HERE for Android webpage: http://here.com/beta/android/?lang=en-GB
(Click on the blue "Get the app now" to download the APK which is 30+MB in size. It is not yet available in Google Play.)
- Offline navigation: Interactive maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance are still available even without an internet connection.
- Maps to download and to use offline for nearly 100 countries.
- Public transport maps and directions for over 800 cities in over 40 countries, also when you're offline.
- Live traffic info for more than 40 countries.
- Plan your journey on beta.here.com, then find your way there using your mobile.
- Personalise your map by creating Collections of your favourite places.
- Share your location with family and friends in real time as you go via Glympse. It’s private, secure and safe.
What I like about HERE is you can have true offline navigation unlike Google Maps which at the moment is not possible to download offline maps for Malaysia. For Nokia HERE, you can download whole countries' maps for offline use.
Also, navigation accuracy is superior to that of Google Maps in my local area (this is partly because Google's Malaysia map provider MapIT is really hopeless).
Downside is Live Traffic is only available for Klang Valley, SG & JB. And I think for User Interface, Google Maps is still more slick than HERE; for instance in Google Maps you can do 1½ taps (double-tap but stay on the screen on the 2nd tap) then move up or down to zoom in or zoom out with one finger.
As for POI database, neither Google Maps nor Nokia HERE is perfect; what's missing in one may be available in the other and vice versa and sometimes the POI location is a bit off (contributor fault I guess).