GPS Apps for WP7?

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
azlan96

GPS Apps for WP7?

Postby azlan96 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Wonder when will there be a GPS app for WIndows Phone 7. Discuss about it..

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Re: WP7 GPS app

Postby indrapr » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Anyone knows whether the good ol' GMXT can run on WP7?

vash_h

Re: WP7 GPS app

Postby vash_h » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 am

no gmxt or papago on wp7 yet.. but bing maps is fun.. :-)

and there are plenty of gps based applications.. such as my 'fuel' application.. after filling up petrol it will automatically record the GPS location of where i pump petrol.. when i 'touch' on the coordinates it will launch bing maps and show me exactly where..

other application that supports gps location such as 'where is my car', 'find my phone (from windows live)', and many more..

one thing i love about this phone's gps, is the speed of the satelite lock, and the speed bing maps loads (it is also fast using celcom's edge connection.. i suspect is the small image size that makes it fast, unlike the huge data google maps uses)

overall, i love this phone. will love to have gmxt/papago on it more!!
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

kadajawi

Onboard navigation in Malaysia with WP7?

Postby kadajawi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:12 am

Hey everyone, I want to buy a WP7 phone, but is there anything that lets me navigate through Malaysia (and Singapore if possible) without a data connection? It seems like Bing Maps will support turn by turn navigation with the Mango update, and it seems like that will be done through Ovi Maps (yay!), or perhaps that will be another update. But what until then? And who knows how it will be with Mango... will it need a data connection? Will it be available in Malaysia? It's a bit risky... (but then again WP7 phones are dirt cheap nowadays, they are reliable *cough* Android *cough* and easy to use...).

I have found NavFone from Agis, which is supposed to work on WP7 (at least some sources say so, while the website from Agis doesn't mention WP7). Has anyone tried it? How good is it? Any limitations?

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: Onboard navigation in Malaysia with WP7?

Postby Inggo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:56 am

kadajawi wrote:Hey everyone, I want to buy a WP7 phone, but is there anything that lets me navigate through Malaysia (and Singapore if possible) without a data connection? It seems like Bing Maps will support turn by turn navigation with the Mango update, and it seems like that will be done through Ovi Maps (yay!), or perhaps that will be another update. But what until then? And who knows how it will be with Mango... will it need a data connection? Will it be available in Malaysia? It's a bit risky... (but then again WP7 phones are dirt cheap nowadays, they are reliable *cough* Android *cough* and easy to use...).
I have found NavFone from Agis, which is supposed to work on WP7 (at least some sources say so, while the website from Agis doesn't mention WP7). Has anyone tried it? How good is it? Any limitations?

the limitation is only NO have "complete set" of map for this region (Asean), & the routing is weird.
Bing map using 3G or edge data connection from CellPhone Operator, it's not "absolutely" free as PND's GPS satellite reception.

NavFone is ok, but its got same limitation on the "map" - not complete.
anyway, basically if they provide a their map compiler - we can compile a complete set of asean map for their navigation system.
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”