Google Nexus One Handphone 2010

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mikelim
Location: Melaka, Dell Axim 50v + Haicom CF GPS + Agis Navigator 2006, Holux 62E + Papago X3, Samsung Ace + X5

Google Nexus One Handphone 2010

Postby mikelim » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 am

wow :thumbsup: gonna get 1 when it reach Malaysian shores.....wondering how much will it cost...

Nexus One Hardware Features

* Display: 3.7″ AMOLED 480×800 WVGA display
* Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
* Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
* Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
* Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
* Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
* Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
* Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
* Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
* Personalized laser engraving: Up to 50 characters on the back of the phone
* Trackball: Tri-color notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive

“The Nexus One represents the unique combination of design and innovation two companies like Google and HTC can have when they collaborate,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “The Nexus One continues HTC’s strategy of offering people a portfolio of phones that meet their diverse needs.”

Nexus One Software Innovation

The Nexus One runs on Android 2.1, a version of the platform’s Eclair software, which offers advanced applications and features including:

* Google Maps Navigation: offering turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output.
* Email: multiple Gmail accounts; universal inbox and Exchange support.
* Phone book: aggregate contacts from multiple sources, including Facebook®.
* Quick Contacts: easily switch between communication and social applications.
* Android Market: access to more than 18,000 applications.

In addition, the Nexus One introduces new functionality and software enhancements:

* Enter text without typing.
* Use a voice-enabled keyboard for all text fields: speak a text message, instant message, tweet, Facebook update, or complete an email.
* Tell your phone what you want it to do.
* Search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by just speaking into your phone.
* Take personalization to the next level.
* Dynamic, interactive, live wallpapers react to the touch of a finger.
* More widgets and five home screen panels allow for further device customization.
* Capture camera-quality pictures and video with your device.
* 5 megapixel camera includes LED flash, auto focus, zoom, white balance and color effects.
* View pictures and Picasa Web Albums in the new 3D Gallery.
* Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube with one click.
* Read your voicemail messages.
* Get transcribed voicemail with Google Voice integration, without changing your number.

http://www.techtilt.com/2010/01/07/google-nexus-one-hands-on/

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Google Nexus One Handphone 2010

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:16 am

It has been announced that Google plans to sell it exclusively over the internet for rest of world. They will bypass all the telcos.

The launching price is USD529 for an unlocked phone.

In USA, it is USD179 locked to T-Mobile.

Link : http://www.google.com/phone

Extracted from Google Website : http://www.google.com/support/android/b ... wer=166507

The Nexus One device is unlocked and will recognize SIM cards from any mobile service provider using the GSM standard. The Nexus One's antenna supports four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900) and three 3G/UMTS Bands - 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900). These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide, including T-Mobile US, but not the 850 MHz 3G band used by AT&T. The Nexus One phone will, however, deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on these networks, and of course supports WiFi as well. For questions about the bands supported by your mobile service provider, please contact your provider directly.
UNQUOTE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikelim
Location: Melaka, Dell Axim 50v + Haicom CF GPS + Agis Navigator 2006, Holux 62E + Papago X3, Samsung Ace + X5

Postby mikelim » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

US 529 = approx. RM2,100 can buy over the net. I don't need any 2G or 3.5G as I surf using laptops.... I go for the

Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash =P~
Capture camera-quality pictures and Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube with one click
Geo Tagging =P~ =P~ :thumbsup:
Display: 3.7″ AMOLED 480×800 WVGA display
The Nexus One runs on Android 2.1
Google Maps Navigation: offering turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output :thumbsup:

:peace: :lol:

ramli

Postby ramli » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 pm

:-k I wonder when they are going to pin them down for monopoly like they did for microsoft. all the sotries about bundle with internet explorer and all. Now also since the mobile phone comes with the new google tun by tunr gps application also. Garmin and Mapking also want to sell their software mar.

:peace: who cares, it is almost free anyway.

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 am

I have the Nexus One (N1), for a week already. The AMOLED display is fabulous.

It's GPS receiver is excellent. I got up to 2m accuracy, and 3-4m most of the time, during moving in car, more or less as good as my Nuvi 755T. At this moment I only use Google Maps + Google Navigation (hacked). The downside is, it consumes lots of battery juice, because, it need to be connected to google map via 3G.

Tried to install papago X5 android, but... got error. I only tried the updates from the papago.com.tw. I'll try latte if I have time and interest..

TQ.
--
Garmin nüvi® 755T (v2.80 TWN)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 am

Bro bahathir, is it true all your contacts are stored in Google server and you need to log into Google gmail to use the phone ?

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 am

It is an option if you want to sync your phone's contacts to the Google Contact. Now, ALL my contacts are in my phones and Google Contacts server. So, if I lost or got new phones, I always can check my contacts from Google Contact. Also, it can sync with your facebook contacts.

To use the phone itself, it did not have to be logged on to the Google, because your contacts are in your SIM or the phone.

Thank you...
--

waypoint
Valued Contributor

Postby waypoint » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 am

And I'm starting to wonder if your avatar has got anything to do with your pre-occupation with the phone's camera and geo-tagging features... :-k =P~

Nookie... GOOD! :peace:

mikelim wrote:Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash =P~
Capture camera-quality pictures and Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube with one click
Geo Tagging =P~ =P~ :thumbsup:
:peace: :lol:
http://twitter.com/waypoint12xl
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
"I honestly don't care if you think I'm crazy. You're probably just a figment of my imagination anyway." - Unknown

mikelim

Postby mikelim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Does it mean it will be costly as it is connected by using 3G? It will be another downside.... I plan to get it in May.... if its as good as its advertised....

bahathir wrote: The downside is, it consumes lots of battery juice, because, it need to be connected to google map via 3G.

TQ.

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Yes, you need data plan to be safe :)... BTW, if you use Papago android, which the maps ara in the phone, then you not need to connected to net/3G. :)

BTW, I am waiting for the Garmin's Android apps :) Anyone to try to get the job as Android developers in Garmin ? :)

http://garmin.blogs.com/rtpjobs/applica ... d=newsroom

If you are willing to wait, there will be lots of new Android phones this year... So, stay tuned :).

BTW, please read the official Nexus One review/testing in LYN :)
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1294834/

TQ.
Last edited by bahathir on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”