Nokia E72

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
uppersky

Re: Nokia E72

Postby uppersky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 am

thanks for remind...

but pls don't simply update yr firmware,do some research first,read comment from the official website,see those "new bugs" u can accept or not?as i noe...they still haven fix major bugs yet.i still waiting the coming update....

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

Nokia E72 is an upgraded version of its younger brother (or is it sister?) E71. I wanted to buy E72 but was told that E71 is more stabled. From my bad experience with my HTC TyTN2 which has GPS, WiFi, Phone, etc, all built in, I was supposed to be happy with it but instead the battery (even new one) failed me miserably. I have to use either a home charger or a car charger if I ever wanted to use my HTC (so mah fun). Therefore, I decided to buy a "stand-alone" PND Garmin Nuvi 205 GPS and it has served me well so far. I also have a "stand-alone" Wifi in way of HP PDA rx3400 and of course a basic handphone. With these heavy "baggages", I could use them for hours without worrying about the batteries playing out on me. Just my 2 sen worth.
:D
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

piju

Postby piju » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:03 pm

uppersky wrote:thanks for remind...

but pls don't simply update yr firmware,do some research first,read comment from the official website,see those "new bugs" u can accept or not?as i noe...they still haven fix major bugs yet.i still waiting the coming update....

good, better play safe.
im on my own.
http://9m2pju.blogspot.com

vash_h

Re: having problem with my e72+mobile xt v5.00.60

Postby vash_h » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 pm

uppersky wrote:i have found a solution on my nokia e72+garmin mobile XT v5 without facing any unstable problem,i will directly write down the point,so that other member can benefit on it.

-using mfm custom poi maps,(i have try full...it will auto shutdown the garmin program)
-disable A-Gps first from the nokia...Control Panel>Setting>General>Positioning>positioning methods>disable Assited GPS
-disable all the active themes
-disable all the email auto sync setting
-no screen saver apply
-delete all the 3rd party anti-virus program and firewall.
p/s:after i have apply all the methods that my fren given, i did not facing any problem til now.enjoy~

basically, from the list of things you mentioned there, i see the problem.

NOT ENOUGH MEMORY.. why? because of the 2 i highlighted in bold. try putting back your active themes, AGPS and screen saver and see if garmin is still unstable or not.

also, try updating your phone firmware. nokia has this tendency to release phones with firmwares that is bad in managing its memory resources.. from my past experiance, on n95 and my 5800, updating the firmware solved this issues (it is in the changelog of the firmware)

curious as to why u want antivirus and firewall for your phone. Antiviral programs uses a lot of memory, and will shorten your battery life as well. the chances of getting infected is soooo low..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

uppersky

Postby uppersky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 am

hi vash_h,

thanks for the reply,
first of all, i tot it was bcoz of the internal memory not enough for garmin mobile xt to run smoothly under my stxpid e72,but when i saw my fren e71 run garmin mobile xt last 2 week,i found that e71 still navigating but my e72 has been pop out to the main screen(my fren has set my e72 setting same like his e71)is this the difference between FP1 & FP2 problem?...sien la.

vash_h,i seldom used theme & screen saver.there is nothing much "Possibility" left for me to test it.now only setting north up,then i able to pick up the phone call without having problem navigating at the same time.track up also won't help,sien.....
Last edited by uppersky on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piju

Postby piju » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 am

agreed.
the problem here is it's firmware.
maybe there is still a bug on the firmware.
memory management. nokia e72 internal memory can be consider big enough.

uppersky

Postby uppersky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm

piju,yesterday nite...i visit a phone shop dealer,he told me that actually garmin mobile xt was not giving any new patch to symbian anymore,so the v5.00.60 was the final 1...nokia site also won't giving any patch to e72 regarding garmin mobile xt compatibility to Fp2 due to interest confilc to their ovi maps.

duno is true or not. :cry:

p/s:if that is a fact,i will wait 1 more firmware update...if still no improvement on gmxt....i might plan to get a stand alone gps devices. :ko:

piju

Postby piju » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 pm

uppersky wrote:piju,yesterday nite...i visit a phone shop dealer,he told me that actually garmin mobile xt was not giving any new patch to symbian anymore,so the v5.00.60 was the final 1...nokia site also won't giving any patch to e72 regarding garmin mobile xt compatibility to Fp2 due to interest confilc to their ovi maps.

duno is true or not. :cry:

p/s:if that is a fact,i will wait 1 more firmware update...if still no improvement on gmxt....i might plan to get a stand alone gps devices. :ko:

no wonder. thats why garmin not developing any updates for symbian s60 3rd version. gmxt 5.00.60 is an updates for s60 5th version. nokia said that 1st update is for their gps and stability ( nokia e72 got issue, sometimes spacebar doesnt work) just wait for the 2nd update for nokia e72 firmware.

piju

Postby piju » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm

guys, have u tried papago, mapking or tomtom on nokia e72 ?

uppersky

Postby uppersky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 am

nop....bcoz mfm didn't not support it.... :ko:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”