Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
djthormented

Re: Can Garmin be used for Iphone 3gs?

Postby djthormented » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:16 pm

use iExplorer... free and can even be used on a non jailbroken device

jasonmy99

Re: Garmin Apps on iPhone

Postby jasonmy99 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Loaded MFM map to my garmin USA. Work perfectly... Tried the navigation feature... good man..
Load two map into my garmin USA.. woohoo.. seccussful..
Going to try the JCV from MSM join with MFM map...

pigzz

Postby pigzz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 am

hi,

anyone can teach me how can copy the map to garmin?
I tried rename it and put map to .System, or Library/SDcard, it still no map can be found.
help help pls~

FaZo
Location: Ipoh - NEED HOMESTAY NEAR LOST WORLD OF TAMBUN? PM ME FOR MORE INFO <Nüvi 200w & GMXT>

Postby FaZo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:35 am

andre wrote:
helium wrote:/private/var/mobile/Applications/"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/garmin-nav.app/storage-western-eu/.System

This "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the folder for each apps, so you have to go folder by folder to look for garmin-nav.app

And so far it works fine for me...

Yes, I've put the map there and rename it

But when I check on setting > myMaps > none found

But the garmin already show "ready to navigate"

I had the same problem, and this is how i solved it.

1. Install Garmin Streetpilot Onboard in your iphone.
2. Download or create "gmapsupp.img" from Malfreemaps. Download link for .exe file can be found here http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442 .
3. Change "gmapsupp.img" to "gmapprom.img" .
4. Install "iexplorer" in your computer, this is a file explorer for you iphone. If you have ifunbox, it won't open one of the directory, don't know why.
5. In iexplorer, search for this directory "var\mobile\Applications\[xxxxxxxxxxxx]\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\.System" ( [xxxxxxxxx] is a random number and alphabet for the app directory, try open one by one and see which one is the garmin folder).
6. Copy the "gmapprom.img" that you rename before, and paste it in this directory.
7. Now you need to install "ifile" in your phone. (ifile is the file explorer in iphone).
8. If you already have (or downloaded) .deb file for the "ifile" , just copy it into " /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall " (using ixplorer) and it will install automatically after you reboot your iphone.
9. Next step, open "ifile" and go to the same directory as mentioned in (5), then tap the blue colour arrow next to the "gmapprom.img" .
10. Change the permission ( User, Group, World ), all to [ Read , Write ].
11. Exit ifile, then open Garmin Streetpilot Onboard, then you will have the desired MFM super awesome map.
" By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions,one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal "

pigzz

Postby pigzz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 am

FaZo wrote:
andre wrote:
helium wrote:/private/var/mobile/Applications/"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/garmin-nav.app/storage-western-eu/.System

This "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the folder for each apps, so you have to go folder by folder to look for garmin-nav.app

2. Download or create "gmapsupp.img" from Malfreemaps. Download link for .exe file can be found here http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442 .
4. Install "iexplorer" in your computer, this is a file explorer for you iphone. If you have ifunbox, it won't open one of the directory, don't know why.
5. In iexplorer, search for this directory "var\mobile\Applications\[xxxxxxxxxxxx]\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\.System" ( [xxxxxxxxx] is a random number and alphabet for the app directory, try open one by one and see which one is the garmin folder).
6. Copy the "gmapprom.img" that you rename before, and paste it in this directory.
7. Now you need to install "ifile" in your phone. (ifile is the file explorer in iphone).
8. If you already have (or downloaded) .deb file for the "ifile" , just copy it into " /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall " (using ixplorer) and it will install automatically after you reboot your iphone.
9. Next step, open "ifile" and go to the same directory as mentioned in (5), then tap the blue colour arrow next to the "gmapprom.img" .
11. Exit ifile, then open Garmin Streetpilot Onboard, then you will have the desired MFM super awesome map.

BRO, you know what?
I really LOVE u so much!!!
actually just the problem on Permission!
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muaks!!!! :thumbsup:

BUT HOR, new problem found... i can't search for road like Jalan XXX, it just show me NONE. :ko:

shahiman

Postby shahiman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:20 pm

would someone from Malaysia/Singapore be able to share their gmaptz.img file with me? Mine is missing somehow. Thanks.

helium

Postby helium » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:27 pm

jasonmy99 wrote:Loaded MFM map to my garmin USA. Work perfectly... Tried the navigation feature... good man..
Load two map into my garmin USA.. woohoo.. seccussful..
Going to try the JCV from MSM join with MFM map...

Hi Jason,
Can share on how do you get JCV into your gamin? :tq:

keebeng

Postby keebeng » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 am

FaZo wrote:
andre wrote:

Hi Fazo,
I have downloaded Garmin USA version 2.0 and followed the steps above. However, when launching the software, it stop at the main screen which shows the company logo "Garmin" and it looks like loading forever. Anyone experienced the similar problem?

Thanks.

azlan96

Postby azlan96 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:14 pm

FaZo wrote:
andre wrote:

If non jailbroken iPhone, how?

tencheenian

Postby tencheenian » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 pm

i tried the guide, but the garmin software just load up and shows the logo for a few seconds then goes back to the home screen again. Any ideas what is causing this problem?

FYI, i am using a jailbroken ios5.0.1 iphone 4. I wonder if there is any compatibility issue for garmin apps on ios5.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”