Papago X5 for Android

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
corrochan

Re: Papago X5 for Android phones

Postby corrochan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 pm

jchoong wrote:
corrochan wrote:hi jchoong, is your X5 here yet? gee.....i'm more excited than you are :oops: Cos I think I can recontract and get a new HTC already =P~

Nope, still not here yet. The delay most likely is due to the CNY mail traffic.

hi jchoong, is your X5 here from www.mobuy.com.tw here yet? Any issue after installing and usage?

If not, I feel like paying more and get from SGP :( I need a navi software.

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Its crazy, till not yet. Hopefully it is not stuck with Customs here in Spore. It has been impossible to contact Maction Taiwan - by email or phone. I finally sent them a fax today. Hopefully I get a status soon. In any case I have used this X5 on Android before and it works very well in Spore/Msia - because it is running MFM! It is a very basic GPS software with limited features. For those on Froyo, there's the clapping sound during Navigation. Strange enough, I am on custom ROMs and this clapping problem is not present in ROMs based on Gingerbread, as well as Desire HD. If you need a GPS software urgently, get the X5 locally.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

corrochan

Postby corrochan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks, but sorry to hear.

This is really ridiculous. We are at an age of app store and android market - instant payment and instant gratification on the phone. To see that we need to wait for (a month?) and still not see the (physical shipment), after ordering online, is .....is.....is......I'm lost for words.

Really, I do hope your software arrives soon, and not have your order/payment lost in cyberspace. :cry:

lhshyang

Postby lhshyang » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Sifus,
I got Papago X5 installed in my X10, work wonderful. But wonder how to view coordinate point of "current position".
Thanks in advance

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 pm

lhshyang wrote:Hi Sifus,
I got Papago X5 installed in my X10, work wonderful. But wonder how to view coordinate point of "current position".
Thanks in advance

You can't view the co-ordinates of any POI, not on my A10 running X5 anyway.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

dswwong

Postby dswwong » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 pm

zamad wrote:
lhshyang wrote:Hi Sifus,
Thanks in advance

You can't view the co-ordinates of any POI, not on my A10 running X5 anyway.

If I am not mistaken, there is no way one can make use of coordinates in anyway on the X5

ijnek

Postby ijnek » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

no coordinates...so sucks if u wanted to 'transfer' some of ur own POI...

but it has been running well, re-routing was fast as i purposely made some wrong turns.
jus to share, dl 'GPS status' from the market, use it to get the gps fix 1st, then run x5.
will speed up the speed which the x5 needs to hunt for the gps signal

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

corrochan wrote:Thanks, but sorry to hear.

This is really ridiculous. We are at an age of app store and android market - instant payment and instant gratification on the phone. To see that we need to wait for (a month?) and still not see the (physical shipment), after ordering online, is .....is.....is......I'm lost for words.

Really, I do hope your software arrives soon, and not have your order/payment lost in cyberspace. :cry:

My credit card statement indicates I have been charged NT$890 for the X5. I called their customer service but got nothing but voice mail. I even sent them a fax a week ago. Still no acknowledgement or response. Its hopeless! Maybe it is easier to get a free bootleg copy than to buy the genuine X5!

Edit: Update: I finally managed to contact Maction thru email and was advised the NT$890 purchase is for direct download from their site, and upon registration, a license key will be provided. It was never clear on their website; maybe it was stated in Chinese (but I can't read a word of Chinese!). They finally provided me with English instructions and I have just downloaded X5.1 and will install soon.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

operate

Postby operate » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 pm

I tried X5 on my HTC Hero, Android 2.1. At the first few attempts, I could do the Singapore postal code search but after I updated my map, I found that the SG postal code search always give me blank result. I tried to use back old map but the SG post code search just never come back. Can anyone tell me how to make the SG postal code search back?

operate

Postby operate » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 pm

operate wrote:I tried X5 on my HTC Hero, Android 2.1. At the first few attempts, I could do the Singapore postal code search but after I updated my map, I found that the SG postal code search always give me blank result. I tried to use back old map but the SG post code search just never come back. Can anyone tell me how to make the SG postal code search back?

It was finally solved by removing all the files under NAVISEA, then use back the default files and map (Malfreemaps.com 100415)

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”