Navigator 2006, Holux 62E + Papago X3, Samsung Ace + X5

Samsung Ace with Papago X5, running smoothly?

Postby mikelim » Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Has anyone using Ace? How is the nuvi? Am thinking of replacing my c7.

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:13 am

Correction on my previous post - Papago only runs on my Samsung in portrait mode - i got mixed up with my iPod Papago M6/M8 which can run in both portrait and landscape mode.

Good news is i managed to get Papago X5 to run on my SmartQ tablet. But only because i found a setting to set my tablet in portrait mode so in effect Papago is running in the same 480X800 resol as in my Samsung.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”