Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
koochy_rat

Re: StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby koochy_rat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

aikliang wrote:
keong8260 wrote:
ysloy wrote:I really have no idea how to install the map. I read in the itune store: "Garmin Streetpilot stores map data on your device so you can continue to view route details as you travel in and out of coverage area" and "New in this version: larger map data storage capacity".. Not sure how is this thing working..

And Garmin Streetpilot don't available in iTunes Malaysian page.
actually you can trick iTunes into thinking that you are in the US, which I use to download apps from iTunes there. The only downsides are that (1) I can only downloads free apps (2) when the apps is up-dated, I have to log into that country iTunes to download the up-dates and sync my iPhone.

follow this link. I am not sure if it is still workable but you can try:-

http://www.labnol.org/software/install- ... ore/13523/
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

Note:- you can't purchase any apps unless your credit card is issued from that country and you have a local address of that country

Sure you can purchase Garmin from the US app store. But it only has US and Canada maps at the moment, so you will only waste your money if you want to use it here. There is no way to get MFM maps into it.. it doesn't seem to use the usual gmapsupp.img map.

stuartloh
Location: KEDAH.205W,1350,GMXT N95,Holux Gpsmile 62F,Papago M8.2

Postby stuartloh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 am

Well, if your Iphone had JB, then you can download it at the installous.

Although my itune is a US address version, but i still don't think its worth to use/buy in the mean time or in future if it still need to download the map when navigating. a stupid idea to fight again piracy, in the end restrict its own abilities to function for the sake of the buyer.

I did downloaded and installed in my iphone. after nothing can do with it, so had removed it to save the space for my sake of my iphone.

Had tried Tom Tom and Papago, recommanded Papago for the iphone's navigation.
人说人生如梦,我说梦如人生!

wearwolf

Postby wearwolf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Hmm.. looks like they've upgraded to another version of Streetpilot (Now Called StreetPilot Onboard). Basically a street pilot with the maps built in. Now this is abit better....

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2011/08/new- ... d=newsroom

All we have to do now is wait for the WMP7/Android version :)
================================
SonyEricsson Xperia X1 / Garmin Asus A10
Garmin Nuvi 255w (KL/SG Edition)
Garmin Dakota 20 (ROM v.3.50)

khairulforte

help!!!

Postby khairulforte » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 am

need some help from sifus here.how to install those free maps to ipad2? :-? many thanks... O:) O:)

jasonmy99

Garmin Streetpilot Onboard iphone map require

Postby jasonmy99 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:55 am

Hi All,

[Edit] Sorry, I made a mistake. That is not a Garmin streetpilot onboard version. So side administrator, you can remove this post. thank you and sorry for the mistake [edit]
Last edited by jasonmy99 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Streetpilot Onboard iphone map require

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:19 pm

jasonmy99 wrote:Hi All,

Good news is, I got a Garmin Streetpilot onboard to test on my iphone recently.
But when I browse through the software data, Garmin ain't use .img map as their map data in this app.
It looks very similar to Tomtom style. I wonder MFM can convert any map for iphone Garmin Streetpilot onboard to use?
Some of the files that I found in the map data are as below: (hope this can help)

XXXXXX-342.meta.dct (For security purpose, I can't put the actual name for this file)
XXXXXX-342.meta
XXXXXX.pna
traffic.dat
tmccodes.dat
tables.dat
profiles.dat
poi.dat
overview.dat
mapinfo.dat
housenrs.dat
faces.dat
crpoi.dat
cphonmlh.dat
cnode.dat
cname.dat
cline.dat
citymap.dat
borders.dat

and so on....

Thanks in advanced.

Cannot help you or any other user of Streetpilot as the maps are downloaded over the air as you are traveling. Thus service provider has to support this application.

azlan96

Postby azlan96 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:49 pm

The new Garmin USA app for iPhone, u download the maps to the phone first, but still USA only :cry:

azlan96

Re: help!!!

Postby azlan96 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Free ah? not much choice. You have Google Maps, Malaysia Maps and Waze

Other GPS apps need to pay..

limyc

iPhone ... .. more bragging rights

Postby limyc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:05 pm

check this out

the iPhone 4S now is supporting the GLONOSS GPS. this means that your iPhone could get a faster fix as more GPS satellites are used to get the fix. not sure it this is so. read on

http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/20/iphone-4 ... s-support/

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11 ... onass.html

:thumbsup:

ahmoy

Postby ahmoy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Theoretically, we can push our MFM map into Garmin StreetPilot on board for iPhone if Garmin has designed their application to read maps from the application public folder. For example, you can push photo or video into the installed media player inside iPhone/iPad.

The problem right now is Garmin's directors is too stupid and greedy to design in such a way you will not able to upgrade the maps by yourself and force to either upgrade or buy new one from iTunes. Garmin StreetPilot on-demand is already a flop and they still cannot learn anything from it. :fire:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”